July 1st anyone else in July2013

Oh Julie--I'm so sorry. The good news is, is that the chances of him having it, are slight, try to focus on that. It's almost August already, and it's good that you'll know the results before you leave. I agree to stay away from Google...I know it's hard, but it'll drive you batty.

beachgal--I'm jealous...although the heartburn is gone, and the SPD is gone, I'm still bleeding...not a lot, but still, lol....I have learned not to care about what anyone thinks about me breastfeeding in public. I don't announce it, but if my baby is hungry, I'm going to feed him. I've done so with 3 kids now. No one has ever said anything to me, and really, I've only seen a few double takes, and mostly from older people. I find myself smiling and nodding at women that breastfeed in public, in case they are feeling uneasy, like a silent high five, lol, hoping it helps them relax some.

I've lost 25 of the 36 pounds that I gained while pregnant. I've been stuck there for a couple of weeks now. :s

LOL the little things! Beachgal you made me laugh. I too have no more heartburn or SPD! Hooray! I can sleep on my stomach again...bliss! and no more leg cramps!
I am barely bleeding now...just old redish brown blood spotting really more than anything.
I have been feeling somewhat "normal" the past few days. I am no longer taking any antibiotics- so happy!
Ethan is still really gassy...poor kid. Does the stinky poos and toots away in his sleep lol
Libby is getting more use to him being around. She wants to hold him and kiss him all the time.
I am getting up about 2 times in the night for feeds and that's it. He sleeps pretty well once his belly is full.
I need to hire an electric pump I reckon as the manual one I own isnt that effective. It is too time consuming when I got to take care of him and Libby plus the general running of the house.
Today I vacuumed the floor...it felt so good to get up all the crumbs...makes such a difference. Now if only I can train DH and Libby to eat without making mess...hahaaa!

Congrats dove on the weight loss! Those last 10lbs are always the worst. I'm starting to do some exercises along with the walking. So I'm hoping that helps with my final 10!
Libbysmum - so glad to hear you are feeling better :). And I totally agree about being able to sleep on your stomach - hooray for pre pregnancy sleeping positions! It really is so nice. Now, if only actual sleep would come back too ;)

I had Emerson's follow up hearing test today. (He was a refer for both ears in the hospital). He passed the right ear, but was a refer again for the left :(
I have to wait for a phone call to schedule the next assessment around 2 months at the hospital. It is a full diagnostic test and results are given then.
Has anyone else been through this?

Did they say maybe he just has fluid on that ear, from birth? It happened with our daughter Piper but she finally passed it before we left the hospital.

After the first initial test in the hospital they said it could be fluid, or wax build up. They said that most babies don't pass the first test and go on to the second test (usually around 2-3 weeks of age).

Because he didn't pass this second test (the nurse said only 10-15% don't pass and have to go onto the 3rd test), we will get a full diagnostic test at the hospital. That test will tell us if there is fluid, wax, problems with the canal, hearing loss, etc... Thankfully I will get the results right away.

I hate the wait for you and Emerson have to go through. I pray it is all cleared up by then and he will pass with flying colors. We want our children healthy and happy. It is hard when you think something could be wrong. Positive vibes your way.

My mom and dad have not yet met little Stone. They were suppose to be here for his birth but my dad had a work accident. He is better, lost his middle finger. Then with my problems with my incision we just couldn't travel. So we are going for the weekend. I can't wait for my family to see him in person.

I can't believe our boys are a month old this week.

How is everyone doing?

Oh goodness, glad your dad is ok! They must be so excited to finally meet Stone!

And yeah, a month - holy crap!!! Where has the time gone??!?!?

Ethan didn't pass the hearing test first off either. I hope Emerson is okay. They may do more conclusive testing on the third test. Hope all goes well for him. Usually it's nothing too serious...the hospital said some kids need grommits or something to clear it up but they usually don't do that until the child is much older around 2 or 3 years of age.

Emily - your status on Facebook today gave me a little laugh! I struggle with a newborn getting out of the house (he always seems to have explosive poop the minute I put him in his car seat and I'm running late for an appt) so I can't imagine adding a 2yr old to the mix!!!! I give you full credit!!!!
:)

I've always hated having to be anywhere at a specific time with a baby...you have to start to prep like an hour and a half prior to the time you have to leave, lol

How much sleep are you ladies averaging a day? (Including naps)

About 6 hours. I would be okay if it was a straight 6 hours.

Ugh I hear ya. I'm finding it hard when it's 30 mins here and there. For the first time I had a 1.5 hour nap in the day. Holy miracle. Otherwise last night it was 2 hours, then increments of 30-45 mins through the night. Lets just say I'm bumping into my fair share of walls like a zombie lol.

I probably get an average of 6 -8 hrs at night which is really good but I don't really get a naptime anymore. Last night was fairly good sleepwise. We got mum to babysit so we could go to a coworkers 30th birthday party. I left some EBM in a bottle and some formula. We got home about 10pm and Ethan had drunk the EBM and half a bottle of Ff. Greedy little thing! He was asleep and didnt wake up until about 12.30 then I fed til about 1.30 and lay him back down to sleep. He woke again about 4am and fed til around 5ish then I was feeding him again around 7am and then I fed him again during church around 10.30...its so random...He would happily chew away on my boobs all day I have to stop him sometimes cause he just uses me for a pacifier.

Haha yeah Emerson likes the nipple for comfort too.
The last few nights have been amazing for sleep.
He has been falling asleep by 11, up around 3, back to sleep after a quick feed and up around 5, then 7. Much better than the every hour or less! We have also had good daytime naps that are usually 3 hours long. Yay!
Mind you, after those 3 hour + stretches, my boobs kill and leak like a faucet!

hello :)
its been ages since I last wrote but I hop on and check in on you all when I have a spare minute. Connor has been getting better in the last 5 days since he was taken off caffeine for is apnea- we think that may have been a major source of his reflux. Granted the reflux isn't gone and he's still having some other digestive issues that make him uncomfortable, but we're finally moving in the right direction. As he's been getting more comfortable, I've actually been able to put him down for small periods of time (to see more you can visit his website if you want- www.connorcitrin.com ...esp the entry "Colic Schmolic") We are so fed up with doctors etc telling us he has colic and that there is nothing they can do to help him feel better. Now, between 2 reflux meds, infant probiotic drops, hypoallergenic formula (and hopefully soon dairy-free breast milk) and removing the caffeine, we seem to be making progress and he's not so miserable all the time.

Julie- I've been thinking of you andd your family and really really hope your little one is just a carrier. I am a carrier and its made no difference n my life (we only know since I was having some fertility issues and got a full range of tests) why do they have to wait tip later in August get a definitive answer on the CF?

and guess who's just waking up now....! sorry I don't have more time to write and comment on your other updates- hopefully it won't be sic a long spell before I'm on here again....

Hi Myra...

Glad to hear from you and little Connor's update. He is such an amazing and strong baby boy. There will be nothing this little guy can't do.

We had to wait until Stone was 4 weeks old before he could get the CF test. That was last Fri and the Dr is on vacation this week. Therefore we go next Wednesday. It was Thursday but was changed when they sent me the reminder card. I truly hope and pray he is a carrier. I am ready to get this behind us. My husband and I are really bad about watching him breath or tasting his skin for extreme salt. Sounds crazy, huh? Needless to say the pediatrician says it is too early for him to have symptoms even if he has CF. But of course I don't listen. I will post as soon as we know next Wednesday.

aww Myra good to hear from you and thank you for the post. Julie you poor thing having all this extra pressure! I hope that you get good news soon about your dear little man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->