Join Us and drop a dress size in 2 weeks! [starts Monday 05.01.09]

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Join us for the special K challenge! Although we're starting on Monday the 5th if there's enough interest then we'll start every Monday. :) Anyone is welcome to join, even if you can't purchase special K where you live.

So the aim is to motivate each other, then post up the results. The special K website says that 3/4 people will be successful with the challenge.

https://www.specialk.co.uk/shapemate

What is the special K challenge?

If you’ve indulged a little over the last few months, then why not try the Special K Slimmer Jeans Challenge. It’s still 2 bowls of cereal, 1 for breakfast and the other for lunch OR evening meal, with a third nutritionally balanced meal, everyday for only 2 weeks. First calculate your BMI (Body Mass Index) which is a calculation related to your height and weight. In order to take part in The Challenge your BMI should be 25 or over.

How does it work then?

• You can enjoy up to a 45g serving of any Special K cereal with semi-skimmed milk for breakfast, have another for lunch OR evening meal, with a third nutritionally balanced meal for 2 weeks
  • Why not add fruit to your cereal like sliced banana or a handful of berries to help towards your 5 a day?
  • Snack on fruit, vegetables and Special K bars and Special K Mini Breaks
  • Ensure a regular and adequate intake of alcohol free drinks like water and diluted fruit juices

How Do I calculate my BMI?

You need to know your weight and height, then enter the details here:

https://www.kelloggs.co.uk/whatson/specialk/bmi-calculator/

I live abroad and don't have Special K. Can I still join in?

Yes! Just pick a cereal that is less than two percent fat. :)

Participants

rafwife [size 14/16 hoping to drop to a 14] [starting weight: 188lbs]
amy_tea [starting weight 10st 10]
cherylanne [size 14/16 hoping to drop to a 14]
foxyroxie
Aidan'sMummy
Mamafy
lorrilou [starting weight 10st 8]
Ell.Bishh
Linzi
zarababy1
CamoQueen [starting weight 159.4lbs]
bv82
babe2ooo
mummytoamberx
TashaAndBump
alice&bump
angels330

I'll be starting off as a size 14/16 and hope to get down to a 14 by using the challenge as a starting point. :)

My BMI isn't over 25, else i would have ... Can i join anyway?

Yep, please do! :) I assume having a higher BMI just means your more likely to drop a dress size but I imagine you'd still lose some weight by following it for 2 weeks.

I'll join you on this one. I'm 14/16 BMI 29 and i want to be a size 14 after the 2 weeks is up xxx

Great! I'll update the first post with people taking part :)

Can i join my BMI is 23 so it says the challange isn't for me but i still wana loose abit of my baby weight, so i could try getting down to a BMI of 21
xx

Yep, sure hun! Like I said to amy_tea I'm sure some weight would be lost just not a dress size like they say. :)

btw I am totally going to need lots of motivation. :rofl: I HATE cereal, let alone eating each twice a day everyday for two weeks! I'm going to buy lots of fruit and veg I think to snack on lol.

Just pretend it's a nice big bowl of ice cream

I can't eat speical K without sugar but sugar is not allowed. So i have to be strong lol
xx

could try a little bit of honey instead? :)

Oh... btw.. my BMI is 22.5 but i do not carry excess weight well at all. My legs are like skinny twigs. I hold it all on my hips, it looks totally crap. Plus, i'm getting married in less than 5 weeks!

So yeah, it starts tomoro! Best go buy some special K in the morning then.

Are we going to have a weigh in?

xx

I'm all for losing a dress size in 2 weeks but won't be doing the cereal thing, but I'm still in if thats ok? I'm a 12-14 and want to be 10-12 but will be happy with a size 12 in 2 weeks :yipee:

I lost quite abit a while ago, 50 lbs but 10 has creeped back on :cry: so I am out to lose about 20-24lbs but will aim to get off 8lbs in 2 weeks :D I wonder how many lb's you'd need to lose to lose a dress size?

Anyway raf, add me :D

Will add you Mamafy!

amy_tea I'm happy to do a weigh in. Not everyone has to post their weight if they don't want to though. I'll add my weight to the first post and if anyone else wants to compare their weight now and in two weeks then just post and I'll add it to the first post. :)

Add 144lbs to me, I hope I'm not bigger by tomorrow :dohh:I really need to re-think my whole way of eating this year:hissy: xmas has not been good to me! :grr:

My in laws left today and brought loads of sweets and chocolates into the house :dohh: I don't want to throw them out as I hate waste so I'm going to make OH eat them all lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->