January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

My Dh says he's done and I agree sometimes then the feeling hits me! Having 4 is pretty crazy at times I feel like I have to do crowd control when we go out!😂 I want to get my course done then we go to Florida in October.. I plan to see how I feel after that!! I'm 36 so times not on my side!!

3 is no problem Lucy u should def go for another!4 is fun donna.. to be honest the eldest two are far more trouble than the smallest!!

Embeth - that's awesome about your course. I was just wondering when you manage to do any fitness with 4 kids and then realised your always doing fitness with 4 kids lol. Do you manage any specific work outs? I struggle as dh doesnt reslly like looking after the kids when Seren is still so young and i find it hard to work out at home as one of my kids usually needs me just after the warm up. Any tips would be appreciated.
I'm reslly keen for some study too thought I'm not sure yet. Maybe nutrition or photography or jewellery. I need a change of direction work wise.

I'm like Bev. I will always be broody but 2 is enough for me. I do sometimes feel like I'm missing a baby (but I had a few losses too). As great as my husband us he does tend to let me do everything regarding kids and housework. I'm not sure I have the energy for 3. I don't want another baby yet I still feel there's another around. I can't explain it.

My husband is the same although improves from time to time after I've had a good moan at him!

My husband is the same although improves from time to time after I've had a good moan at him!

Same here. Or like yesterday I say look after the kids I'm going to the toilet on my own
Then just as I'm in there I hear him go outside so I have to rush out as fast as I can!!

Typical! I feel like mine always chooses the easy option and looks after whichever kid is behaving better at the time!

Spud.. I try and do a couple of runs a weeks.. only a few miles and also a a cardio workout a couple of times at home.. again only 30 minutes, maybe u could do a work out DVD while your littlest one sleeps? kneMy Dh can be very lazy with the house etc if I don't nag but he is quite good at taking the kids..he goes to the gym before work 3x a week and my argument is I have just as much right to keep fit as he does! It must be hard for u if your hubby isn't great at doing his share with the kids, I don't think I could have managed 4 on my own plus he works from home which makes things easier. Xx

I know what you mean about feeling like there's a baby missing Spud. I haven't had any losses but I still feel like there's one hanging around me. I know I'll end up having another but the thought of doing it all over does panic me! also I'm pretty sure my DH would be happy to stop at 2 so I'll be the one driving it which adds more pressure on. Plus I find the first trimester so hard with being sick. Embeth that sounds like a good plan waiting till after Florida to see how you feel. Are you going to Disneyland again ?

So I'm going back to study in February... I got into a bachelor of Midwifery 😱 I can't believe I got in. I'm so nervous! I'm going to just do 2 subjects (full time is 4) first semester and see how I go. I haven't studied in 10 years so I'll be a bit rusty. It's a 3 year full time course so I'm guessing I'll finish in 5 years minimum...hope I stick to it!

It's crazy how babies develop differently! Reading about babies just standing and taking a few steps and i look over at Hadleigh and see her grab the remote and literally RUNNING away with it! Its impressive to see a small 8 month old walking....but i tell ya its so stressful too...even still! She may have been an early walker but she doeant talk much at all! Just basic mama dada and maybe just once or twice a day!

That's great news Lucy! Good luck :)

James doesn't say much either

Amazing Lucy!im a little jealous, have thought about doing midwifery so many times but always worry about the shifts and doing a whole other degree, when do u start? Please let me know how u find it! Well done for getting on the course!

Yeah we going to Disneyworld again in October.. I'm a little Disney crazy!😬

Isabelle doesn't say many actual words mama dada and occasional other words.. our dog walked over to her yesterday he's called buzz so she pointed and said ba! She likes to babble constantly no sense to it tho!

I'll let you know how the course goes embeth. I'm so nervous! even just doing 2 subjects is so scary! I start the end of February and the semester goes for 10 weeks then exams. when does your course start?

Heather i still can't believe Hadleigh walked at 8 months!

How's your ankle Donna?

Exciting tho! My course starts today!!i received my. Information email to access the online study do once the kids are in bed later I'll be hitting the books!💪😉 what will u do about childcare when you start??

Good luck embeth!

I wish Hadleigh babbled! Its so cute to hear....but she really doesnt do much talking at all! She can either get what she wants by herself or points or landon understands what she needs without talking!

That's so cute her brother understands! Isabelle does seem to think she's having a full on conversation with you it's all just random sounds, v sweet tho. She has a fake laugh and cough at the moment she likes to do to make everyone laugh!

Awww babies trying to talk and copy is so cute 😍

I'm going to keep the babysitter I had last year (she's a nursing student!) as my hours are a bit all over the place. I'm only going into university on Mondays and Fridays if I stick to just doing 2 subjects and they're not full days. My DS starts preschool this year (YAY!!) so hopefully I'll be able to get some study in while Annabel sleeps and he's in preschool. He's only there 3 days and 3 hours at a time so it's not much. I don't start placement until the end of next year so that feels ages away!

Yay for hitting the books embeth!! How did it go?

That's so exciting Lucy. Just two days at uni isn't bad at all.. Theres part of me that would still love to do midwifery. The studying was a nightmare! The firr evening all week Isabelle hasn't woken and they hadn't activated my account online as they should so I couldn't do any!

I think I may need to think about stopping breastfeeding in the near future.. she just wants it all the time at the moment.. all day all evening driving me crazy. I want to get to a year so at the end of the month I may think about what is best. It's so great not having to worry about putting on weight tho.. once I stop I'll have to start eating less!!

I stopped breastfeeding about 2 weeks ago. I wasn't entirely ready but the pill ready reduced my supply so it just kind of happened. I always feel so sad the week after I stop, I guess it's the change in hormones? I'm still a bit sad about it but also love giving her a bottle and leaving her to it!

Did u just stop altogether? I can never just cut down and have to go cold turkey.. Isabelle's going to go crazy tho.. she loves it. How was annabel with stopping? Xx

With my DS I had to go cold turkey as he just wouldn't take milk any other way but with Annabel she finally take a bottle a few months ago so I gradually weaned over about a month. When I cut way back she also stopped co sleeping (her choice!) so it was a big change for me. She all of a sudden grew up! 😢 I seriously don't know where the last few months have gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->