January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Awww Heather 💖 you can and should be honest here! Of course you're allowed to want a girl!! men don't get it, and say the most insensitive things sometimes. My DH started chanting 'come on willy!' During the scan I had at 17 weeks - not sure if he was trying to be funny? It wasn't. Anyway, don't worry about what your DH said. The waiting time before the scan is such an anxious time and you'll feel at ease when you know the gender. How many days away is it?

You are definitely allowed to be 100% honest to us! If not I have no idea where I would vent or be able to day without judgment that I'm still not 100% okay with having a boy, but I know that there is no way I won't love him. I don't think anyone on here that has desire for a girl, but is having a boy will love their boy less than they would of he was a girl. As mothers, it's our natural instinct to love our babies, and I doubt any of you would be on here if you didn't already love your baby since the moment you knew they were in there.

But yeah, men are insensitive, and don't understand these kinds of feelings.

It does suck, I am more bugged by the fact that I have a preference, and it matters than actually having another boy. And it's not like I'm not having any more, I plan to have 2 more after this, if not more!

I haven't even told most people I'm having another boy as I don't want any one being upset or saying, "oh, maybe next time!" Or any of those types of comments because I think it'll make me feel worse.

aww Hun bless you ur defo allowed to vent on here
Here is me gna be a momma of 3 boys and I feel guilty to say I cried my eyes out when they said he was a boy and I mean I sobbed and sobbed
It's not that I don't want another boy or I won't love him just that I wanted a girl so badly ..
I'm stil sad and when I hear others having girls makes me slightly sad & even pang of jealously I really think we're done and dusted now & I've had all the comments aww that's a shame another boy that's not good is it
That gets on my nerves even more than anything
I'm happy he's a boy now and I think now we've got a name etc it's more real the bond my boys have is amazing and I can't wait to give them another brother doesn't mean somewhere deep down I stil wish I was having a girl
He's healthy as far as I no tho and I no I'm a great mom to boys and I'll be the only princess in this house I'm sure they will look after me great as they grow up and love each other so much x

Fingers crossed you get a girl Hun Ino how much it means x

I spoke to someone yday and they asked if I were pregnant and what I was having I said another boy she was like oh no really . Then said I thought u wasn't having anymore j said we wasn't it was a surprise she said aww a girl would of made it worth it wouldn't it .
Gets on my nerves like my boy isn't worth it I no they mean well and don't mean to hurt my feelings but surely they should think before they speak if I new a woman with all the same sex I'd assume she might be a little sad and not say anything out of line x

Awww Heather :hugs: people can be so awful when it comes to voicing their opinion on gender, My MIL has only Grandsons so I'm really suprised she's not said 'let's hope this one is a girl' - I don't get on with my SIL I hate her and we don't see them at all, nothing would give me more pleasure than having a girl as I know how much she desperately wanted one, but if I voice the fact I want a girl I will just get a pity party when it pops out :blue:

I don't mention (apart from on here) that I'd like a girl, and if I ever have I always make sure I say I think it's a boy anyway.

How easier would it be if WE could choose the gender...

:hugs: to all the ladies dealing with gender disappointment or still waiting.

Donna, I can't believe someone said that 'it would have been worth it' if your surprise baby was a girl!! People just don't think!

Have you got a bump pic, Heather? Post one if you do!

Speaking of having more babies or not what's everyone's thoughts on that? I thought we'd have 4 (maybe 5?!) but now I'm having another c section I think it's recommended that 3 sections are the max. I'm thinking I'll wait and see what they say when they open me up this time and how my uterus is holding up. I've read some people can have as many as they want (within reason of course!) and others are told
it's best to stop at 2 or 3. I know I'll want 3, it's just weather that's it or I can safely have a 4th.

I was done after two had no desire to have anymore even tho I had two boys j didn't want a girl I wasn't bothered Chad was a boy I was glad he was going to be a brother for CJ .
Then we had this surprise after I found out It was a boy I was like we will have another but now imback to being done again obv I'm just Ment to be a mama of boys and to be honest I just want to watch the boys growing up now I'm done having babies I've been pregnant every year since 2011 my body has had enough lol ino u can never say never but I'm pretty certain we are defo done at the 3 x

Ino Lucy it's not on at all x

Donna, that's so awful that someone said that about your precious boy! As if he's worth less just because of his gender! Awful!

Heather- I'm sorry you are going through a hard time :hugs: feel free to rant all you like.

Donna, I am on the same page as you. I was happy with 2, I didn't expect to have any more, which is why I got rid of a lot of DD's clothes after I found out DS was a boy. I thought I was done, but then DH and I decided last Christmas we could handle one more, it was spur of the moment kind of thing, and we just went with it. We are definitely done after 3 though. We will have officially run out of rooms once #3 is born, and DH will be taking permanent measures to make sure we can't have any more.

My MIL is really pushing us to have 4 or more. After DS was born, the first thing she asked was "so when can we expect #3?" She was actually arguing with me on FB about having 4! But nope, we are officially done.

DH and I always wanted 4 but will.probably have to stop at 3 with this little man. I will be having my 4th c-section which was ok'd by my OB. My scar tissue was ok for one more but probably not more. We'll know for sure at this section. First tri was complicated this time so I think it's probably right to stop now for the sake of my body and the children we have. Don't want unnecessary risk of problems. BUT since I always pictured 4kids I'm very sad about it and a little in denial. I know we are blessed and lucky to have the children we have just worried our family won't feel complete.

Can't wait for tomorrow at 11! My scan can't come quick enough!

Today an older gentleman came up to me and asked if I was having twins, but said he was just joking! Hmmm. Doesn't help I've been having nonstop twin dreams :) but I know there's only 1!

It's 100% natural to have a preference I think, doesn't take anything away from how much you ll love the child you get. I was really disappointed with finding out number 3 was a boy but I just love him
So much once they're here it just doesn't Matter anymore. With this one I really really wanted a girl as it's our last but when we made the choice to have a 4th I knew that despite the disappointment of hearing boy I would have loved him just as much as I do the first 3.
Hope everyone who has felt disappointment at gender is ok, Donna I had the exact comments u have had when I was pregnant with number 3 people can be so insensitive and stupid!
Heather and anyone else waiting I really hope u get what you wish for fingers x! Don't feel bad for having a preference it fine and normal xxx

Thanks girls ❤️ I appreciate it . Ino they can be so rude I'm ok tho I defo love him so much Alredi x

There's nothing wrong with having a preference! I think most people have a preference. I'm sorry people's comments are getting you girls down. Sometimes people need to keep their opinions to themselves, especially opinions you didn't ask for!

I'm so happy that I'll have two kiddos. Having grown up in a big family, I was sad that my boy was an only child. I knew when I got divorced that I may never have any more babies. I'm very thankful to have found the man who is now my husband :cloud9: This baby comes after a lot of hoping and praying.

I don't know how many kids we'll have, my husband has expressed a preference for the number 4, and I'm like "let's just keep going till we feel we're done!" But I am open to having less and he's open to having more. Time will tell. I do hope that we can adopt in the future, I've always felt called to do so. I'd love to adopt a sibling group. But I'm a big believer in not up-ending the birth order, so it'll be awhile before we'll be able to do that.

I understand you 100% Heather. A lot of the things you said worry me also, with the difference that OH also wants a girl, and is completly convinced it is a girl, so I'll feel like I failed him if it's a boy (although, biogically speaking, it's his own fault, haha). People are gonna pity me if it's a boy, since I was silly enough to voice my preference for a girl before even getting pregnant.. and the comments I'm going to get from both side of the familly who want a girl... *shudder*. Anyways, it will pass, people will say what they want to say and move on I guess :(

I'm getting very nervous for my scan, I feel sick thinking about it. I know I'll cry a bit, and told OH to give me a couple days to adjust, but we know I'll get over it and love that little boy. If it's a boy he is also taking me in a shopping spree + very very nice restaurant so that will hopefully help.

I just want to know and be over with the "is it/ is it not "and the anouncing it to people, but at the same time I'm dreading to hear the actual words at the scan, it's weird.

Before TTC, I probably said some hurtful things to expectant mothers/TTCing couples too. Like upon hearing that it's a boy/girl, "will you try again for a boy/girl", like they could chose haha... Or asking a married couple when they'd want kids, when I now know so many people are struggling to conceive and keeping it to themselves. It wasn't mean, just ignorant. I know I'm so much more careful now; you just don't get it until you experience it I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->