January weddings

Baby Bell

Reaction score
So my boyfriend has told me that he is going to propose by the end of year (cue excited squeal:haha:)! Anyway we've started looking at venues (I want to start saving etc, I want to married before next baby and I don't want my babies to be that far apart) and a really nice hotel in our area is doing a package for January 2015, practically everything for £2015 and they have Saturdays left! Anyway, I was really excited initially but then realised it would be an expensive time for people to attend........would you consider a January wedding? Would you go to a January wedding?
Please help!

I'd love to go to a January wedding! It is such a drab dreary month with nothing happening after Christmas that a wedding would give me something to look forward to. Plus with that amount of notice people would have plenty of time to save and budget for it.

We picked February 1st for that reason, gives people a payday after Christmas

Yes I would! You could always make it clear that you don't expect gifts if you think money will be a problem. That's what we did and I felt much better about people having to travel so far when they didn't feel obliged to bring us anything.

It's not just the gift that costs money. It's the cost of new outfits, the cost of drinks, cost of transport etc

What about the 31st? Everyone would have been paid by then.

Thanks ladies, I am considering the 31st and they have that sat free too:thumbup:
They also offer an enchanted evening reception for £1000-£1500 during the winter months, which sounds good also. So much to think about.
I really should wait until oh proposes:haha: but can't help myself.....it's his fault really for telling me:haha:

Im getting married january 31st! I decided to just go with the fact that its in winter and am doing a wintery theme.and im actually getting prettt excited for it :p our colors are royal blue white and silver and i think itll end up being quite nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->