January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

Also age and how many previous pregnancies you have had is taken into account too

Back in hospital, on magnesium...was contacting bad, new I am having small very short contractions about 2 min apart, but it's more like uterin agrivation instead of labor. Still 2cm. They will check me tomorrow...so at least 24 hours in hospital and if I have cervical change, I'll be here till delivery. Doctors talk about c-sections with pre term twins and that it was safest because if their heads being so much bigger than bodies, a NICU nurse will ask come in and talk to us.btw ladies...magnesium is awful the first 30-45 minutes! But it's great for the babies development.

Ladies lil bit of a personal question for you but has anyone else noticed they have swollen labia? I noticed last night that mine are rather swollen, was not like that a few days ago :shrug: don't know if it's a pregnancy/pressure thing but thought I'd get the dr to check it out if it's still like that Friday!

Mine is very swollen!

Back in hospital, on magnesium...was contacting bad, new I am having small very short contractions about 2 min apart, but it's more like uterin agrivation instead of labor. Still 2cm. They will check me tomorrow...so at least 24 hours in hospital and if I have cervical change, I'll be here till delivery. Doctors talk about c-sections with pre term twins and that it was safest because if their heads being so much bigger than bodies, a NICU nurse will ask come in and talk to us.btw ladies...magnesium is awful the first 30-45 minutes! But it's great for the babies development.

I hope there is no change and things slow down for you. So, it sounds like you will have a c-section? When would they try to do it, like did they say how far a long they want you to be or try to get to?? Please take care and keep us updated when you can, xx :hugs: lots of positive thoughts going your way

Hi Ladies.

Lintu : Yes i have had this for a while now which my DH thinks is hilarious and delights in telling me its like a " pair of bollocks!" :shock: They are not!! lol.. It is however very normal. It is caused by the additional circulating blood volume and seeing as tho it will be going alot of work for you later on do get alot of extra blood. lol

Blaire: Unless indicated you will not generally be offered a GTT THe criteria does vary depending on hospital but mainly for those with F.History, or prev Gestational Diabetes. Raised BMI or Prev baby bigger than 4.5kg (about 10lb) If you have no risk factors but have 2 episodes of sugar in wee you wil have one also. I have never heard of one simply due to age maybe years ago.

Anyhoo... so other than noticing that i can eat everything in sight and little puffy ankles in the evening all is well. although i look like a elephant little one is measuring as should be. Active little bugger tho! Nice to feel him/her.

Anyone else not sleeping well?? I just keep waking up on my back which makes me bloody paranoid sleeping on my side gives me numb bloody hips and if i dont have all that on the 20x i wake up its bloody cramp!! lol.

x

I've had a GTT test booked since 12 weeks just because I'm over 35, I think it's par the course now if you're over 35 regardless of any other criteria.

Maybe it's a difference in the culture, here in the states, it's offered automatically. It's a standard test done between 24-28weeks. I just had mine done, despite this being my first pregnancy, being 21, and no previous diabetes in the history.

Maz -- Sleeping problems? you betchya!! One night I can't sleep due to anxiety, heartburn, pelvic pain, etc, and will be lucky to get 3-4 hours of sleep. Another day I will wake up half-way with the same problems. It's a never-ending battle with my body.

You are so lucky lintu. Df used to sort mine out but refuses to now so its off to the salon. He's agreed to pay though so its not all bad.

aawww bless him at least he's paying :hugs: my friend generally waxes my bikini line but iv been sooo sleepy i just havent had the energy to go round as she keeps me there for ages chatting, that sounds so ungrateful, but also cant stand the thought of it at the moment, so just making doo with a short back n sides :rofl:

and you know how i was moaning about lack of movement yesterday, well LO has been super active this afternoon/evening to the point of i feel very bruised and battered, poor little thing just cant win, but its very reasuring I love it and wouldmuch rather this and than stressing over lack of movement :hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies.

Lintu : Yes i have had this for a while now which my DH thinks is hilarious and delights in telling me its like a " pair of bollocks!" :shock: They are not!! lol..

x

:rofl: sorry huni but that made me laugh so hard I very nearly pee'd :hugs::hugs:

good to know im not alone and am some version of normal :hugs::hugs:

:hugs::hugs: aww chicken hope things slow down for you :hugs::hugs: hang in there you naughty pair

5 - the GTT involves a 12 hour fast... With nothing but sips of water and then a blood test, a lucazade type drink and then 2hrs later another blood text... Some people say the drink is horrid... I had proper lucazade with mine so was yummy!!

Daisy :hugs: take care sweety xx

My brain is all over the place and I can't remember anyone else!! Sorry! :blush:

Oh :wave: Maz!! How are you? Im not sleeping properly either my back aches my hips ache!

Isaac is a little better.. Glad we didn't have to make a trip to A&E... But he's still not right.. My poor baby

3 more days until 1/2 term!! Hurrah!!! And one of those days I'm not in work til late afternoon as I've got GTT!!! Yay!!

Is anyone really feeling the effects of baby brain? I've been terrible today!

oh my gosh alot has went on since my last post. poor daisy well it looks like the pregnany will be over real soon for her. i pray the babies are ok.

the vag area my hubby thinks i am crazy for still worrying about the grooming part but get a kick out of my positioning to get the job done

well it looks like my mini vacation is over i am entering my next set of classes. i have been off for two weeks and its been so nice. i wil have class again every day for 8 weeks but thats life

Daisy: prayers for you

As for the GTT, I had my GD test week and a half ago. I am sure they would have phoned if I had to go back for 3hr test but I have a doctors appt tomorrow and will confirm results. In Canada, it is also mandatory to do around 28weeks.

:hugs: Daisy, I hope u r ok. Im sure this must be very scary for you but I will keep you in my thoughts and hope they can keep those babies inside for a few more weeks!!

K477 - I definately have baby brain. Am forgetting things, putting things in the wrong place etc, etc. Just generally not with it.

Still feeling lots of pressure in my pubic region, have mw on monday so definately going to get her to do a proper check and see if baby is too low down. Im worried its getting itself in position already!

Think I'm feeling BH lately. Cant remember having them before so its a new feeling for me.

26wks today, think I'm one of the later January dates who posts so sometimes I feel a bit behind.

Hope everything is ok when you get checked LM.

well i am going to just pop in and say hi no one responds to me but wanted to say hi anyways. glad your all well

5 - I'd never noticed you were exactly 2 weeks behind me.. Happy 26 weeks..!!!

Mm - seeing as I'm going to ignore you... I won't say hi! (how are you?)

Lm - glad it's not just me!!

Between Isaac and limpet I got about 3 hrs last night.. And now I can't sleep!!!!!!!

GTT tomorrow arggghhhhhh!!!!!

K477uk - Good luck at your test, is this your first one? If so, it's not bad at all. I had mine done on Monday.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Is anyone else feeling a little pressure on their lady bits? I am not sure if maybe it's just his position, but it's annoying at times since I don't know what it is??

:pink::pink:

Please add me to the list we finally found out last night we are being bless with a baby girl!!! Check out the 3D ultrasounds if you like.

Attachments

• KOCH_63.jpg
    KOCH_63.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 5
  • KOCH_59.jpg
    KOCH_59.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 3
Heyyy, just checking in with everyone :)
I'm almost at 27 weeks! I finally took a baby bump picture (my avatar)... I was worried that mine was small for being so far along, but it literally popped out within the last 2 weeks. I'm still trying to figure out a name for him :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->