July 1st anyone else in July2013

Oh beachgal, he is gorgeous. I love the pics. The one of him on him on his own looks like he is playfully saying 'no paparazzi, no photos... Oh go on then!' Hehe.

I have to agree with you on admiring the ladies with toddlers. I haven't even got one yet but I'm wondering how I would cope with a toddler and these pre-birth energy levels. Kudos to you, ladies.

Thanks for your advice about breastfeeding, beachgal. After hearing your experience I will try to get as much guidance as possible while in hospital to put me on the right path. We do have follow-up clinics as well thankfully just in case we have problems. It's a relief to know there is so much help out there and we don't have to struggle on alone.

Feeding every hour must be tiring. Are you sleeping with Emerson? Or using a Moses basket or cot?

Ethan is two weeks old today! Yikes how time flies. My brother and his 2 kids left back to Sydney on Saturday night and today we took Ethan to his first doctor appointment. I have to take him in for an ultrasound on his tummy as while we were at the appointment he projectile vomited all over the bed in the doctor room. They just want to rule out anything suspect. I am sure he is okay. I am going to go get a blood test too to check my iron and platelet levels. I hope it comes back a-okay. I am so exhausted with the two kids. Libby has been demanding cuddles every chance she gets. poor girl isnt use to my attention being off her for so long due to her new brother.

Well tonight has been a better night for us. He's only woken twice and I decided to do a side lying feed both times. It seems to be working better for us :)
I have a bassinet beside my bed that he sleeps in. Will you have your LO in the room with you?
It is stinkin hot here again and should last for another few days. We stayed in today and I took him out for a walk this evening around 9pm when it started to cool off a bit. But I after 20 mins I had to call it quits. Just too humid out!
It seems everywhere has been having really warm weather - how are you guys passing the days with the heat?

Ethan is two weeks old today! Yikes how time flies. My brother and his 2 kids left back to Sydney on Saturday night and today we took Ethan to his first doctor appointment. I have to take him in for an ultrasound on his tummy as while we were at the appointment he projectile vomited all over the bed in the doctor room. They just want to rule out anything suspect. I am sure he is okay. I am going to go get a blood test too to check my iron and platelet levels. I hope it comes back a-okay. I am so exhausted with the two kids. Libby has been demanding cuddles every chance she gets. poor girl isnt use to my attention being off her for so long due to her new brother.

Wow, so you have had a busy household! How was it for you? Not too busy I hope? I found since being home I haven't wanted any visitors and more just wanted time to adjust and settle in. Did you feel that way with your first?
Sorry to hear Ethan will have an u/s. but I'm sure he will do great :). Has he thrown up like that before? Always good when they do that stuff at the drs so the dr can see it!
Awww Libby cuddles... Has she been adjusting ok?

DH went back to work today. I hate it. I have a golf ball knot bulging from my incision on the right side. I am freaking out. I called the Dr office and waiting for them to call back. Piper and I had a blow out this morning. She is so bull headed. Of course her brother woke up. She has no patients. Hopefully our afternoon goes better.
Stone's cord came off yesterday so I am excited to give him a real bath. He is eating 4 oz bottles and sometimes wants another 2 oz after 2 hours. He is cuddled up on his spot on my chest going to sleep. He lays right on my heart, they say it is soothing for them to hear your heart beating.

I do hope Barbi is well...

Eileen... Emerson is so handsome, so are you ready for another?

Emily I hope Ethan's u/s goes well.

Shanoa... Baby time yet???

Having Emerson cuddled up on my chest is the best feeling in the world :).
Let us know how his first bath goes! Emerson's cord fell off a couple of days ago - I think the uv treatment dried it out quite a bit.
Have you heard back from the dr about your incision?

I think I'm pretty content with Emerson being an only child! Haha of course I say that now ;)
Now I'm getting one breast leaking while I'm feeding with the other... Lol have to keep a towel handy.
Shanoa, how are you feeling??

I went to the Dr and she squeezed on the knot and it exploded all over her. She had to change her clothes. I have a drain tube and packing. I have to go back tomorrow. I guess the skin came lose and filled with fluid. She said the diabetes played in me not healing correctly. The positive note is that it is small part of the incision. If left alone it would of spread clear across and I would had to be open up again . Hopefully this will fix the problem.

My milk is hopefully drying up. My breast have went down and not so achy. I regret not trying, but it is okay. DH will be home soon so I want to start dinner, he will be surprised. Lol.

Hope Barbi and Shanoa are fine...

Libby- I hope all is fine after the ultrasound.

Julie - thank goodness you caught that quickly! It could have been a real trauma if you left it.

Beachgal - Bassinet, I think that's what we call them in Aus. They call them Moses baskets here. At least I think they're the same thing. Yes I will have a Moses basket next to me but our NCT instructor said that sleeping with the babe can be easier for night feeds and is safe if you don't drink or smoke. But I don't know, I would be worried about rolling on to the little one in my sleep.

Still no movement from my LO. I'm on the Raspberry Leaf Tea, trying to poke around at acupuncture pressure points (having no clue how it's done), and I'll be starting on the pineapple next and trying to convince the DH to get romantic. He seems too scared to touch me right now!

I'm mahoosive and hot and sooo ready to meet the LO after seeing all your lovely pics.

I hope Barbi is ok as well. Barbi, let us know when you can.

Oh my goodness, that's good it was caught early! How are you feeling? Any soreness?

Beachgal - Bassinet, I think that's what we call them in Aus. They call them Moses baskets here. At least I think they're the same thing. Yes I will have a Moses basket next to me but our NCT instructor said that sleeping with the babe can be easier for night feeds and is safe if you don't drink or smoke. But I don't know, I would be worried about rolling on to the little one in my sleep.

Still no movement from my LO. I'm on the Raspberry Leaf Tea, trying to poke around at acupuncture pressure points (having no clue how it's done), and I'll be starting on the pineapple next and trying to convince the DH to get romantic. He seems too scared to touch me right now!

I'm mahoosive and hot and sooo ready to meet the LO after seeing all your lovely pics.

I hope Barbi is ok as well. Barbi, let us know when you can.

Yeah, so funny the different terms for everything!
I will often let Emerson sleep in bed with me after a night feed. He will fall asleep on my boob so it's just easier to let him stay. I was worried at first about rolling but there's enough room between us and I've noticed I barely move when he's in my bed. I also noticed that breastfeeding makes me very sleepy! So it's nice to just fall asleep after a feed instead of getting up :)

Bfeeding is exhausting...I try to drink a cup of water during every bfeed to keep my hydration up and assist with my supply. We have Ethan in a bassinet beside our bed...he is already almost too big for the thing. Probably another 6 inches then I will have to rethink bedding for him or he is going to end up bumping his head. The bassinet is very old. It use to be mine when I was a baby and my mother kept it.
His belly button scab fell off the other day...it looks like it is healing up nicely. His little ears are still scrunched up. I hope they unfold normally soon.
He woke about 4 times in the night last night I think he had gas cause this morning he had an explosion poop. It was revolting!

I agree... It is exhausting! I'm always so thirsty, I feel like a camel. I have to also remember to eat otherwise I
Start to feel weak. I'm tired, hot and cranky tonight :(. 4 more days of this heat wave. Ugh.

I been feeling really dizzy all day...I thought I may black out a couple of times. I been wondering if it is my iron levels or something else.

Definitely could be! Did you have low iron during your pregnancy?

Beach gal-Emerson is gorgeous!!

Libbysmum- did you call the doc re:dizziness or find out what might be going on?

Julie- how have you guys been adjusting to OH back at work? I find myself wishing the week would fly by so we can get to the wknd and have OH here with us.

I'd love to say everything is going smoothly here but...the good days are getting more frequent at least! Connor has such bad reflux- meds have started helping but he still has some tough days/nights. Last night he wouldn't sleep more than 45 min in a row...his zantac dose was upped today so hopefully that will help. And on his good days- well then I can appreciate just how amazing he truly is :(

Aww Myra he is a little fighter! So glad to hear good news with his progress. Reflux can really be horrible...Libby had bad reflux when she was younger. I tried about 10 different bottles/teets and thickners for formula etc to try keep food in her and she would projectile it up. It can be a real concern especially if they are not gaining weight.
Ethan had his ultrasound this morning. Fairly sure they didn't find anything nasty but she did see lots of gas inside him. I may need to sort out the gas for him to be more settled.

Happy to hear from you Myra. I hope Connor is getting along better with his reflux. I really wish DH had a couple more weeks of vacation.

I have to go to the OB 2x a day to change my packing. It is just another thing to stress me out. It is getting better but it is still draining. I feel like I am there more then when I was pregnant. Lol.

Stone is doing good, he goes for shots next Wednesday. We go on Tuesday to see about his circumcision. They couldn't do it at the hospital before we left. Ugh.

Hope everyone is enjoying their little men.

Shanoa... Any news??

Barbi... Baby yet???

Hi Ladies:) Hope everyone is settling in nicely with their little men. I love the pictures, keep them coming:)

Julie--that sounds so rough, and to have to go in twice a day?! Yuck! How much longer do they think you'll be dealing with it?

Beachgal--good for you for continuing to b/f...it IS hard, and tiring, however, by the time Emerson is a month old, you'll be laughing...and not having to deal with bottle is so great.

Libby's; did they say how you can help get rid of the excess gas? I've never had to deal with that (thus far, anyway). Glad he seems to be ok otherwise though.

Myra--your little Connor is so inspiring. Hope that someday soon, the last few months becomes a distant memory.

Nothing from Shanoa or Barbie? Maybe no news is good news??? Fingers crossed!

As for me, we're doing great. My oldest 2 children just got back from 10 days of camping with their dad. They had fun, but holy cow I missed them. It did, however, give me the chance to heal from the c-section more, and to spend some one on one time with Lucas, and try to figure out his schedule (baby-led schedule :) ), and get to know him. My OH goes back to work tomorrow, boo!!! I've really enjoyed having him home to help with the baby. Now I have to figure out how to keep 3 kids entertained and fed all day, all by myself, lol.
I feel like I've missed a bunch of things I wanted to comment on....can I still claim pregnancy brain????

Did I read before, that there's a facebook group for this thread, or am I crazy? I could make one if there isn't one already....

Definitely use baby brain as a reason...I don't think it ever goes away after having kids.
Been feeling so lethargic and sick today...hot then cold then hot then cold...took some panadol and been sucking on lozengers cause my throat is so itchy and scratchy. Finding it really difficult to juggle my time btwn baby and toddler. Poor Libby has been babysat by the tv all day!

Hi all,

Quick check in. Still nothing to report. I'm still waiting for the LO to make its appearance. I'm wondering if it will be the same day as the royal baby.

Myra- I hope Connor's reflux improves quickly.

Libby- same with Ethan's gas.

Julie- how is your scar healing? It must be a pain in this heat.

Dove - wow, managing 3 kids is going to be HECTIC! A group on Facebook would be a nice idea. I would have no idea how to do this.

Does anyone have any tips to bring on labour? Have you tried anything that works? I'm about to try some Clary Sage Oil in the bath tonight.

Hopefully I will have some news this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->