Jennifurball's that was it! (warning, gruesome! lol) - *UPDATED first post (+ pics)*

Congrats Jen!!!

She is a stunner, dont worry about formula feeding, Im planning on formula feeding for medical reasons. Sorry you have a rough time in labour, but hey it just goes to show what a tough cookie you are:thumbup:

Again congrats :hugs: xxx

Just took this pic of her holding daddy's hand. :kiss:

Attachments

• fingers.jpg
    fingers.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 12
Congrats Jen! Your the same as me I was in hospital 2 nights due to blood loss and since ive got home I've put him on formula, he couldnt latch and I was up solid for two nights exhausted, that coupled with the loss of blood left me an emotional wreck so I dont feel bad for the decision! I had forceps and episiotomy too so feel your pain :( definitely all worth it though arnt they! Shes beautiful! : )

Xxx

I lost a lot of blood too, was shaky and traumatized for the day but yes they are so worth it. I still feel sick thinking of what I went through but she is amazing! :kiss:

I am feeling less bad giving her formula, I would rather upset a few hospital staff than witness my baby screaming for food for one more night. :(

I actually cried before looking at her feeling guilt for letting her starve and also for worrying I won't love her enough, I was just scared and emotional, I love her soooo much, she is so snuggly, she is so happy cuddled up on me. I constantly type one handed now lol.

xxx

Can't put pics up yet cos I'm on my phone and have to be kept in overnight cos she had meconium in her water. Basically I did it all with zero pain relief, not by choice. Woke up in AGONY at 1.50, went to hospital about 4ish and my waters broke in triage and I was pushing! They said I was fully dilated and tough luck about ANY pain relief. In the end I BEGGED for forceps, it was horrible, truly horrible but I just couldn't push hard enough, I was pushing for over 2 hours, and had her at 7.35am, she weighed 7lb 10oz and she is stunning, I can't wait to share pics. Seriously though, and I mean this, I am NEVER going through that again. Sorry for all the caps but it really was the worst experience of my life and I am only just coming to now. I feel in shock with what I had to go through. They didn't even let me have gas and air but offered it for the stitches, I declined, I had gone through enough. Honestly girls, don't delay in going to hospital if you are crying with pain like me, I threw up out of my bedroom window lol. The tens machine didn't even have time to work so it was truly traumatic.

UPDATE!!

Well we only got home last night, was horrendous, I got really emotional because I thought I was getting depression and getting tearful, just wanted to get home then told twice I could go, then I couldn't, so only got home after 7pm last night.

She is a total doll, very cuddly and clingy though bless her. Feeding isn't too bad although I am combining at the moment because she doesn't latch long before falling asleep then ends up screaming with hunger. She loves her cuddles though. :)

Although I had a pretty quick labour, I had no pain relief at all because I just woke up in agony, there was no build up. I tried my tens machine but there wasn't enough time for it to become effective. I was home 2 hours in agony before I went to hospital. In so much pain I cried and was sick but still convinced they would send me back home.

I hid in the toilets in triage cos there was another girl there and felt I was being overdramatic and showing myself up, then I had a massive urge to push, my waters went everywhere, I was screaming in agony, came back out and told them I am pushing, the midwives were practically laughing at me like I was playing up, but then they got me on the bed, examined me and said sorry too late for pain relief, you are fully dilated and ready to push.

As I had been in pain from before 2, this was like 5am now and I was so tired from the pain so when it came to pushing, I was feeling weak and let myself down really, although her head was about half and inch from coming out but she still wasn't round the bend and I just couldn't do it although the doctor came in and said she can see her going down, I was just begging for help and she was saying you still need to push even with the instruments, I was so fed up by then I just said do it, and begged for forceps. I was pushing for over 2 hours and it was so important I got her out but I just couldn't do it unassisted. :(

So she cut me and got to work, it hurt a million times more but it was the only way to get her out. I felt her head stuck between my legs for ages before my next contraction and it felt so weird but knew there wasn't long, so I gave a few more pushes and got her body out, the relief I felt I can not explain, I was sooooooooooo glad it was over but felt traumatised so I didn't get the rush of OMG and I didn't cry or anything, but they put her straight on me and I could not believe how tiny she looked. She is stunning.

Took ages to be stitched up and it wasn't nice but I had her in my arms to distract me. I am getting all the rushes of love now I am home and relaxed with her. I didn't enjoy staying in and got treated like shite for wanting bottles (even a visitor from the bay across gave me the evils when he saw me with a bottle and said "SHE'S bottle feeding") - how I never kicked off with him I do not know.

She is happy at home now anyway. I am still trying to bf but got her some formula in, she has been so much more contented since.

Here is an album I made of her, there is also a video of her enjoying her swing lol, she loves it. https://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy322/jennyburton/Scarlett%20Victoria%20Grace/

It will take a while to get over what I have been through, and I know I won't do it again, it was horrible. I was told so many times the pushing was a relief but to me it wasn't, it felt impossible and torture. :(

Congratulations sweetie! She's lovely <3 I was like you, really fast labour and difficult pushing stage. For hours afterwards I was too shattered and upset to enjoy her :( at least you're home now. And I also hid as I thought I was being over dramatic :blush: turns out I was really far along and had the right to scream :blush: xx

Congratulations jen :happydance:
Scarlett is beautiful, seriously impressed with the no pain relief thing, even when they offered you it for stitches! So glad she's finally here in your arms, huge congratulations i'm so pleased for you :hugs::happydance: xx

Congrats!! My LO loves being snuggled too! I am happy Scarlett is here now, she is gorgeous!

Im totally with you on the pushing stage. My contractions started at 7pm Tuesday night and by 3am i was worn out. When it come to pushing i really dont know where i got the energy from. I felt every little pain, twinge, sting etc that i swore i wouldnt do it again. Like you, i had no pain relief.

When her head came out i grabbed the womans arm like a lunatic and started screaming at her, then it took a good 5 minutes for the next contraction before she was born.

If i do it again it will definately be the epidural, as i have never felt pain like it in my life.

Congratulations on her though, i look at my Scarlett now and think she was worth all the pain x

Just been reading back on all of this, it is beautiful looking back on it all. :cloud9:

Thought I would add a pic as she is now!

Attachments

• 531151_433161890071758_1688865325_n.jpg
    531151_433161890071758_1688865325_n.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 15
  • santa.jpg
    santa.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 10
  • santababy.jpg
    santababy.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 9
I don't know if you remember me but Scarlett is soooo cute! Love her wee smile! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->