January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Welcome Shanoa! I'm also expecting a rainbow baby after a loss in early January.

Do you know what you're having? Or is it a surprise?

https://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr205/donnarobinson1214/Mobile%20Uploads/04B9BC6B-FD53-4071-9D16-8B3A255F7B43_zpsu1zheb5a.jpg

Here is my Moses basket it's gorgeous!
Can't wait till he's here X

It's beautiful! Makes me want one, but we'll just be reusing the pack n play from ds1.

That is really cute! I never heard about moses baskets before. I had a small crib in our room for DS1 but ended up only using it once or twice (ended up just co-sleeping). Our bed is lower to the ground, and the crib was higher up. It was really awkward and annoying. I am trying to figure out an alternative because I really don't want to use it again, but we have to put baby somewhere safe as DS1 co-sleeps with us still. I have a pack and play (mine doesn't have the napper/changer feature) but I fear it will be too low to the ground (it gets REALLY cold here in the winter).

I know next to nothing about moses baskets - what are they like vs. just a bassinet?

This is the crib/bassinet thing I currently have:

Attachments

• 81VEZKMhNLL._SX522_.jpg
    81VEZKMhNLL._SX522_.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
Hey ladies sorry I have been mia been so busy and almost moved to Canada but now were not hubby didn't think was a good idea with bub on the way... But other then that everything has been cruzy and can't wait till our little man is here :D oh and today is our 3rd year wedding anniversary so that's exciting. hope everyone is doing well xx

My cousin had her baby!
I'm so proud she was only 2-3cm at half 10 and they took her for her waters to be broke I fell asleep woke up and he's here 11.47pm and he made it on my nans birthday! So proud she's having an operation at the minute as placenta got stuck bless her so don't no much but he looks just like his big brother and I so can't wait for Cruz to be born now!

Moses baskets are good but they out grow them pretty quick Chad loved his though :) j have a small crib also but doubt I'll use it unless Cruz doesn't like the Moses basket X

ttcbean- there are these co-sleepers that attach to the side of your bed and can be adjusted to the height of your bed. you might google 'co-sleeper bed' and see what options come up. I have seen so many that look really great. we don't ever use a crib or anything and these look like a wonderful option. of course we don't need one, we always have at least 1 baby co-sleeping with us (sometimes 2) until they are ready to go to a toddler bed next to ours.

happy anniversary sakura!!! and good to hear from you again :)

donna- congrats to your cousin! it definitely makes me eager to hold this little one when I see newbies

Definitely makes you all the more eager, eh Donna? Congrats to your cousin. A friend on FB recently had her baby, and it makes me feel more excited! And beautiful bassinet!

Hi girls! Well my DS and I have officially moved - has been crazy busy and we bow both have a cold from the plane trip but I'm so glad it's done! My DH joins us in six weeks. Hope it goes quickly! Looks like I'll be getting the bugaboo donkey, exciting but the price is crazy so my parents are helping out. Anyone used one? Think I'll get the car seat adaptor for quick trips. The bassinet is lovely but makes it feel huge!
Love your photos Lock, so pretty!
Yay for your cousins baby Donna! Hope you get lots of cuddles :)
Hi Sakura! Happy anniversary!
Welcome Shanona :)
I have a co sleeper which I'm excited to use this time. Love being able to roll over and feed the baby.
Think we've finally decided on a name!! Mia Grace :) it feels right so think this will be her name. Makes it feels so much more exciting

Lovely name Lucy glad your all moved Hun must of been stressful.
My first Baby slept with me for a few months when he was a baby Chad never has tho he just loved sleeping by himself . He's always been very independent.
My arm is killing my from whooping cough jab.
I've got the midwife today and I really can't wait to meet him now have my scan in the 30th to look forward to :) X

I'm anemic I just new it as in so tired X need to take iron X
Babies fine still head down measuring 31 at 31+5 X

welcome to the anemia club! I think there's a few of us now, myself included.

I think mine is so bad I'm taking special prenatals with extra iron, on top of a daily iron supplement as well

Just came back from appointment. I'm getting a growth scan next week because apparently my PAPP-A results were on the low side and no one felt like telling me before now. Now I'm very worried, wondering if the screenings and US missed something :(

Sorry your worried danna sure all will be fine, not sure what Papp a results are so can't be much help.

Hopefully the iron will make u feel less tired Donna. I finally went and got my 28 wk bloods done today.. Feel exhausted lately so will see what they come back with.

Seems crazy I have seen no one since 16 weeks other than my scans and don't see a mw until 34 weeks!

Glad you're all moved Lucy ;) love the name so pretty!

Think we're quite set on Lilly Amelia ;)

Xxx

Can't Believe u haven't seen anyone embeth X
I next see my midwife to do my birth plan and we can't do that until I've had my scan to check my placenta has moved up.

So I've got my scan 3 weeks yday on the 30th Nov and then 3 weeks today till my next midwife appointment 1st December X

He's just had the hiccups I'm sure of it 😃 X

Ohh does the midwife help with the birth plan? I've started a rough draft but still have a lot of stuff to add.

Danna :hugs:

Our midwife does our birth plan with us in our notes . I don't tend to pay much attention to it really as labour rarely goes to plan lol x

Hope all is well with your LO Danna. When is hour growth scan?

my birthing center had a birth plan for me to fill out during registration, though I remember from my previous pregnancy with DS when I went to the same practice that the closer I got to my EDD, the more my midwives had asked me questions and took notes, such as pain alternatives, cord blood banking or delayed cord clamping, and skin to skin contact immediately after birth.

So DS has been super super cranky the for the past few weeks. At first I thought it was teething, but, I don't know, maybe he's getting a sense that he won't be the youngest for much longer and isn't happy about it. He's just been so miserable, clingy, and grumpy. Anyone else dealing with something similar with their LO's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->