Jon Venables - Identity Exposed - UPDATE PAGE 32 (In the papers again today)

Thats usually how it works there is one strong character leading a weak one.

I think as soon as he re offended any protection should have gone. He isnt a child anymore and needs to face the consequences of his sick actions.

I dont usually condone violence and dont agree with the eye for a eye thing but in his case im sorry but he should have all the things done to him that he did to that poor little boy.

I think the photo of him larking about as an employee of Pizza Hut just sums up our UK justice system nicely.

But why just in this case? Yes it was a horrible and quite unusual case but why was little jamies life worth more than other children who are murdered? Surely all murderers are as bad as eachother?

i understand that there will now be cases of mistaken identity which will be awfull but i also dont think he should be protected.

I dont think they should have been bloody let out in the first place!

exactly! in my oppinion no justice has been served at all :(

:shrug: We're not judges but in the eyes of the law, they have served their sentence. IDK, did you want to see 2 10 year old boys hung or locked away until their 18th birthday and hung?

No i'd have liked to have seen them locked up until the authorities were pretty sure that they would not re-offend. I think they should have been monitored in some sort of half way house for a very very long day. At the end of the day, they commited murder, of a baby. No where did i mention the death penalty, I do not agree with it.

i understand that there will now be cases of mistaken identity which will be awfull but i also dont think he should be protected.

:shrug: We're not judges but in the eyes of the law, they have served their sentence. IDK, did you want to see 2 10 year old boys hung or locked away until their 18th birthday and hung?

i never said i would see him hung, i agreed that he should never had been let out. then there would be no mistaken identity to worry about.

But why just in this case? Yes it was a horrible and quite unusual case but why was little jamies life worth more than other children who are murdered? Surely all murderers are as bad as eachother?

Perhaps because of the such short sentance they recieved, what was it...10 years?

i never said i would see him hung, i agreed that he should never had been let out. then there would be no mistaken identity to worry about.

Exactly...Peter Suttcliff, Ian Brady....theyre all still behind bars, they probably will be til death. Why not these 2 monsters?

No i'd have liked to have seen them locked up until the authorities were pretty sure that they would not re-offend. I think they should have been monitored in some sort of half way house for a very very long day. At the end of the day, they commited murder, of a baby. No where did i mention the death penalty, I do not agree with it.

Well, the authorities can never be 'sure' that they won't and I doubt they'd of released them if they did :shrug: I'm just playing devils advocate here, I didn't mean you personally with the death penalty thing but a lot of people do believe in it. I'm a firm believer that almost everyone (maybe serial killers and mass murderers are the exception) deserves a chance to rehabilitate and i think robert thompson is an example that it can work :shrug: However, i do agree that they need to be watched way closer than they were.

I think the fact that they were 10 changes it for me, to do something that evil and disgusting at such a young age shows how messed up they are.

Well, the authorities can never be 'sure' that they won't and I doubt they'd of released them if they did :shrug: I'm just playing devils advocate here, I didn't mean you personally with the death penalty thing but a lot of people do believe in it. I'm a firm believer that almost everyone (maybe serial killers and mass murderers are the exception) deserves a chance to rehabilitate and i think robert thompson is an example that it can work :shrug: However, i do agree that they need to be watched way closer than they were.

Exactly, if they arent sure, they should never be released imo.

Perhaps because of the such short sentance they recieved, what was it...10 years?

IDK, i dont think thats very short for a 10 year old. Thats the same amount of time as theyve been on earth. Its all relative I guess.

For those two to be under constant probation observation etc, there would need to be a complete overhaul of the justice system. Under no circumstances am I saying what they did was not awful. It was. But we do not lock people up for life in this country. Life means 10-15 years, it is not a whole life sentence.

The reason their identities cannot be released is that by doing so, the government would be condoning vigilante retribution by the back door. They know if it is released then they (and others who have new identities) would be tracked down and killed/ badly assaulted. We don't have that right here because we are a civilised society. Yes their actions, and the actions of those like them, are not civilised but we don't change our actions to those of the lowest common denominator.

I think the fact that they were 10 changes it for me, to do something that evil and disgusting at such a young age shows how messed up they are.

I was 10 too when they killed that poor baby, I knew right from wrong, even at that age I was sickned and cried for that little boy, they didnt just kill him they tortured him

Exactly...Peter Suttcliff, Ian Brady....theyre all still behind bars, they probably will be til death. Why not these 2 monsters?

because they were adults and they murdered several people so would have got sentenced for every person they were found guilty to have killed.

IDK, i dont think thats very short for a 10 year old. Thats the same amount of time as theyve been on earth. Its all relative I guess.

I see what you are saying, but they had t.vs and playstations, not really punishment in my eyes x

Would the difference not be that they are serving sentences for killing multiple people? Also, many of the more high profile murders are actually being held now under the Mental Health Act.

I see what you are saying, but they had t.vs and playstations, not really punishment in my eyes x

well, I agree although i do think prisoners should have access to books and be able to do some sort of 'work' inside prison or they'd all go mad.

Re their sentences for the murder of James Bulger... from chris-uk.org:

"Venables was detained in Vardy House, a small eight-bedded unit at Red Bank secure unit in St. Helens on Merseyside — the same facility where, 25 years prior,Mary Bell had been held for half of her 12-year sentence. These locations were not publicly known until after the boys’ release.

Details of the boys’ lives were recorded twice daily on running sheets and signed by the member of staff who had written them. The records were stored at the units and copied to officials in Whitehall. The boys were taught to lie about their real names and to conceal the crime they had committed which resulted in them being in the units. Venables’ parents regularly visited their son at Red Bank, just as Thompson’s mother did — every three days — at Barton Moss.

The boys received education and rehabilitation; despite initial problems, Venables was said to have eventually made good progress at Red Bank, resulting in him being kept there for the full eight years, despite the facility only being a short-stay remand unit.Thompson was said, by a social worker who observed him for his eight years at Barton Moss, to be well-behaved and intelligent, and to have coped well with his situation, adjusting to life in the secure unit quickly, but never showing any remorse or interest in his crime. By the age of 14, Thompson was taken on outings to the theatre, the Lake District, and shopping centres, where he could spend some of the £60-per-month allowance he received. At the age of 16, he acquired a girlfriend, a fellow inmate who served time in the unit for one year. Venables was taken on trips to Wales, swimming in Wigan, and once to watch a Manchester United football match at Old Trafford. Both boys, however, were reported to suffer posttraumatic stress disorder, and Venables in particular told of experiencing nightmares and flashbacks to the murder"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->