January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Frustrated - so pleased for you. Can you get anyone to look after your lo for a few hours until Friday? You could just say you feel unwell, don't have to tell them the whole story if you don't feel up to sharing.

Hello and welcome to the newbies!

Welcome newcomers :flower:

Frustrated that is wonderful news! Did they identify a cause for the bleeding? An SCH or something? I had a threatened miscarriage with my second at 14 weeks that was eventyally identified as an scH. I know how hard it is to rest with a baby under 1 who just wants to be ob the go and doesn't realise why mama just wants to lay on the couch. We did a lot of reading together and I would lounge on the floor while she played on and around me.

Colouring is something most people find very relaxing (I posted about a colouring book I bought to. Help my anxiety yesterday), and maybe.it would be worth listening to some hypnobirthijg cds or something? Well probably more generic relaxation cds than hypnobirthing, but something like that.

Heather why can't you have baths? It takes pretty hot bath water to raise your core temperature high enough to pose a risk to the baby. Even hot tubs aren't banned to pregnant women just a time limit put on them. I have Epsom salt baths weekly to relax and increase my magnesium (something else cortisol depletes)

We will be team yellow again, just as we have been previously.

Oh and fitmama lol at dh confusing oxyclean with oxycontin :rofl:

Frustrated that's so awesome to hear! I hope it keeps going in a positive direction for you!

Welcome to all the new ladies!

NDH, no they haven't been able to say what is causing the bleeding. I wish they could tell me. It's the not knowing what is causing it and not knowing when it will strike again that causes me the most concern. According to some IVF experts baths, flying, exercise, sex, lifting anything above 2kgs and many other things should all be avoided for the first trimester. I used to poo-poo such thoughts and had a very active first pregnancy. However, given the trouble I've had this time I intend to be much more cautious this time round to give myself the best possible chance.

ndh- i second the epsom salt baths!! the magnesium is great for your whole body and can stave off preterm labor :thumbup: i took them once a week with my last baby too :)

I can understand not wanting to take any chances this time :)
An epsom salt foot soak could be a relaxing subsitute.

Sounds like a nice idea :)

Last time round I was having daily baths to try to bring on labour! I ended up putting about half a bottle of clary sage oil into one bath but it still had no effect. The Epsom salts bath comment brought back those now happy memories. At the time I was just pee'd off about being so late tho! Should have relaxed and enjoyed the extra time whilst I had it!

when do you guys start buying stuff for bub... i have no patience at all haha, my friends throughout the year and a half of trying kinda gave me some of there stuff but still have lots to buy. im probably not going to start buying until 10-12 weeks

Frustrated i hope everything goes positive your way, sending some of my positivity x

when do you guys start buying stuff for bub... i have no patience at all haha, my friends throughout the year and a half of trying kinda gave me some of there stuff but still have lots to buy. im probably not going to start buying until 10-12 weeks

Frustrated i hope everything goes positive your way, sending some of my positivity x

I didn't buy much of anything until after my baby shower, which I think was around 30 weeks? And even then I didn't really buy anything until 36 weeks or so.

Fair enough :) I love hot baths too - I don't have a thermometer in them to know exactly how hot, but I would say probably around 105 (that's about 40*C?) I just don't stay in long enough for my skin to get red and I keep well hydrated.
In the grand scheme of things I think the relaxing effect to has on me does far more good than the small potential for harm so I am ok with it.
But if you would be worried it obviously wont have a positive relaxing effect on you. We all have to make our own choices that we are comfortable with.

Morning girls hope ur all Ok. Woke up with slightly sore Boobs . Haven't been sore St all up to now. My morning sickness started around 6 ish weeks last time so if it's coming I'm sure it's on its way.
6 weeks tomoz. I have the midwife again in two weeks to go thru my blood results check urine etc. And hopefullyget my scan aappointment in the post at around 10 weeks seems so long away. Ino it goes fast but not fast enough lol. I'm such a worrier lol.
I'm going to have babies in January February & March how expensive lol.
I'm getting more excited but stil have moment so panic thinking will I cope with three and so young lol x

Welcome and congratulations Noodlegal and Operation BbyO. I've added you to the front page.

Hi there
I seem to have been missed on the front page we are due jan 2nd :)
Keep those feet up as much as you can lovely, I am so pleased you saw the flicker xx

Hey please can I join you girls. I think I am due about 24th January.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->