January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

oh my kezz that is something of a bump there. i think think they will do it somewhere between 37-38 weeks they are careful to make sure the lungs are developed other wise the baby could develop things like asthma or phenomena. daisy's little ones had steroid shots and still had these breathing problems so, just consider that whan they set the date. i would ask the do a blood test to be sure the lungs are fully developed if they do go that early.

yes, I am home, but I miss being there with them. Hubby and I go in the evenings to see them when we have a sitter for Olivia. SHe is not allowed to see them yet. They wont let her in there, she is to little. She does kiss the photos I show her and she knows when I am pumping it;s for the babies. She tells me I am making milk for Emily & Nathan. It is so cute:)
Babies are still doing good. Both have finally pooped...took almost a week, but finally. I cant believe they will be a week old tomorrow and I still have yet to hold my son. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to. They told me to kangaroo them I need at least a few hours. They hate taking them out for short periods of time since they are so small. I just need to find a few hours to do it.

Daisy -- So precious, glad to hear you got to hold your little girl, hopefully Nathan soon, and then hopefully soon to follow be able to go home. xx

K477 - Soooo DRY, I have CM during the day and moving about, but whenever it comes to DTD, my goodness. Been put on pelvic rest and haven't DTD for almost 2 weeks, so you would think it wouldn't be a problem when the time comes, but seems to still be a problem.

Kezz - lovely bump, I would say play it by ear until your next appointment. The earliest I have heard of them booking a csection is 39 weeks unless they deem it necessary before that. Make sure you ask lots of questions when you go in though, sometimes my doctors like to dodge the bullet on some of the questions. I have a scan on the 10th, 29 weeks, to check for placenta previa, but this last doctor I have seen said I would need another one before book a c-section. Like you, I would rather find out sooner rather than later.

Counting down the days until our next scan...wish it would get here sooner, I am itching to see my little boy again. Hopefully shortly after that I can get answers on what the plan will be based on that scan. xx

Chobette - I thought I was weird! I'm tempted to get some lube - especially when it comes to eviction time!!!

Lintu - Hope it clears it's self up nicely... just remember that Google can be evil at times!

Kezz - Nice bump! I agree with Chobette... It wouldn't be agreed until my 36wk appointment whether or not I would have a section (not that I want one!) but they wouldn't schedule it before 39wks...

I have a question... I'm a teacher and i gave my maternity leave notice for Christmas... ie to start on the first day back after holidays, so my last day would be 16th December. However, if I wanted to go off a week or two earlier... (as im already feeling knackered and may not be able to get all the way to xmas!) am i entitled to do that? Would i have to give a certain amount of notice for it?

Technically you have to give 28 days notice, but your employer may be reasonable and understand the need to go early - especially if you are signed off by doc - but beware even if you are signed off by doc they will start your mat leave from that point unless it is something unpreg related.

Oh 5, sounds like you're having a crappy time of it :hugs:

I'm not the best person to be giving advice (I always put my foot in it & say the wrong thing!) but I would say that I've learnt the hard way that you cannot please everyone. I too try to take everyone's feelings into account before I do anything, but I often find myself half pleasing everyone by going down this route. So - figure out who is most important, concentrate on them & screw the rest! xx

Well Monday soon rolled around.
Its half term here so apart from housework I'm planning a lazy day with the girls.

Daisy - I showed your beautiful babies to my dd1 and she couldnt believe how they looked for being born at 29wks. I hope they are continuing to do well.

Good luck with your MW appointment LM

Had a viewing for the house on saturday, it seemed to go well (but generally they all do until the viewers walk out and you dont hear back) Had a halloween party to go to on the evening, I was tired and bored but the kids enjoyed it. Sunday we went roller skating (well I watched) everyone had loads of fun and some picked up some nasty bruises but eager to go again. By the time I get to go they'll be pro's.

So - Parenting advice - how do I deal with jealousy and clinginess? My step-childrens mum just had her baby (baby girl called Mia) and the kids havent really reacted very happily to her and so have been having little spats with my girls about my OH not being their dad, loving them more etc and generally not letting myself or dd1/2 anywhere near him.
One said they thinking babies are stupid and cant believe there's going to be another one around soon (referring to ours) and they're sick of them and that they are never going to get away from babies.

Where as that is true, myself and OH are now feeling guilty that we are expecting. We spent a year speaking to all the children about us having a baby, how it might effect us, asked what they thought and everything. Then by the time we get our BFP both my ex and my OH ex had already fallen pregnant (without speaking once to any of the children about it)
Am I selfish? Should we have stopped ttc? We might been able to give the kids some baby-free space. But now it seems that being last due its us that have copied others and made things worse for them.
Maybe I just worry too much about others feelings. After all didnt we do it the right way by talking to the kids? Or was that our mistake? Should we have just gone for it and then been first, could of had baby by now and then maybe others would be dealing with this strange situation.

Gosh, sorry for the rambling.

Yeah kezz, technically if u wana change dates u have to give 28 days notice, but I'm sure if you explain they will be reasonable xxx

Yep K deffo staying off google, evil thing :(

Took me ages reading through all the posts! Can't really remember what everyone has said now :dohh:

Hey Kristel my due date buddy! That time apart from your OH sounds like it's been put to good use! Your wee girls room sounds lovely :kiss:

MM - I'm not counting the kicks but I'll take a notion every now & then & I'll give him a poke until I get a reaction, hehe. Love how your OH is feeling so proud of himself - you made me laugh! Thanks! x

LM - 3 times is crazy, I agree. Hope Annie feels better x

Lintu - K4 is right - google can be evil! Am sure you'll be fine hun x

Nice bump Kezz! Hope you get some definate answers re c-section soon.

Chobette - the 10th will come around quickly enough! Hope you get the news you want! x

Daisy - that pic of you holding Emily is amazing! Hope you get to hold Nathan very soon x

Truly - can't remembered what you posted but hello!

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

Well, as usual, I'm feeling frustrated at being tired, heavy & not being as physically active as I'd like. I want everything organised & I want it organised NOW!!!!

Anyone else got a two legged alarm clock that goes off at a totally unreasonable hour?!!! Our three year old DS felt 5.45 was a suitable time to kick start this morning. All advice welcome!!!!!

if you go off sick with a pregnancy related illness within 4 weeks of your due date, your employer can start your maternity leave at that time i.e. 4 weeks before your due date. Seeing as your due date is 19th Jan and you're currently finishing on 16th Dec this isn't going to apply to you so if all else fails, you can go off sick without your maternity kicing in early.

My policy says I can finish earlier than the date I have given provided I give 28 days notice so it seems to be standard.

Tilly -- I've been put on pelvic rest for the past few weeks with little exercise advised, but I caved in and organized... AGAIN, my son's baby clothes :haha: I need things organized as well, but maybe I might be too organized by the time he gets here :dohh: I think I have went through everything 3 times now and I still have 13 weeks remaining to go.

I don't have a two-legged alarm clock, so can't give any advice. I have an internal alarm clock that does that though.

kezz - don't have an answer for you, seeing as it's done much differently here, but I hope you get it straightened out and you can go on it a little early. I know what you mean about being knackered, so hopefully you can get some early reprieve. xx

Hope everyone is doing well. xx

Anyone elses skin gone mega tight on their bump??

Over the last few days iv noticed mine getting tighter, to the point of its really uncomfy tonight :shrug: i have a nice day off tomorrow, little bit of a lie in then off to watch dolphins tail with my neice, dont know whose more excited me or her!

lintu - mine does, mainly in the evening or while walking around. xx

daisy - what a beautiful picture of you holding Emily. Hopefully you will get to hold Nathan soon. Hope babies are doing well :)
21p1eco - for sure will definitly post pictures when nursey is all done. I just can't wait!!
k477uk - I'm the opposite of dry.. TMI: I often "leak" I'm guessing it is just pee though..
kezz - beautiful bump! I too didn't have my uterus measured at my last MW appt
Tilly - yes DH has been so busy. My gf and I are saying he is NESTING oh my goodness could not stop laughing lol bc he totally is. So sweet of him! Sounds like you are nesting yourself ;)

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

I got a call from doctors office late last night with the results of my bloodwork. My hemoglobin is low. I admit I am no longer taking my vitamins. I just forget and they're huge...So now I have to get back taking them. My mom was right and so that she doesn't worry bout me (and nag me!) I lied to her and said the results came back fine. I'm not too worried, just gotta take some iron pills

Wow, I didnt come on last night and had loads to catch up on this morning!

Kezz lovely bump he is growing nicely! Mine is still super low. Glad to hear you will probably get a c-section. Dont wish him out too soon though. Im hoping to get to 37 weeks which is when Annie came, but she was still hospitalised with Jaundice at that stage possibly because she was a little early and only 6lb 12ozs. But obviously with it being over Xmas and all its going to be awkward timing! One question though... If you go into spontaneous labour will you still get a c-section?

Tilly I have a two legged alarm clocm clock who decided around 5.30 - 5.45 was ok to be getting up and OMG did she get stroppy by the afternoon so I made her have a one and a half hour nap yesterday afternoon and kept her up a bit later last night and she is still asleep at 7am this morning! Hopefully she will be in a better mood today now!

Lintu my skin is quite tight around the top of my bump makes it quite itchy sometime and I have quite a few stretch marks now!

OH has found a job ladies!! So happy for him!

Congrats to your OH LM, I know its hard and stressful so I hope it all works out x

Today I'm 27wks hurrah.
Its exciting for me to be at this point.

Empty house this morning, dd1/2 are at their cousins house not picking them up until 2.30pm after I've done a viewing on the house (which is handy) Please God let the viewing go well, please.

So must get on today.
Hope everyone is having a good day x

Happy 27 weeks 5, all getting a lil real now!!

Think these last 12 weeks might just be the longest of my life, lol

Good luck with house viewing 5!

Congrats on the job front LM!

Tilly - have fun on iron tablets - just remember to have plenty of fruit!

Lintu - I am so impatient - I don't want to wish time away, but it seems ages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->