January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

I hate nye too. Never been out for it and usually just stay in and watch the fireworks but tonight I will hopefully be sleeping!

embeth- happy full term! you look great!!!

donna- happy 39 weeks!!!

mushy- hope it's not much longer for you :hugs:

Frustrated- one more day to due date! hope you don't have to wait much longer.

Lilly- yay baby went head down :)

Heather- happy full term!!!

I'm not a big fan of nye. our neighborhood usually does fireworks and I sit here hoping my kids don't wake up. :wacko: I'm usually up til 12 or 1 every night anyways so I will probably be up, but everyone else is asleep so it won't matter lol.

39 weeks today! excited to make it here, but feeling very unusual since I usually have them by now. I've never really had to think about inductions since they come between 37-38.5 weeks for me. feels very overwhelming to have to consider being induced if he doesn't come on his own before.

thanks bev! I hope so, but I'm not too terribly uncomfortable yet. I hope your LO decides to come any minute!!! I'm sure by my due date I will be over it :)

I also prefer to be at home for nye. It's nice to be with family/friends and have a few drinks and nibbles and enjoy the company. Maybe even watch a cheesy film. I love cheesy easy to watch films.

Other than watch the ball drop live on TV we never do anything for nye.

I've just downloaded a contraction timer app for my phone. It works as a stop watch but will display the elapsed time between them as well as length of contractions and show the history so I can see if there's a significant pattern

I haven't been out for nye since before j had kids

I was having pains earlier was really sore but they've gone now lol x

We don't do anything either. Hoping I'm sleeping by midnight haha!

Lock, what app is it?

Not having any noticeable contractions today... just a few this morning... now nothing. SO bummed! 39 weeks tomorrow. My DH told me today he is so surprised LO isn't here yet... me too!

I'm also part of the stay-at-home-for-NYE club. Just wish I could have a glass of good wine and sushis to celebrate with OH, hehe.

I have an app on my phone too, I just searched contraction timer and downloaded the first one I found. I used one with ds1 too and it was awesome cause you just push to start and stop. Totally takes all the thinking out of it.

Just had a doctor appointment and I'm 4 cm dilated! I've been having irregular contractions all day (week) and she recommended I didn't leave until I walked around for an hour to see if I could get them regular. I still haven't packed my bags yet, so I went home to do that first. Hopefully something happens tonight! But I feel if I get my hopes up too much I'll end up disappointed.

Wow, Mushy! That's amazing that you are already at 4cm without being in labour. I'm going to ask for an exam when I see my midwife on Sunday. I doubt I'll be dilated at all though. It took me hours of awful pain to get to 6cm last time so I would love to be at 4cm now. Am so hoping I don't have to get induced again. Well, one thing is for certain. With just 8 minutes left to go we certainly won't be having the first baby born on Jersey in 2016 :haha:

I know how you feel mushy, about getting your hopes up. On Tuesday midwife said I was 3-4cm/80% effaced and that I could go any minute. She even said I could possibly beat her other patient who was having contractions that day! Well, needless to say the other woman had her baby and here I am...

Good luck to you, hope something happens soon for you!!!

I just did what mushy described, typed in contraction timer in the play store search and downloaded the first one. It's called contraction timer and had an orange face and clock face as the icon.

I've been so sleepy all day and just laying down doing nothing. No appetite, and have been contacting on and off all day long. Hasn't let up when it usually does. Right now contractions are about 10 to 30 mins apart and laying 1 to 2 mins long. Maybe something this will finally be the start of something *knock on wood*

My bubs showed up yesterday! Just like my first son he came flying out. I went to the birthing center as a precaution and didn't actually think I was really in labor. I was only 2 cm so they let me hang out to see what happened. 3 hours later I was holding my baby!

Congrats operation! That's super fast!

I've been having contractions for hours, they're starting to get painful but they haven't gotten super consistent yet. I was told as soon as they're consistent I can get checked into the hospital since I'm already 4 cm. I hope I have this baby tonight!

Not sure if I might be in labour, been having 'contractions' since 2am (now 4.30) last around 30 seconds and coming every 10-15 mins, pretty painful and I'm struggling to even remember how to do my hypno breathing during them :dohh:

Congratulations Operation! & good luck Mushy can't believe you are 4cm already.

Hope something happens for you ladies and that there will be more babies in the thread.

Ugh I've been contracting all day and still nothing, and of course now every thing has stopped....I'm so sick of getting my hopes up only to be disappointed again and again. I'm just not going to look into it anymore :(

Hope they pick back up for you lily. I know how irritating it all is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->