January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

I'm 26 weeks, yeah I have a Doppler doesn't help when I'm in work :hugs: xxxx I know I'm stressing over nothing but it's just worrying :( good to know everyone else has the same worries :hugs:

The only thing that reassured me is that they tell you not to try and count the kicks until you reach 28 weeks as you can't rely on feeling regular movement before then. I've had days a few weeks ago when I'd felt nothing at work all day but then started getting some movements in the late evening. if it really bothers you they'd sooner you ring then worry yourself silly. I'd decided if I went all day without feeling anything at all I'd ring them but fortunately a few hours after i start worrying she wakes up and has a kick about.

We have quiet days here too, and sometimes I think maybe its me not picking up on her movements (I just put it down to AP mostly though)

At the baby showers I've been to you take a little gift (dont usually have a registry/wish list for them) and you play games like "guess the baby food" "guess the weight of something" "can you make a penis out of play-dough" that kind of thing. Normally have nibbles and drinks too.

100 days to go until due date. That's quite scary but exciting too.
I find I'm spending more time in the 3rd Tri forum now (even though I'm early I just find more things seem to apply to me now)

Got my Gestational Diabetes test on the 2nd of November.
Truly - seeing as yours is tomorrow (good luck btw) would you please let me know how it goes because I'm dreading it!

just got back from doctors....75% effaced and now 2 cm dilated....now I am on very strict bed rest and not supposed to put any pressure on my cervix. Saw on U/S baby A pressing on cervix and it opening like a zipper! It was very weird.

Think i need to change my ticker to expecting a pumpkin instead of a snowflake

Doctor did say the babies looked great and have wonderful weights! She was glad I had already had 2 steroid shots, but told me if I go back to L & D to get another one! She said she was glad to see such healthy looking babies especially since I am in pre term labor.

5 - don't do that to me, I'm sat here stuffing my face with beans on toast when I read your post re GTT test...... had to double check the date but it's next Tues, the 25th phew!

Thinking well thoughts for you daisy! Hope they stay put awhile longer, xx

My chunky monkey has been quiet more than normal, but was told to call if you don't feel movemen for 8 or so hours. Also heard not to really count until 28 weeks.

I'm in the lab now waiting for my glucose test, drank a surgery drink and then had to wait 1 hour to draw blood, not sure when I'll get the results though, so far hasn't been bad, we'll see if I say that when I get the result tho lol!

I'm also spending a lot more time in the 3rd trimester forum, moving over officially next thurs, those topics suit me more as well.

Hope the rest of you are doing well, xx

thanx for all the support guys :hugs:

Had some movement this evening and got a nice healthy HB on my doppler, trying very hard to relax about it all.

Daisy I have everything x'd for you huni, you two little naughties stay put a little while longer :haha: but loving the change from snowflake to pumpkin :rofl:

Hey everyone. Sorry missed so many posts I am knackered and in major pain with the ribs so just popped on on my phone while laid in bed to say hey and hope everyones ok! X

Daisy!!! I've got my fIngers crossed you don't end up being a bumpkin!!

Chobette - hope the GTT went ok! I've got mine on Thurs

Lintu - :hugs:

I've missed loads but I read at 1am when Isaac woke - he's got croup again so not well but managed to avoid a trip to A&E which I am grateful for as would never survive at work with that little sleep!

Kezz - hope your ribs are better soon.
Hugs to anyone I've missed xx

Hi everyone, just had a quick catch up. Didnt get on las t night as we took Annie to the circus which was great fun but we had to sit on those hard benches they have and now my back, pelvis and bum are killing me!

I feel so drained, really need a quiet day but cant see one coming anytime soon!

K477 I hope Isaac feels better soon bless him!

Have a good day everyone

5 - don't do that to me, I'm sat here stuffing my face with beans on toast when I read your post re GTT test...... had to double check the date but it's next Tues, the 25th phew!

:blush: Sorry hun, I'm losing my mind and cant even get the date right lol

To those who have had the test....what's it like?
I need to stop eating at 10pm the evening before (like I'm even awake at 10pm!!) and can only have water. Appointment for 9am. Says I will be there two hours at least.

Ladies lil bit of a personal question for you but has anyone else noticed they have swollen labia? I noticed last night that mine are rather swollen, was not like that a few days ago :shrug: don't know if it's a pregnancy/pressure thing but thought I'd get the dr to check it out if it's still like that Friday!

I'm couldn't get anywhere near mine to tell you LOL they don't feel it though. I think I read before that it can happen in pregnancy. Worth checking anyway I'd say.

yeah i couldnt see mine either. i am having a hell of a time keeping it groomed but no i don't think it is and yes it can happen especially if baby has turned an applying pressure to the pelvic area now

Thanx guys, yeah can't see either had to enlist DH and a mirror to help lol. As for grooming it's a nightmare, again had to get DH to help out!! Bless him, bet he never saw that one coming, although he was very proud of his little self after :rofl:

You are so lucky lintu. Df used to sort mine out but refuses to now so its off to the salon. He's agreed to pay though so its not all bad.

:hi: Sorry ladies... I remember joining this group back in July but i've not been very good and keeping in touch with it. :blush:

Can I ask those who have had their 28-week midwife appointment what was involved? I've got mine tomorrow afternoon and I know they'll take a pee sample and take bp as usual but apart from that i'm not sure. Does everyone get a GTT and if so when is it? I don't recall the midwife mentioning this to me.

Thank you in advance and sorry again.... :hugs:

Not everyone gets the GTT in the UK, it is only if there is indication, usually a family history of diabetes or a high BMI. I get one because my last baby was bigger than expected and I struggled to push her out even though my BMI was "within normal limits"...

Thanks ladies. My BMI is normal and no history of diabetes in the family so I assume it's not something I'll be offered without good cause. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->