• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

josephine3 - bfp progression pics!

I've a family bbq on Saturday so its gonna be hard to get away with lol.

Just say you're doing Dry July! I'm not a drinker but I have friends who are doing dry July so it's a valid excuse. (Edit: I didn't realise dry July is actually a cancer fundraiser. I don't think my friends are doing that part :haha:)

I also waited til 12 weeks to tell my kids due to past losses (didn't help last time when I lost at 14 weeks though). They were *so* excited. But definitely don't tell kids until you're ready for everyone to know cause if yours are anything like mine they'll be telling everyone they see there's a baby in your tummy :haha:

I’d say you’re DD this year and fake a drink. Idk how health conscious you are or what your drink of choice is but you could bring a bottle of something to “mix” with soda. I’m assuming nobody is gonna ask to taste your rum and Coke or vodka soda. As Sheldon would say, just make yourself a virgin Cuba libre and none are the wiser except you will have to get creative with disposing of the shots. I would avoid saying you feel sick. You’ll get called out fast lol. I also tried the I’m on this medication and was called out/outed with coworkers. The funny thing being I was supposed to start that medication and my doctor did tell me she wanted me dry until the found the right dosage, but I decided against it because I was newly pregnant and I didn’t feel comfortable taking it when I could manage without it. I tell family and friends pretty much as soon as I read positive. I don’t have a good poker face. So I don’t have any great suggestions unless you’re good with close up magic. Oh! Maybe do the Coyote Ugly spit it out trick? If you’re doing shots, pour a chaser. Then when you chase it, just discreetly spit the shot into your chaser instead. Repeat for back to back shots or conveniently set your cup down and lose it. Idk how big the bbq is but if it’s like how my friends bbq then people are gonna be too preoccupied to even notice. But I think you bring a bottle, it could be a good subtle misdirect. Just play it cool if someone asks because I’ve been asked so many times if I was preggo when I was just being introverted lol so mentally prepare your comeback

Accept the drink and get your partner to drink it secretly lol

@DobbyForever what's DD lol?
Some good ideas there but bringing a bottle they would all see the bottle lol would be obvious. There won't be anyone doing shots haha they are not that kind of family :haha: my friends on the other hand.. Lol...
There's 17 of us including kids. I will probly just have a wine and make it last then stick to pop and hope no-one notices. I might take some alcohol free wine and say I bought it for the drivers then when its all on the table no-one will know who's drinking what.
@NDH I've not heard of dry July, I know sober October haha x
I don't know if anyone will outright ask me cos no-one knows we were trying and I think it will be a big shock to everyone. There's family coming from Australia that I only see every few years so I kinda wish I could tell them. It's tempting to say it then they all know at once and its over with lol

hahah sorry my friends and I drink A LOT. DD is designated driver. I know we live in the era of lyft/uber, but it's still pretty common practice for someone to end up as the DD because they have work or just don't feel like getting smashed. So you just say that you lost a bet with DH and you're the DD for the night. If they're like my friends, they'll still expect you to have 1-3 drinks lol so that's where the Virgin Cuba Libre or spit it in the chaser tricks come in handy. Or like PP said, when nobody is looking discreetly pour your drinks into DH's cups. That's good no shots though. A glass of wine is fine according my my ob. I think she techically okays up to one drink per week? I forget. I think I had like 3 drinks total during my pregnancy with DS.

Not to pry but if you have international family coming and this is the only chance to say it in person, what is the hold up on announcing to family? Although depending on the circumstance of the BBQ might not be the place to make an announcement if it's to celebrate someone else.

@DobbyForever I don't drive and neither does oh haha :haha:
Just kind of don't want to announce this early incase something goes wrong, it's just a get together because of the relatives from Australia coming over to the UK x

Beautiful lines! Just be careful you’re getting into hook effect range soon.

that’s fair. For me, I want my friends and family to celebrate the life with me even if it doesn’t go to term. I also need them when I experience a loss. I tried handling my first loss by myself, and I became an alcoholic as a result.

Also @DobbyForever me and my friends are big drinkers but my family not so much. I will probably still have the odd shandy or low alcohol wine a couple of times a week anyway so I don't mind just having one or 2 just need to make them last lol x

Sorry to see you have so many losses @DobbyForever. I've struggled with alcohol on and off too, and do drink routinely quite a lot so it's a big lifestyle change for me to suddenly quit! All my pregnancies tho I've found it fairly easy to quit smoking and drinking - or drastically reduce drinking anyway to very minimal amounts, when it's for such a good reason it's a lot easier to stick to!!

Happy 5 weeks lovely and beautiful lines definitely a dye stealer:rofl: that should put you at ease especially with the shitty green handle ones :shrug: xx

Now that’s a dye stealer! :happydance:
Late response! My oldest kids were pretty hesitant, especially my daughter. The sharing of mommy isn’t overly appealing lol. But they did come around pretty quickly to the idea and they knew right from my bfp cause we are just a really open family like that. Once they started thinking about the gender, the excitement started to set in. Then I surprised them with the gender out of nowhere and it’s been all excitement since then. They played a big part in choosing his name too. We’re all counting down the days now, we couldn’t picture our lives without him on the way

So pretty. March would be a nice time to be full term where you are hey? When you gonna tell the kids?

@MumwithPCOS yeah March is perfect for me, my others birthdays are June and August too so not too close which is great and the weather won't be too hot!
Im not planning on telling them until at least after the first scan x

Beautiful line stealers.
I didnt get 3+ untill 5 weeks with Harley and 5+1 with tommy.
I bet if u done another it would be 3+.
Oh hon i really hope and pray i get dye stealer like yours this cycle, and i get too join you.
Please pray i do hon and we can share our pregnancies together.
So scared its never going to happen for me.
:cry:

Well I just did another digi and it's still saying 2-3 so I'm worried now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->