January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

I sure hope 3 to 4 is not too bad.. Quite scared about having 4 children!particularly when May comes and we do a 9 hour flight with two children a toddler and a baby!

Hope everyone has a good day.. Off to take the kids into London for the day with my mum and meet my sister for lunch xx

I found 1-2 quite difficult but only in the sense that Chad had colic reflux milk allergy and a toungue tie so it was a difficult time but on the other hand he was and always has been a great sleeper . He self settled right from the get go and has never been one for needing cuddled to sleep.
CJ has just turned two when Chad was born it's lovely watching them together now . They fight lol but have a great bond.
CJ is so laid back and easy going Chad is a terror into everything lol.

They will be almost 4 & 2 when baby is born and yeh CJ will be in nursery and will move up to school September next year and Chad will start nursery April nexy year so I'm hoping I manage ok I am scared tho x

Hi ladies. Just checking in. I am on holiday this week and forgot to say, so as I haven't been on much just wanted to check in and say all is good. :)

I found 0-1 hardest too as suffered really bad depression after. Then as soon as I adapted to never getting anytime to myself it was easy after him...

People always say to me "How do you cope with so many?" Answer "I never expect to get anytime to myself ALL day, That way then if I do get 5 min peace I appreciate it ALOT!" Xx

Lesh, that has been for me the hardest part of becoming a mother. I get excited when I get to go to the grocery store alone! I'm getting more used to it everyday, but sometimes I still struggle.

As for diapers I used pampers sensitive in the beginning. Thru had the regular ones at the hospital and his bum got a major rash. The rash never fully went away so I made the decision to switch to 7th generation touch of cotton and unless he eats too many oranges he rarely has a rash now. They are expensive, but worth not having to use gobs of but cream every diaper change and seeing his poor bright red bum.

Thanks Lucy, Heather and Mushy. I will try to look for swaddlers in Size 5 when we next go to the grocery store and see if they are any better. I fear I'm going to have to dump the two packets we have already bought. Should have brought more over with me from the UK, but I assumed we could get the exact same ones here. We also use baby dry at nighttime and when travelling. Just as well as he's currently been in bed nearly 14 hours! Am leaving him to sleep as he didn't get any naps yesterday and won't today either as we are off to a theme park :)

Heather - I've noticed you have your boy name sorted! I love Joshua! I'd have it too but our last name starts with J so sounds a bit funny.

Embeth - have fun in London. It's my fav city :) funny, I had a dream last night that I went to London and told everyone how it's my fav place! Haha. I haven't been to the UK in 8 years!

I'm the same Lesh and Mushy with having time to myself. I went to Target by myself last night. So fun! Mind you it means I spend too much as I have time to look at things!

Frustrated- We use swaddlers as long as we can but once lo's are very active they gap at the back. Once poo.starts escaping up the back we switch to night time huggies pull ups for day and night. They absorb like a diaper, the 2t size fits baby in size 5 or 6 diapers and the elastic at the back keeps everything in. Only huggies for pull ups though the pampers diapers are great but their pull ups are not (leaky).

Frustrated, could you please update my info on the first page as team pink please whenever you get the chance. :thumbup:

I've found it gets easier as they get older. They come with new challenges of course. Right now my routine is DS takes a nap around 1-3pm, and I also send DD upstairs to her room for what I call "quiet time," she can play with her toys, or take a nap, but I get 2 hrs to myself. Right now I'm doing everything on my own, I don't have family or friends that live nearby, so daily quiet time has helped me keep my sanity.

DD also goes back to school September, so that will help. Also, the beauty in having 2 is I don't constantly have a child up my rear like I did when I had 1. They play together a lot, which allows me to get done whatever I need to do. They are always right beside me, but not constantly bugging me because they easily occupy the other.

We are having name issues too Heather. I was set on Violet for a mn, but DH told me the other day he HATED it, so I had to change it.

Lock, that's what happened with my DH last time, he all of a sudden said he HATED the name we had so had to change it. I'm too scared to talk to him about names with this one yet as in worried I'll get the same reaction with the one I really want. I go over it in my mind at night as to how I'll bring it up and the positives to the name I'm liking. Can't believe how opinionated he is with names but I guess I'm the same so that's fair.

Heather, when is your scan?

mushy- i agree completely! If i wasn't in pain with every nurse session I would keep going. of course she is getting so old now, she isn't nursing a lot. twice a day and not at all at night anymore. and today she chose a bottle of kool aid to fall asleep to instead of her boob boob. I think she is starting to wean herself the rest of the way. it's kind of sad, but I knew it was coming. and the pain is enough for me to be ok with it. plus, the thought of tandem nursing with a newborn is not appealing to me. since they nurse so frequently.

can't wait to hear some more genders!!!

frustrated- we use luvs always. not as expensive as pampers and huggies, but work very well. we use the pampers that the hospital provides at birth, but then switch to luvs after. we tried huggies once, but one of my kids broke out so bad his butt was bleeding :( never went back to that. I'm sure that's not that common, and he must have had an allergic reaction or something. we used to use cloth also, but after using them on 4 kids I realized I was over it and got rid of them. they held better than any disposable imo.

we're set on cruz for little man
I like it but it doesn't 100 percent feel the name I want like it did with the other two I think it goes nice with CJ & Chad tho. I'm feeling more movements it's normally once my kids are in bed and I'm relaxing lol x

I'm definitely feeling more as well donna! It's so nice too, finally! :happydance:

Not too far away heather! Good on your for waiting so long to find out boy or girl. Good thing is it will be super obvious either way! Mine is August 24, finally feels like it's approaching.

I'm feeling more movement today too! Such a relief. And I feel like my belly has popped a bit more. Can't believe I'm almost half way!!

I've been feeling kicks too - really happy because I have an anterior placenta and thought I might have to wait a while. :happydance:

I also have a bigger bump than I expected which makes me happy too.

17 week bump pic. Definitely feeling pregnant today!
bumpie_week_17.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"