JANUARY TESTERS!! Come get your newyears BFP!! 27 BFPs SO FAR!!

How can i only be 5 dpo! this TWW is taking forever! Congrats on the new Bfp's ladies. :flower:

Actually the .88 First Signal test has the same official sensitivity as FRER...25miu, and I have heard from alot of ladies on BnB that they got their BFP earlier than FRER with it. People have detected as low as 10miu with it, but the company that makes them will only officially say it is 25miu. whereas FRER have detected as low as 12miu (but will only officially list it as 25miu) . I do know that the First Signal ovulation tests are WAY more sensitive than any other ovulation test out there, so it wouldn't surprise me if the HPTs are too. So, I guess the sensitivity doesn't really matter as it all depends on what tests work best for you, because everyone seems to be different when it comes to hpt/opks. I have heard the most positive things all over the net about the $ tree tests though!

I guess this also answers your last question as well...
This never ceases to intrigue me. On 9DPO I tested on both a FRER and the First Signal 88 cent test with the same urine. I got very faint positive on the FRER and the First Signal was stark white. I did this again on 12DPO (with the same urine) and still got a stark white First Signal. My FRERs were getting darker by the day. On 13DPO the First Signal finally came up faint positive.
I had read that First Signal was 25mIU but I didn't think it was working that well for me. What intrigues me is how different tests work different for everyone. I'm so tempted to go buy one of every test available and experiment! :haha:

Congrats to the new BFPs!!

Thanks girl just want AF to show now so I can move onto my next cycle. This will be my 3rd chemical now so I'm not testing early again in fact I'm going to wait till AF is at least a week late. This is just heartbreaking and I can't help thinking if I'd not been testing I may not have known and just thought I'd had af :cry: x

So sorry you have to go through this.. BIG :hugs:
Take care dearie

Girls I've just done an opk and it's really possitive!!!! So all those test I thought were possible :bfp:s can't have been! I'm so unbelievably confused I'm now thinking what I have been thinking are af pains are actually Ov pains and I am now at the beginning of my tww! Is this actually happening I'm freaking out? Here's my opk pic!
I'm watching another one develop before my eyes!

Attachments

• C16C12F2-92D2-44B8-A02E-9070E8255817-1025-000000DF8020BCF4_zps5621a850.jpg
    C16C12F2-92D2-44B8-A02E-9070E8255817-1025-000000DF8020BCF4_zps5621a850.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 7
Girls I've just done an opk and it's really possitive!!!! So all those test I thought were possible :bfp:s can't have been! I'm so unbelievably confused I'm now thinking what I have been thinking are af pains are actually Ov pains and I am now at the beginning of my tww! Is this actually happening I'm freaking out? Here's my opk pic!
I'm watching another one develop before my eyes!

Def positive OPK! Strange. Get BD'ing anyway!

Noo I can't even begin to tell you how massively confusing and strange I'm finding this! We have :sex:d every other day since the 8th so hopefully that is enough! I'm finding it hard to believe I'm at the beginning of my TWW when I thought it was just finishing!
I've been googling and lots of ladies have said they get faint positives on tests around the time they ovulate? I'm not sure why I'm still reading lol! I feel a bit of a fraud now :blush: I honestly thought my tests where getting darker :) x

congrats to all the BFPS
now here is a question i have .. so my AF just ended it started on the 10th (usually lasts 5 days) but it stayed 2 more days .. now my one chart (which i dont have on here) says my fertile day starts on the 19th which is this saturday.. is that possible to start your O week 3 days after AF leaves?

Yeah mommaCC i was just thinking that before i went to bed, that i had pretty bad cramping at one point, around 6 weeks, but some might get it earlier, when i was pregnant with lucas. It was bad enough for me to ring my doctor to make sure evrything was ok. He said it was normal, just stretching etc.....
So not necessarily something to worry about!

Haileysmommy, if you implant later your hcg levels would probably be lower yes, but it all depends on how fast your body doubles and what your normal, non-pregnant levels are.... i'm just wondering now whether it'a a good thing or not that they do beta's over there....they don't do them here in the uk unless you're bleeding or high risk pregnancy or something like that. On 1 hand it would be nice to know everything is progressong nicely, but on the other hand, if you don't know what they are you don't have to (possibly unnecessarily)worry about them. Hope everything is gonna be alright for you! Oh and to answer the question about the pregnancy test showing bfp, elt1013 seems to have answered that one for you! Good luck :hugs:

Ok, afm... it's 4am here, i woke up with really bad bowel crmps. Thought they were af cramps at first! And so i was awake so i thought i'd check on you girls on my phone! I had bowel cramps like these when i was pregnant with lucas, not this early i think, but i had them about two nights ago aswell, so maybe possibly a sign? As i went to the toilet i noticed my nipples were slightly sore when i brushed against them accidentally. I've noticed i've become more positive about possibly being pregnant the past 2 days or so....so i'm just gonna keep testing and keeping everything crossed!

They don't really do betas here unless bleeding or high risk either, but I am considered high risk because of my recent mc. That's the only reason I requested having it done, so that I would know early if it wasn't looking good, instead of having my hopes up for weeks only to be crushed again.

Really hoping your symptoms are the start of something!! FX!

congrats to all the BFPS
now here is a question i have .. so my AF just ended it started on the 10th (usually lasts 5 days) but it stayed 2 more days .. now my one chart (which i dont have on here) says my fertile day starts on the 19th which is this saturday.. is that possible to start your O week 3 days after AF leaves?

I normally O CD18-21 which I considered quite late. I'd use OPK to be sure to catch the right time.

Noo I can't even begin to tell you how massively confusing and strange I'm finding this! We have :sex:d every other day since the 8th so hopefully that is enough! I'm finding it hard to believe I'm at the beginning of my TWW when I thought it was just finishing!
I've been googling and lots of ladies have said they get faint positives on tests around the time they ovulate? I'm not sure why I'm still reading lol! I feel a bit of a fraud now :blush: I honestly thought my tests where getting darker :) x

I've read on some threads that the OPK can also be used as a pregnancy test...search for that topic!

I've never heard of that before; how strange! Good that you got a + on an OPK though; go and DTD and make a baby!

Why are AF symptoms so similar to pregnancy symptoms?! It's SO irritating! I'm getting fed up with this TWW now. I just want to know NOW so I can go drink a massive glass of wine! :lol:

@MommaCC. I was thinking the same thing about +OPK. I have also heard that it can be a early BFP indicator.

Hi ladies. Found the strength to face my fears after a miscarriage and d&c. Just thought i would pop in to say congratulations to all the ladies who have gotten their BFP's. So many and its only the 17th wow. What a lucky month for so many ladies <3

@MommaCC. I was thinking the same thing about +OPK. I have also heard that it can be a early BFP indicator.

hi, i dont wish to cause any further upset, i really feel for u mommacc, what ever happened u belived there was bfp then it was taken away:nope: a friend of mine who was ttc was using the opk tests every day as she had long cycles n rare periods, one week they stayed positive all week, then she did a hpt clearblue n it said 3+weeks. so they can show positive for pregnancy too. again so sorry :hugs:

Why are AF symptoms so similar to pregnancy symptoms?! It's SO irritating! I'm getting fed up with this TWW now. I just want to know NOW so I can go drink a massive glass of wine! :lol:

I can't agree more!! My cervix dropped today, so I'm scared maybe I am gonna get AF. I've still got the 'sore' boobs, it kind of feels like pressure... hard to explain... Had them tingling a little earlier (like you said yesterday).
And I agree about the drink aswell!! Would love a nice cold wkd now!!

Fingers crossed we both get our bfp this month! Have you had any (more) symptoms??

I can't agree more!! My cervix dropped today, so I'm scared maybe I am gonna get AF. I've still got the 'sore' boobs, it kind of feels like pressure... hard to explain... Had them tingling a little earlier (like you said yesterday).
And I agree about the drink aswell!! Would love a nice cold wkd now!!

Fingers crossed we both get our bfp this month! Have you had any (more) symptoms??

My boobs were sore just after ovulation but then went normalish again, then yesterday they were fizzy like when BF and the milk lets down, today I'm getting sharp pains like someone is stabbing a needle in my nipples! nipples are leaking a clear fluid. Eww. Feeling very nauseous tonight though more likely because I'm really hungry and ASDA are late delivering my shopping which has my tea in it! bloated and gassy (normal for AF) and got generalised backache (not normal for AF, its normally lower) and cramps but not as strong as AF. Temp still up, CP has moved from mid to high again and now gone a bit firmer but still open. Random. I never know where its meant to be other than high and soft and open for fertile!

I know it's supposed to go low and open (and I'm guessing soft) for AF. And have heard it goes high and closed (not sure on firm or soft) if you're pregnant, though they do say it is different for everyone when that happens. For some people that happens after conception and others it doesn't happen until they are several weeks along in their pregnancy. So it's not really a good indicator I guess.....

I've got some lower back 'cramps' like I get when I get AF and like I had when I was in labour (only felt contractions in my back).
And some weird pinchy feelings in my lower stomach, uterus area....

Well, I don't know.... it's all a waiting game as always!!! FX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"