January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Welcome ArmyWife!

As of my last appt I had only gained 4lbs. Freaked me out a bit as gained it all in about 3 wks. Was so sick first tri I didn't gain any and lost a bit.

Tired most of the time but have had insomnia the last month or so. Kiddos have been sleeping in so it hasn't been terrible. That might change though since school starts next week so no more sleeping in for us :wacko:

I am a tad worried, midwife didn't seemed bothered... But at prenatal today she spent a good ten minutes trying to find heartbeat and couldn't! She said she heard echoes and placenta sounds so it's ok... She said I might have a tilted uterus, but never heard any other ob or midwife mention that... Didn't have any troubles finding heartbeat with DS. Thanks god my scan is Monday morning! I can feel some movement from LO so probably fine.

If you can feel movement then it should be fine, little monkey was just hiding from the midwife.

I think my bump is trying to pop! Was having cramps earlier on the right side all the way up the curve of my bump - not sharp, just dull and stretchy.

I just found his heartbeat straight away I put the Doppler on and there he was nice and strong just below my belly button! So exciting can't wait for my scan and proper kicks!
I fell asleep earlier and I've been so tired I keep having bad dreams and not being able to get back to sleep tho x

Heather, I'm the same way, the only thing that has saved me in those early days is having baby right beside me for the first few months, all I do is whip out some boob, roll onto my side, and baby eats while I go back to sleep :thumbup:

Heather, me too. The sleep deprivation is the hardest part of being a mummy. I'm not someone who can just slap on a bit of concealer and off I go! I look awful when I'm tired (red eyes, my skin is so disgusting..) but I'm also not a very nice person! How to get through it with a toddler to look after as well worries me. I've booked him into an occasional care program 9-12 which he can go to up to 5 days a week! So I figure I'll be there right at 9 to drop him off and quickly get home and hopefully sleep with the baby. Lock - I ended up doing the same thing having baby next to me and whipping out a boob in the night when needed. We have a queen size futon bed in the nursery so that worked out perfectly as its a hard mattress and it meant I had it to myself and DH got some sleep in our room. It wasn't exactly romantic but we were in survival mode! Think I'll do the same this time unless I get one of those mystical good sleeping babies!!

This is my first baby so I have no experience but I was apparently one of those mythical good sleeping babies so I figure karma owes me the same for being so easy on my parents! ;-)

My last son is a good sleeper always has been he woke in the night don't get me wrong but only twice from newborn and had his milk and went straight back to sleep he's never had to be cuddled to sleep and self settled from early he has been sleeping thru since about 9 months I think .
my first son was an ok sleeper at first but got horrific he slept with me for a while and had a dummy ,
Chad has never had a dummy he wouldn't take one and think that's why he slept so well x

Morning all!

I am too dreading the sleep or lack of it! Uv never had a good sleeper.. My last little boy had colic for the first few months!!! Nightmare!! Was up for hours on end with him screaming, praying we don't get that again. I am another one that just gets the boob out and lays on my side while baby sleeps ;)

Embeth, I agree with you on the full bladder point, really don't think it's needed at this stage of pregnancy. The NHS scans insist on it but the private ones don't. Odd. I've been to both with a completely empty bladder and it was fine.

Heather, I'm so jealous of your weight gain!! I just saw my obgyn yesterday and he told me off for having put on so much weight over the last month :blush: I HAVE been incredibly bad so I only have myself to blame. It was a good kick up the arse as I'm resolute to eating healthily now. I have no MS to blame so there's really no excuse for me!

Chad had colic reflux and a cows milk allergy and a toungue tie was so hard lol! X he's grown out the allergy within foods and can eat anything but still can't drink cows milk on its own. He had his toungue tie cut when he was a few weeks old was horrible poor boy. x

I think Frustrated was off on a honeymoon. Could be wrong :wacko:

I've had no change in my energy levels at all! Maybe because I have a office job so I'm just sat down all day, but feel same as I did pre pregnancy.

Edit: At risk of sounding a stalker i just checked her profile and it says she logged on yesterday so she's probably just reading and not posting.

Haha, yes am on honeymoon! Don't really have much of a chance to log on and can only read a few pages at a time so am way behind! Will update the front page as and when I can and will be back home in just under 6 weeks time! Congrats to the newbies and to anyone who has found out gender recently. Your comments re weight gain really made me chuckle... I have put on a whopping 25lbs thus far (19 weeks)! 16lbs seems nothing in comparison :blush:

Hope you're having a fab time frustrated!

Let's all keep in contact after out babies are here and get each other through the sleep deprivation stage. I remember 4 months being the hardest. He went through a sleep regression plus I think it was the acclimation of 4 months of not enough sleep. It was tough!

On a happy note, I woke up to my lil one hicupping! So cute! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->