Jehovah's Witnesses

I kind of miss the family that used to come by my parents' house- I wonder what happened to them. Haven't seen them for several years anyway.

omg the Romani Gypsies are THE worse. Once when I was preg with amelie i was walking to the bus stop in town and one of them came right up to me and shoved a piece of heather wrapped up in tin foil and said I had touched it so it's bound to me and I need to pay for it or my baby would be doomed :( Not very nice.

omg! that is an awful thing to say to a pregnant woman, glad we never get those around where i live!
As for JW i really have nothing against them i think nothing wrong with anyone having different beliefs,the world would be a very boring place if everyone believed or liked/disliked the same things,but i have to say don't really like how they think that it is ok to just knock at someones door and preach to them as someone said earlier if you wanted to find out more than you could go to them,but think that also goes for other people knocking at your door such as mormins,christians,or salesmen even,but i would never be rude to them i just politly say i am not interested and 90% of the time they just say fair enough give you a booklet and walk away:)

when i lived alone they would stand and try to talk for ages, if jai answers the door they just give him a leaflet and walk off :laugh2:

When I was at university a young man who wasn't a JW but something else forced his way into my flat and was preaching at me. He had a church badge and everything, he really scared me though and I did struggle to get him out. Worst thing was I came home from a lecture the next day to find he had done the same with a flatmate. We bad to threaten him with the police in the end. I don't open my door to anyone anymore because of that!

I used to be a Jehovas Witness (mum was one) and I have a lot of issues with the faith as a whole which i wont go into incase I offend. I don't really like the door to door thing and I personally wont welcome them into my home if they've come solely to preach as I know all about the church already - they still visit my mum unannounced regularly. My stepdads sister said they came to her house on Christmas Day which IMO opinion is incredibly disrespectful. I just don't really get it to be honest when there's things like the internet people can just find out about the faith for themselves. It seems so outdated to go around with Watchtowers and Awakes when the faith is barely a secret anymore. :shrug:

I just always felt like they only wanted to come and tell me about impending doom within the world!?

Also to the above poster, it may have been a morman? They have pretty much forced entry to my home before!

Their is 2 Jehovah's witnesses that i always see walking around talking to people here, i think their american. Its a free country and they can do what they like, but i often see them hounding old people, following them when they say no and i think that is so wrong, its intimidation and i dont like that one bit.

I always open the door to Jehovahs Witnesses...

However i do nip in at the beginning that I am infact Muslim and i wont be changing my beliefs whatsoever, but they are very much entitled to tell me about there faith as i find it extremely interesting anyway!

Id never be rude to them and i once was stood with a couple for almost 45 mins discussing the similarities between our faiths [pre-Aymen days when i had 45 mins to spare :lol:]...

If there mission is to spread the word, then let them get on with it i say and if your not interested in what they have to say then i suggest politely putting that across to them.
Im sure they get rejected from doors all the time, so they must be quite thick-skinned anyway!

Ok, it's taken me 2 days to read this entire thread lol

I class myself as agnostic but am swayed toward Buddhist and Hindu philosophies, possibly because they're not necessarily religions but an outlook on life. I believed in evolution but now am wondering about the 'gaps' and think there's much more to it!

I often see people knocking on doors round here but never at mine. It's a shame as I'd like to have a chat with them. I always stop and talk to the Mormons and am never let down. We speak about differing beliefs respectfully and they are so knowledgeable about their faith.

I'd like to say thank you to everyone on this thread, particularly shananboc, madasa and tattiesmum for the interesting posts :flower:

I always open the door to Jehovahs Witnesses...

However i do nip in at the beginning that I am infact Muslim and i wont be changing my beliefs whatsoever, but they are very much entitled to tell me about there faith as i find it extremely interesting anyway!

Id never be rude to them and i once was stood with a couple for almost 45 mins discussing the similarities between our faiths [pre-Aymen days when i had 45 mins to spare :lol:]...

If there mission is to spread the word, then let them get on with it i say and if your not interested in what they have to say then i suggest politely putting that across to them.
Im sure they get rejected from doors all the time, so they must be quite thick-skinned anyway!

have you noticed once you tell them your a muslim they dont try to force their opinions on you as much? my first sons dad is muslim and whn i used ot answer our door they were reakky pushy with me but when he answered the door he used to say ill listen but im a muslim and have no interest in changing my beliefs they just agreed gave him a boooklet and left :-/

^ I always tell them I am Catholic and they don't put any pressure on me either, they just talk and give me their Awake or Watchtower booklet and things like that.

is it true that jehovas witnesses won't have a blood transfusion if they need one?,i was told this years ago but don't know if it is true and just wondered if it was :shrug:

I just take the booklet, say thankyou and close the door.
I'm more bothered by door to door salesmen i find them quite aggressive.
I once had a christian man, who is albiet rather insane and previously known as "cowboy man" chase me into Oasis screaming that OH was not for me and i should'nt DTD with him... :rofl:
& a massive, scary man who believe in killing noisy neighbours sat next to me on the bus.

is it true that jehovas witnesses won't have a blood transfusion if they need one?,i was told this years ago but don't know if it is true and just wondered if it was :shrug:

yeah its true, they beleive it affects their blood lines (cant spell the proper word and spell checker cant even rocognise my spellings lol).

If they have one or accept it for their child they can be disfellowshiped, they can and will use non-blood products to increase their blood such as heartmans etc, but cant accept blood products (im guessing although not 100% that it would apply to organs too), but if its a choice of life and death they often choose to die in full fellowship.

Anyone who knocks on my door preaching automatically pisses me off. I don't have a problem with anyones religion but I find it rude for them to try and impose their views on you, especially those who take no for an answer. They are entitled to their beliefs and I am entitled to mine. If I see anyone who I think will be wasting my time, I just don't answer.

yeah its true, they beleive it affects their blood lines (cant spell the proper word and spell checker cant even rocognise my spellings lol).

If they have one or accept it for their child they can be disfellowshiped, they can and will use non-blood products to increase their blood such as heartmans etc, but cant accept blood products (im guessing although not 100% that it would apply to organs too), but if its a choice of life and death they often choose to die in full fellowship.

omg! sorry don't want to affend anyone ,so if a loved one needed a blood transfusion or even a organ donation and it was a matter of life or death,and they had to decide for them they would let them die,can't believe anyone could do that and put there beliefs before a life:shrug:

I also tell them I am Catholic and really not interested , I have never once encountered any rudeness or persuasion . They say thank you and move on. My husband just shuts the door on them :nope: which I said is very rude but he could careless . I am not rude and when people are nice to me I am nice also. They are trying to recruit people it is a part of being a JW, sometimes I see whole families doing it. I don't have any problem with anyone as long as they are not rude. I feel they have every right to ring peoples doorbells just like the people inside have every right not to answer, I just don't see a problem with it..JMO :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->