January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

When i was newly pregnant, i was hungry all the time! But after a few weeks that let up and I've had a pretty normal appetite so far and have gained 4-5 lbs.

I was instructed to come to my next scan with a full bladder. Not looking forward to that :-/

Hello all and congrats!!!

I am due January 14th, hoping for a girl. I am almost 18 weeks and have my first prenatal appointment on September 2nd. I went to the ER at 12 weeks for spotting and had an ultrasound, but just got set up with an OB this morning. Yes, I know it's a bit late for getting into a doctor, but the doc's office wasn't too concerned this morning and tried to schedule me for 5 weeks out. I requested the earliest possible, but 3 1/2 weeks was the best they could do. I'm 32, a military wife, and have two older sons that are almost 15 and 16 years old... yup, baby #3 was a complete surprise. I have been with my husband/best friend so long that I can't remember ever being without him, lol. I live in a small town in Michigan and went to college for 5 years for the medical field. After all that college time and student loans, I was working at an endocrinologists office and later at an ER. The hours were so demanding, 17 hour shifts and getting called in last minute constantly (thank you to the medical field being constantly understaffed) that I had to make a career change with the demands of family life. Life became very hectic/demanding when my husband was injured overseas. With his neck surgery and a few years of physical therapy, the slower pace was necessary. So to have a more flexible schedule I am now a real estate agent. Not a very busy job for my small town surrounding area, but I am enjoying the slower pace for a bit.

Definitely excited for this new adventure of a baby! I loved it when my boys were young, but I was also a very young wife and mother, so I think the experience will be quite a bit different this time around. Not better or worse, just completely different. Just purchased my first baby item last night and have yet to start turning my craft room into a nursery, so I have a long to-do list in a short period of time.

Great to meet you all and looking forward to hearing your stories and to relate to others going through similar experiences :)

Morning girls I keep waking up with such a sore neck and back think I need a new mattress lol

I stil don't have much appetite I don't feel sick as much any more just stil of loads of foods I feel huge tho I was all bump in my last two pregnancys I don't feel like I am this time but have been told I am
I'm terrified of getting even fatter x
Can't believe I'm 19 weeks on Thursday 13 days till my scan x

Welcome army wife x

Morning all..

I braved the scales this morning and have put on another couple of pounds!hoping my appetite isn't like yesterday's...! It's odd as other than the last day or so I have noticed this time round I have eaten a lot less than with my boys.. I literally could not stop eating with my last bub.. Went from around 8st 9 to 9&1/2 stone at 12 weeks!!!crazy!

I was told full bladder with my gender scans but with the first she couldn't get baby to move into the right position and told me to empty my bladder.. Don't really think it's necessary this far along and is so uncomfortable!

Hope everyone's ok.. 3 weeks left until 20 wk scan for me can't wait to get to that half way point!!!

I have been told the fill bladder is to check placenta and cervix, after it's not necessary, that's why some places let you empty your bladder after a short while :)

Welcome Army Wife! Will you get a scan on your next appointment?

Welding army wife!

At my last appointment I had lost 3lbs, but I've got plenty to spare! I'm not sure where I'm at now and won't know until later this month. Hopefully it's down more!

Heather my scan is the same day as yours! Of course I already know we're having a boy but just praying that he's totally healthy. Despite my anterior placenta I've started feeling him kick, so that's made me very happy.

I think I have put on about 5 lbs. so far?

I was told to stay plenty hydrated before my scan but that I can empty my bladder as often as I need to - phew.

Edited to add that while I was typing that message Thomas kicked me 4 times!!!

Welcome army wife!

I've got out my Doppler this morning as I'm starting to get concerned about the lack of movements I'm feeling. When I occasionally do feel them they are so light I question if it's the baby! I found a nice heart beat quickly so that was a relief. Just under 2 weeks till my scan, so keen to see the baby and hear all is ok. Think I'm just having one of those days- everything seems too hard!!

How's everyone feeling in terms of energy levels? I'm still waiting for that energy I remember having last time.... Hurry up!!

I've only found his heartbeat twice with my Doppler I have no idea why j can't find it I found it all the time with my last son I feel him move but not loads .. I just hope he's ok in there x

Welcome Armywife!

has anyone else notices that Frustrated hasn't been on in some time? I hope everything's ok.

Yuck I have so much to do! Go grocery shopping, vacuum, scrub 3 toilets, mop floors, dust, fold laundry, and right now I want to do NONE! I wish I had enough money for a maid

I think Frustrated was off on a honeymoon. Could be wrong :wacko:

I've had no change in my energy levels at all! Maybe because I have a office job so I'm just sat down all day, but feel same as I did pre pregnancy.

Edit: At risk of sounding a stalker i just checked her profile and it says she logged on yesterday so she's probably just reading and not posting.

Energy? Hasnt returned since I got pregnant with landon! Im still taking naps when landon naps in the afternoon!

Me too! As soon as he's down I am too! He's just woke up...too soon! I'm hoping he goes back to sleep but it's not looking likely. I think I was imagining being all bouncy and full of life in the second Tri 😆 wish you ladies had more energy but I must say it makes me feel better knowing we're all the same. Anyone already panicking about newborn sleep deprivation already?

My energy level is on the low side of normal I think. But OH has been doing all the cleaning and cooking since week 5-6 so I'm spoiled :'P

In the last couple days I've been feeling little popping movements but I wasn't sure, today I felt it a lot! It makes me so happy, especially since I don't own a doppler so have had nothing to reassure myself :') I'm so in love, I almost don't think about it being a girl or a boy anymore, it's my perfect baby!

Also I decided to take next week off, so it will help get to my scan date much faster! Vacations always go by so fast hehe.

I've bought a body/maternity pillow this weekend and I still very well with it; it's like being able to snuggle with OH without feeling too hot after 5 minutes haha. Only problem is detangling myself from it in the middle of the night when I go pee.

Welcome Armywife! Are your boys excited about being big brothers? :-D

My energy levels are on the low side of normal too. I do get tired early in the evening and go to bed early. The past couple nights i haven't been sleeping well, i may have to get myself a body pillow.

I've been feeling really fatigued and I'm having headaches. I have had anemia in pregnancy before and it's exactly how I felt, so I'm starting on blood builders as soon as I can get them. I'm sure within a week I will have tons of energy.

I've felt my sweet guy move a few more times lately than usual. so very much in love with this little man :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->