Jobs....?

I'm a student, doing a BTEC National Diploma in Children's Care, Learning and Development. (it's basically a posh way of saying it's a childcare course) :rofl:

I'll be qualified as a Level 3 Nursery Nurse when I finish next year, but hopefully I'll be pregnant by then, so my lovely OH tells me! :wohoo:
xx

I'm in school for Childhood Education / English right now.... I'll graduate in 2 years and then be getting my Masters (possibly while teaching.. we'll see).

So I'm going to be an elementary school teacher :D I work two part-time jobs right now though - one @ a car dealership and one at an afterschool children's program.

i am a visual manager at a clothing store and am going to school to be a news anchor.

im a receptionist at a gym - and i LOVE it there :) but hopefully soon ill be a student at the nsw police academy :)

Hi! I've just started a job as a shop assistant in a sports shop that does printing and embroidery. My job is mostly to look after the shop floor, take and make orders, working the till, etc but I do help out with the printing when we've got a lot of work on!

I'd guess that my maternity entitlments will be rubbish compared with what's available in some places- just what I'm basically entitled to by law- but it's understandable as it's a small independent business that doesn't normally have women on staff (I'm the only one!).

Beca :wave:

I'm a nursing assistant on a Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit.

Does what it says on the tin, I'm an assistant to the nurses that work on my unit. I take bloods, blood pressures, urine/drug screens, assist with meds rounds, take clients out on approved leave etc etc.

As my unit is a PICU, it's a very demanding job with a high risk of violence against staff, as such we have training in approved prevention and management of violence and aggression techniques, immediate life support (defib, breathing tubes etc) etc etc. I'm currently applying to university to be a Mental Health Nurse.

I love my job no matter what happens, but the bruises are a pain in the ass to cover up all the time :dohh:

I work for Renault and do a mix of things, some days im a Service Advisor, but i also manage the customer services department for the dealership, i also act as sales liason so it just depends what hat i have on when i go into work each day :lol:

I have worked in the motor trade for over 5 years now in aftersales as a service advisor, so the itch to work my way around the dealership has kicked in, ideally i want to be the GM within the next few years :)

I'm a full time nanny. Toying with the idea of getting the training to become midwife, possibly doula. I'm looking at going to nursing school, but way down the road, after my children will all be school aged. I'd love to be a SAHM once I have children

I work for Renault and do a mix of things, some days im a Service Advisor, but i also manage the customer services department for the dealership, i also act as sales liason so it just depends what hat i have on when i go into work each day :lol:

I have worked in the motor trade for over 5 years now in aftersales as a service advisor, so the itch to work my way around the dealership has kicked in, ideally i want to be the GM within the next few years :)

Thats 3 of us in the trade then! Haha.

I fancy warranty manager at some point I recon.

Is your GM like your dealer principle?

xx

Oh god, our warranty manager is a total A .. hole, and a creepy letch too so it puts me off doing that :lol:. I dont think i have the patience to sit and try and read through a technicians scrawl all day either :lol: I dont know what yours are like but ours are awful :dohh:

Yeah its kinda like DP, just like the general manager for the particular dealership rather than being the manager for the whole group.

Did you say you work for Lookers? I think they have a Renault somewhere ...

Aw my manager is lovely (but quite old) he looks after me... we all call him grandad!

Yeah we have a few I think. Stockport Renault comes to mind. We also do Renault parts @ our preston trade centre.

Oh I love it well better than parts, I just get to shout at them alot. Haha. They are good for me though. Feminine charm works.

Haha @ mechanics scrawl! Its worse than doctors hand writing. We are going electrical in summer @ some point. Every tech is going to have a handheld terminal & type instead of write. Looking forward to it!!

I dont think I could be a service advisor. Dont like face to face with customers! Haha. They do my head in.

xxx

They do/did my head in aswell but the good ones made up for it, lol lots of nice freebies :lol:

Ooooh going electrical sounds awesome, this company is still in the friggin dark ages, the previous owners didnt plough much money into the business so a lot of our systems are quite old, but the new owners are fab and one of the first things they have done is to arrange a Kerridge uprgrade to Rev8 so in a few weeks ive got to ship my butt off to Hungerford for the course, about bloody time, its taken us 3 years to convince the company to upgrade .. so i reckon by abour 2015 we might take the technicians to electrical form :rofl: :rofl:

Bloody hell no kerrigde & rev8! How the hell do you manage! Lol.

Every dealership I've worked at as has it so I cant imagine life without it really.

See I am still service so I still get a share of the freebies so its win, win! Lol.

xxx

I'm a Lettings Officer for a housing association. I'm also studying for my Masters degree - MSc in Housing Studies.

Aw my manager is lovely (but quite old) he looks after me... we all call him grandad!

Yeah we have a few I think. Stockport Renault comes to mind. We also do Renault parts @ our preston trade centre.

Oh I love it well better than parts, I just get to shout at them alot. Haha. They are good for me though. Feminine charm works.

Haha @ mechanics scrawl! Its worse than doctors hand writing. We are going electrical in summer @ some point. Every tech is going to have a handheld terminal & type instead of write. Looking forward to it!!

I dont think I could be a service advisor. Dont like face to face with customers! Haha. They do my head in.

xxx

Our technicians' writing looks like a chicken has run across the page with ink on its feet :dohh: Luckily we went electrical at the end of last year. The hand-helds are basically just like ipod touch's and they email the staff in which-ever department is needed :thumbup:

The downside to my place is we do not run on kerridge at all :shock: yes, I know, a dealership that doesnt run on kerridge. Madness!! Our company decided it didnt need kerridge and instead built it's own software etc etc. I've never even used kerridge which sucks if I ever wanted to move to a different company (coz they all expect you to know kerridge) :(

What do you all do for a living?

Or for those who are students what are you studing to do?

I am a Warranty Administrator for Volkswagen. I work for a dealership & I claim all the money back for repairs to customers cars. I love my job... its like the technicallity of a mechanic but without the mess & backache! Haha.

xxx

I am a Parts Supervisor at a car dealership :happydance: Love my job too. I mainly deal with trade customers/accounts (the advisors can deal with the retail customers coz they bug me) which I enjoy coz it means I get to know my customers really well and have a laugh with them. We also do the warranty claims in our department so I kinda know what you mean about your job :thumbup: i'm on mat leave at the moment though

I am in the complete opposite situation to you though...I work for Honda but drive a VAG car :haha:

Heyyyy. I worked in Parts for a couple of before I got this job!

I worked at Skoda and then VW here before I went for this job.

Haha. Who owns your dealership? I work for lookers if you have heard of it?

xxx

omg, just noticed I seem to have missed out a few posts on this thread :shock: Only just seen this reply. Please dont think i'm rude, coz i'm not :cry: lol

Yeah i've heard of Lookers. They own/owned a few Honda dealerships (or at least one anyway) and I think there are some around my way :shrug:
I work for the mighty, mighty (*cough, cough*) Pendragon...but I can say no more on the matter coz I dont want to get sacked :rofl: :rofl: When I took the job people who had worked for them before warned me off them, but I thought maybe they were just bitter or something :dohh: :dohh: I was in retail before so thought anything would be better than that. And my job is, just don't necessarily agree with the company. but sshhhhhh :haha:

Haha. Ive not heard many good things about pendragon Ill be honest.

Yeah we own a few hondas up here with have Southport & Warrington. There the ones that come to mind anyways!

Dont be sorry didnt think you were ignorant. I miss replys all the time! Lol.

And again I cant imagine no kerridge. Must of cost them a fortune to develop their own software! And it is handy if you want to chance companys. I found it easy enough to pick up.

I worked in retail too before skoda... Halfords infact! Haha. Oh dear.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->