January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Lucy, it did stop after 5 minutes :/ and I haven't felt baby move since then, so knowing me and how I am, I will probably be freaked out until I do feel bean move again.

Have fun on your honeymoon Frustrated :D

Lock...I've had some pretty bad cramping and period type pains a few times. Sometimes drinking a lot of water and lying on my left side helps. It definitely helps ease the nerves when bubs moves again. At my appnt yesterday baby was fine and I'm sure yours is too. :) Hope the cramping doesn't come back. Can't wait for everyone to reach V-day so we can breathe a little easier.

Have a great trip Frustrated!

I just found the baby's heartbeat on my Doppler I got it back of my cousin today so just tried took me a little while but defo heard it x could hear baby moving around to x

Lockandkey I have been having round ligament pain and Braxton hicks lately. Some of my bh are quite painful and have been in my other pregnancies as well. Hopefully that's all it was :hugs:

Frustrated hope your honeymoon is fabulous!!! :)

Donna so lovely to find baby. I keep thinking I should buy a Doppler but then I'll feel a little flutter or kick and talk myself out of it thinking I will feel baby all the time soon :wacko: should have bought it early on or three pregnancies ago when I first wanted one :dohh:

I wouldn't worry about being only 18+5 at the scan Frustrated, here they schedule us between 18 and 20 weeks.
Nice plan for the honeymoon! Any activities you are planning to do in Montreal? That's where I live hehe.

Hey Danna, any tips on things to do?! My step-children are 13, 16 and 19 so we will be trying to keep them busy. So far I have the La Ronde Theme Park, the Biome, the Zoo (mainly for my son and the 13 year old...), a bike tour (assuming we can find a company that allows toddlers and has the necessary equipment), a ghost walk, Juliet et Chocolate (hot chocolate always scores highly), an American Football game, a speed boat tour (perhaps not for me or Joshua!), possibly white water rafting (again, not me or Joshua), some shopping etc etc on the list. We are also planning an overnight trip to Quebec City.

I have also contacted Clinique Ovo to try to arrange an ultrasound. My eldest step-son was born with a congenital heart defect and had open heart surgery at just 9 weeks old (and a number of times subsequently). My consultant therefore wants me to have a fairly detailed check of the heart when I have my 20 week scan, but he said this would be best done between 21 and 22 weeks and that 18-19 weeks was a bit early given our situation. Am just waiting for the clinic to confirm if they can do it. I hope so.

Any tips on good places to go for maternity wear? I love A Pea in the Pod in the US, but I don't think they cover Canada. Am hoping to find something similar :)

Frustrated, that's all lovely activities! Juliette et Chocolat, mmmmm ;P
If it's very hot when you are here, I'd suggest the Jean Drapeau's Beach, close to La Ronde. The Saute-Mouton is always a winner for teens (and not-so-teen-anymore, haha), and if you want to try dining on a sight-seeing ship, the Bateau-Mouche is the most popular. In the old port there's a very popular haunted-house, Peur Dépôt. Don't go the the maze right next to it with the teens though, it's very childish. There's a Zipline in the same area too, if you're into that sort of thing, haha. Downtown there's Laser Quest, popular witth teen boys, open 'till very late.
You should try some special food too! There's Poutineville for our iconic Quebec's Poutine, The Milsa for all-you-can-eat Bresilian meat (boys like that, and there's a dancing show between 20-21h), Pastaga or Apollo Concept for higher gastronomy (they are well known Chefs here, book in advance).

There's ton to do in Quebec City as well, just walking around the old city is pretty nice. You could book an historical tour on foot, and if you like history like I do, there's the island Grosse-île that you can visit. There's the ruins of an old fort under the Promenade of Chateau Frontenac which can be nice (and cool on a hot day), and many street shows :)

Danna, thank you so much for taking the time to give us so many suggestions! It really is much appreciated :). We are all getting very excited about the trip and I booked a hotel for one night in Quebec earlier today for Monday 17th Aug so we will definitely be going there (let's hope that unlike some parts of Europe tourist attractions are not closed on a Monday...).

Heard bubs heartbeat yesterday at my midwife appointment it was soo amazing he had the hiccups lol poor little man :p get to make an appointment for my 20 week scan anytime between 18 to 20 weeks so super excited bout that!

You're welcome! Hope you have a good time :) I doubt things will be closed on a monday in the middle of summer. Oh and a last note, "merci" and "s'il vous plait" will get you lots of smiles from French speakers here ;P

You're welcome! Hope you have a good time :) I doubt things will be closed on a monday in the middle of summer. Oh and a last note, "merci" and "s'il vous plait" will get you lots of smiles from French speakers here ;P

I think the French speakers will get a lot more than that from my husband... He is pretty fluent and loves to practice on anyone he can!

Frustrated hope you're able to get in for that ultrasound. Will it be a fetal echocardiogram? I'm having one at 20 weeks because when they did my angel baby's autopsy they discovered he had teratology of fallot. Had he lived he would have needed open heart surgery right after he was born.

Your vacay in Montreal sounds wonderful. I've been twice and loved it.

Oh no Heather! Have you tried eating licorice and dried fruit (apricots, prunes etc)? Always works for me! Not sure if you drink coffee but that's a sure way to get things moving for me too ;)

I think the French speakers will get a lot more than that from my husband... He is pretty fluent and loves to practice on anyone he can!

Awesome! :D

Feel better soon Heather :( that sounds awful.

I've borrowed my friends Doppler so DH got to hear baby's heartbeat tonight for the first time :cloud9: I've also been feeling more 'bubbles' today so must be baby moving.

you must be very uncomfortable heather, so sorry!!

I have my follow up private sonogram on saturday and then meet my new ob on tuesday. i'm so excited to see the baby, and we are taking all 7 kids!

Hope you feel better soon Heather

19 more days until gender scan, and I am officially now in maternity jeans as my pre pregnancy pairs were cutting into me.

I also had to have DH buy me new bras, I chose soft cups that will expand, and underwire free. I settled on some cheap ones. I know boobs growing in pregnancy is completely normal, but this is my 3rd pregnancy, and an entirely new experience for me, in my last 2 pregnancies I was able to wear my normal bras without a problem up until the birth when I switched to nursing bras.

I had a bad emotional day yesterday, just feeling miserable, which made me feel 10 times worse because my kids had to see it. After DH got home I asked him if he could take over so I could have a break. DD then came into my bedroom and said she had drawn me a picture to cheer me up, then I started balling. Pregnancy hormones are such a curse sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->