Jehovah's Witnesses

suzanne108

Reaction score
Just had a couple of lovely old ladies at the door, they didn't preach or linger and I have nothing against what they believe in (just to make that clear :D)

But....it got me thinking....why are they allowed to knock on peoples doors and talk about their beliefs?

You don't find other religions doing it - or do you? :shrug:

I don't like random people knocking on the door - especially in my PJs at 11am with a sleeping baby :rofl: they saw me through the window though so couldn't ignore them!

part of their belief is to spread the word of God. To do this, they belive they have to take their message to the people. Therefore, knocking on peoples doors to talk about their faith is part of their mission of spreading the word.

A Christian lady came round before Easter to 'spread the word' so I guess other religions do it too?

i dont see y people dislike them so much. my mum swears at them if they come to the door :shock:

they can spread the word without knocking on peoples doors though!

I hate anyone knocking on my door without good reason!

They are really rude around my area aswell if you answer they dont take no for an answer and keep you standing there for ages! It's so rude

I wouldn't be rude and swear at them. Be polite and assertive

I have always found if you are polite with them then they tend to be polite with me. I usually explain that I go to church and I believe what I believe and they are usually happy with that, not forceful or anything :)

I had a JW turn up on my doorstep about 6 months after Taylor died banging on about religion and i only ended up getting rid of her last January.

One time my OH let her and a friend as he thought it was a MW coming to see me when i was pregnant with Katie :dohh:

I felt awful but she was starting to really grate on me, she wanted me to recite some psalm on the doorstep and this was enuf and i told her i was going back to my old Church and it would be best if she didnt call again.

Best thing was i saw her in the New Year and asked her if she had a good Christmas :dohh:

V xxx

In my opinion i think its really annoying when they knock on your door! i hate it when anyone knocks on my door for a reason im not interested in lol

i think they should not spread the word by going door to door theres otherways of doing it and i think if we want to know info we will come go to them!

they way some of them doing it is not "spreading the word" its more like "we will try everything to force you into our relgion"

i never answer the door to them usually but the other day i did because by the time i realised who they were i was already turning the handle to open the door... luckly this little one man just gave me a magazine and said please read this thanks very much good bye lol so i was ok about it :)

I worked with a girl who was JW, she explained that part of their religion is to 'recruit' people I think? At least that's the impression that I got from her. Part of the way they can be sure to get into Heaven is if they have "fellowshipped" enough? I might have mistook what she was saying though.

She did say though that they are told not to be pushy, and if people say "no" then the person fellowshipping should thank them for their time and be off. If you are finding that they are being too pushy, you could always contact their local branch and complain?

We have a "No Solicitors" sign up so they don't come to our door. Well, them and other people selling stuff. :hugs:

get a Blood donors sticker and put it on your front door. That should keep them away ;)

mormons do it too they have missionarys that go round and do door to door stuff,

some JW came here on sunday morning i was on the phone at the door having a fag lol, think that gave them the right impression from the off, but i wouldnt be rude to them cus its normally little old ladies innit, though some get really shouty if you dont agree the best thing is you can just shut your door if you want ha x

They always tell me "the end is nigh"

Yeah like I am going to listen after you have just told me im doomed lol no thanks.

I hate anyone turning up unexpected let alone strangers x

I had two come round a few days after Beau died saying, 'We have some great news for you about Jesus'. I just shut the door, I couldn't even be doing with being polite and telling them I wasn't interested. Also why do they always have to come round at the most inconvienient times?:wacko:

i live right next to one of there halls :dohh: used to see them like every day grr lol although no one has knocked since i got my dog and the sign in the window saying beware of the german sheperd lol :haha: then again even my posties poops his pants if he has a parcel to deliver he knocks and then runs onto the park till i come to the door and promise the dog is locked away :haha:

I find it rude that they come to my door telling me this 20 year old lady on a book cover is 350 years old. Then try and give me the book and then them asking me for a donation.

Sales people do it. So do charity workers, and they ask you for your bank details :shrug: And I have seen plenty of Christians standing on the high street with a Bible and/or placard preaching to passers-by, which is as "bad" if not worse IMO. One of these (and I hesitate to use the word Christian here) was a known paedophile and did most of his preaching near the school at break times.... surely THAT should be illegal?!!!

Some of my rellies are JWs... I have no problem with it, I've never seen them be pushy about their beliefs, they don't ask for money unless they are leaving literature with you (which you can say you don't want) and if the person makes it very clear they are not interested, they make a note against that address: "do not call".

If you don't want them calling round, tell them you are gay, or dis-fellowshipped. They won't bother you again :thumbup:

some relatives of mine are witnesses too and they tried to make me go with them once when i stayed with them even though im not :dohh:
they felt reallt strongly about 'spreading the word' and enjoyed doing it, it was a whole family trip out!
i find the fundamentals of it a bit wierd though, they all believe firmly in recruiting as many others aspossible yet the faith states that only 144,000 witnesses will be allowed into heaven, i always mean to ask how that works!!!

I think Mormons do too. I want a Johovah's Witness to come to my door...I want to know why they kicked Michael Jackson out of their church back in the 80's. In the Thriller video, he has the very beginning stating he does not believe in the 'occult'. He wrote that because of the church...and they kicked him out anyways! I want some answers...please. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->