JANUARY TESTERS!! Come get your newyears BFP!! 27 BFPs SO FAR!!

Hi all!
Almost got a + opk this afternoon! We have been :sex: every other day since af finished. We were going to try and do shettles as we would love a little pink girly one next to be a lil sister for our two boys but I'm worried if we stop bfing now we will miss the eggy! I think I just want to be preggy and have a healthy baby another boy would be amazing! so the shettles thing is going out the window lol! I'm due to Ov on Sunday but think it may happen in the next two days. Anyone else due to Ov soon? X

We're trying the shettles for a girl aswell but I'm exactly like you! Scared to miss the egg and I'd rather just be pregnant and not too bothered about whether it's a boy or girl. There's been people that say shettles doesn't work but there's also people that tried it and it did work, so it's hard to get a definite answer on that! :( And I'm sure there are people that BD close to O and still got a girl anyway... I'm not sure if I believe it but figured it was worth a try anyway.

We're having some problems at the moment, with hubby not being able to get the :spermy: in there :S Think he's thinking about having to get them in there too much! So I told him to relax and just enjoy it without thinking about it. Luckily we're still early enough anyway, cause I'm not due to O until the 8th. But Countdown to pregnancy calculator said to BD from the 1st till the 5th, which I extended to the 6th (just to give us an extra chance of catching the eggy).

As a mother of two girls, I had sex on ov day both times :flower:

Hi all!
Almost got a + opk this afternoon! We have been :sex: every other day since af finished. We were going to try and do shettles as we would love a little pink girly one next to be a lil sister for our two boys but I'm worried if we stop bfing now we will miss the eggy! I think I just want to be preggy and have a healthy baby another boy would be amazing! so the shettles thing is going out the window lol! I'm due to Ov on Sunday but think it may happen in the next two days. Anyone else due to Ov soon? X

I've heard that Shettles has been debunked anyway... he was wrong about the different shapes of sperm, it really has to do with their stage and not their gender. Good luck getting your girl!!! (I'll take a boy this time :winkwink:)

I have heard the same thing. We are trying for a little girly too (although i would be MORE THEN HAPPY with another little boy!) We just went for making sure PH was low and making sure DH sperm count was low (frequent release)

As a mother of two girls, I had sex on ov day both times :flower:

I'm not sure when I conceived my son cause we were actively trying that time aswell and just BDing as much as possible :p We BDed every other day upto 2 days before O and then on O day and the day after. So technically I could've conceived any time, but I'd say O day would be more likely. But you never know.
I guess it's all a guessing game anyway. We'll see what happens :p haha

I'd be more than happy with either a boy or a girl......still waiting for my first sticky bean

^that lol, I would rather have a boy and then a girl, but really I just want a baby. Does it look like I've ovd to you guys? Temp spiked up, I think it looks promising. Unfortunately we did not bd yesterday. :(

We're trying the shettles for a girl aswell but I'm exactly like you! Scared to miss the egg and I'd rather just be pregnant and not too bothered about whether it's a boy or girl. There's been people that say shettles doesn't work but there's also people that tried it and it did work, so it's hard to get a definite answer on that! :( And I'm sure there are people that BD close to O and still got a girl anyway... I'm not sure if I believe it but figured it was worth a try anyway.
We're trying Shettles too, but for a boy. DH is an identical twin. We've had one girl and his twin had three girls first and then a boy, so that's kind of like the same man giving birth to four girls in a row and then a boy. We figure that we're likely to have a girl if we do nothing, so it can't hurt to try.

(To be clear, I would LOVE to have another little girl. I'd just like to even our odds of having a boy.)

I'd really like to hear more about this 1995 study that supposedly debunked Shettles. When I read through the reviews on Amazon.com, roughly 86% of those who said that they actually tried the method say they got the gender they wanted. Only 14% say that they tried it and got the opposite sex. Amazon.com certainly isn't a scientific study. I just wonder why, if the method is sex-selection quackery, there are not more people reporting back that it does not work.

But, my Mayo Clinic pregnancy guide (which I'm liking) also says that ovulation timing sex selection doesn't work, so I do take the dissenting opinions seriously.

My review of Shettles' book can be found here.

Well af started light yesterday and was in full force this morning. :( Oh well onto the next cycle Gl ladies on your :bfp: 's! :dust: to everyone!

I ovulated on christmas day I think. We BD ever other day so fingers crossed. I'm 8dpo and I keep getting twinges in my tummy. I also have got a heavy attack of mind fog haha. Usually by boobs are sore by now for the run up to AF but they aren't this is my first month TTC so fingers crossed :D

I have everything crossed for you and hope you get your BFP. The new year has to ne kind to someone :) Lol x

Retook a test this morning and its negative,,

Oh how sad. ;(

Im sorry, that sucks! I wasn't trying to get you down with my comment about those tests yesterday, but I remember what it felt like when that same thing happened to me with them. I thought mine was a definate BFP and almost passed out until I used another test and it was BFN:( I still use them because they are so cheap, but back them up with another brand if something appears. It is the worst feeling ever...I understand!

hi ladies, thank u for your support, i did another first response test a few hours ago and got my :bfp: its still faint but no mistaking there are two pink lines, im on :cloud9: it doesnt feel real. i dont have any symptoms so was sure it wasnt my mth, my bbs are def bigger today but its been xmas so iv put on a few lbs. the only weird thing that happened that was on 5-6dpo my bb were massive all day n a very small drop of breast milk leaked out (havent bf for over2yrs) so bit strange. af was due 5th. my partner is at work now so iv had to keep the news to myself, im hoping to keep quiet until the 5th while were away n surprise him by doing the test together, bit cheeky i no but i dont tell him how aerly i test lol. :dust: to every one, and heres praying my bean sticks xxx

Congrats vic...have any pics? we love those BFP pics!!

hi ladies, thank u for your support, i did another first response test a few hours ago and got my :bfp: its still faint but no mistaking there are two pink lines, im on :cloud9: it doesnt feel real. i dont have any symptoms so was sure it wasnt my mth, my bbs are def bigger today but its been xmas so iv put on a few lbs. the only weird thing that happened that was on 5-6dpo my bb were massive all day n a very small drop of breast milk leaked out (havent bf for over2yrs) so bit strange. af was due 5th. my partner is at work now so iv had to keep the news to myself, im hoping to keep quiet until the 5th while were away n surprise him by doing the test together, bit cheeky i no but i dont tell him how aerly i test lol. :dust: to every one, and heres praying my bean sticks xxx

Congrats!! Hope you have a healthy 9 months!

Congrats Vic!!!

afm- looks like I actually o'd 4 days later than I thought. ff still wants to say that I am 9dpo, but 2 other charting sites say I o'd on cd17 instead. So.... guess I am only 4dpo :( So can we please change my testing date to Jan. 12th when af is due? I know I will test earlier, but that is when af is due :) Thanks!

Good luck to RavenRose and Ninifay! Hopefully you will get the BFP soon!

CONGRATS to Vic!!! Good for you!!!

I'm still waiting to ovulate. Woke up this morning and found I hadn't ovulated as I'd expected. Which means my ovulation is officially "late" (I'm on CD17) again. Which means I didn't regulate after coming off of bcp as soon as I'd hoped. Damn.

Congrats vic...have any pics? we love those BFP pics!!

sorry cant up load pic at the mo, camera quality isnt good enough to capture the faint lines (im still sure its there tho!) :wacko: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->