July 2014 IVF Buddies

Hello lovely ladies,

Well it's a only a bleedin great BFP for me, I am in total shock and so bloody happy!!! I did a whole bunch of tests and all were screaming the word PREGNANT at me...... Am soooooo frickin over the moon!!!

Still such a long way to go but it's a start after those years of trying.....

Big hugs to you Lizzie, so many things can get to us on this crazy journey. I can understand why you felt flat, all the speculation and talk of pregnancy can drive you to despair. All that matters is that you are on your journey and you are doing all that you can to make your dreams come true.
And injecting in a ladies is just hideous so don't be too hard on yourself.

I hope that you have a lovely Sunday.

Hope all you other lovely ladies are doing good too.

Xxx

Congratulations!!!! :wohoo: :dance: :happydance: :bunny: :cloud9: when did you test, what was dh's reaction? I want the whole story! Omg I am so thrilled for you!!!! Xxxxx

Hi to everyone else by the way - I'll post fully later but am just calling in to find out Emmi's news - and it's AWESOME! X

Congratulations huni!!!! So very much deserved!!! Xxx

I knew it I knew it i knew it!!! Congratulations Emmi that is such brilliant news I'm thrilled for you. :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::dust:

Congratulations Emmi, I'm absolutely over the moon for you and DH! Now, the next question is, how many little beans are there? ;) xxxx

Thank you lovely Ladies, yep, we're wondering how many!!! Twins would be perfect but will take whatever is on offer.

I tested at 6 this morning...... hubby was half asleep but dutifully woke up and acted like the cheering leading squad. Dog was a bit pissed off with so much noise so early in the morning, she likes her beauty sleep. :flower:Well one by one, all the tests came up with PREGNANT:happydance: We both started laughing like loonies, we just couldn't bleedin believe it. It still hasn't sunk in:happydance:
My best friend couldn't sleep as she was thinking about me so I was on the blower to her at 7, she went a bit bonkers with the news, she can't have children so she is all ready to be Fairy Godmother. Then next to talk to my parents....Lordy did they start screaming, gawd knows what their neighbours were thinking.:dohh: We are just telling close friends and family as we have such along way to go but they are just so happy for us.

Am now on the sofa with hubby hoovering and making Sunday lunch. I haven't slept well for so long so am well knackered:wacko:

Anyway, how are you all today??? Really praying that this is a lucky lucky thread:hugs:

Xxxx

Emmi!!!! Congratulations I'm so excited for you!!!!!

Yay, Emmi! I love waking up to this news! Soooo danged happy for you, you'd think I was related or something;)

Lizzie, I can't tell you how many times in the past four months of iui/ivf and not drinking and being tired, etc. I've had to explain to ppl I'm not pg, and I keep thinking, if I were, would I answer that anyway? Why do ppl ask? If you wanted to tell, you would. Feel you, Hun. Hang in there.

lol Emmi, enjoy being spoiled and hope you have a lovely lovely sleep tonight xxx

Aw Emmi, I got teary reading your story. So so happy for you! Yay!!!

Whats everyone been up to today? xx

I can't tell you how many times in the past four months of iui/ivf and not drinking and being tired, etc. I've had to explain to ppl I'm not pg, and I keep thinking, if I were, would I answer that anyway? Why do ppl ask? If you wanted to tell, you would.

THIS! People can be so daft/awkward/unhelpful! I end up telling people about the infertility/treatment because I don't want them thinking I'm PG when I'm not as its weirdly upsetting probably as I SO WISH IT WAS TRUE.

Last night for example at a friend's for dinner, I felt I had to explain why with the not-drinking booze but instead full-fat milk, and needing to sit down rather than stand about in the kitchen and rubbing my legs and tum! (My legs and butt are SO SORE and weirdly feel like they're going to sleep all the time! What's with that? Plus my lower abdomen feels like I have half a dozen hen eggs in there rather than my ultra-teeny ones :haha:)

Could have slapped my other friend last week - she has a 2yo son and she commented to me that with my infertility at least I will never have to experience the pain of labour so, y'know, silver lining there! I know she felt she was being helpful/supportive but I just wanted to say 'Do you wish you could go back and not have him, to avoid having gone through that pain? If not, shut up.' I would go through ten times the pain in order to have just one child. Labour pain ends. The pain of childlessness never does. I just said that I have never once worried about the pain of childbirth, or dreaded the discomfort of pregnancy and that if I could trade the last thirty years of my life in order to have a baby, I would. 'But then you wouldn't be alive to spend as much time with them' she said. Better than never having any time with them at all and having another 50 years to regret being barren. Gah, people with children just don't get it. Several of them anyway - no offence, Plex and Lanet :flower:

Aurora so true honey. If it makes you feel any better I definitely feel like I have hens eggs in my tummy too. I keep looking down half expecting to actually see them lol.

I'm a moody hormotional mare today so just waiting for bedding to dry in the tumble dryer before putting clean sheets on, doing my trigger injection and then trying to tempt DH into a bit of baby dancing as per clinic guidelines for tonight which should be fun considering he looks like he'd like to murder me at the moment :help: oh the fun times of ivf that they don't tell you about huh! :wacko:

Aurora and Redbean, I hear you about not drinking during treatment, first time around I stopped after XMAS and started meds end of January, but only achieved 2 eggs... low AMH... This time, I stopped drinking end of April, but have let me myself have a glass of wine every so often recently, as I don't honestly think that is my issue. Sometimes it is easier to sip on glass rather than explaining why I am not drinking, that being said as soon as I start injections, I will not drinking until the end.... whenever that may be...

We got a bottle of white with hotel deal we had, so had a small glass in the room, drank water throughout the meal, wee soda and lime in the bar afterwards, and then a small Merlot to finish off the evening, think it was better that I had relaxing weekend ahead of starting treatment... but everyone is different and whatever works for you if the right thing to do

I dont think fertile mertles have a clue about our situations!! I think infertility, whenever it comes along is SHIT. I suffered from primary and now secondary infertility, I would never EVER dream of being so flippant with someone elses suffering - It angers me that people who have NO experience with the struggles we go through open their mouths before thinking as if theyre suddenly an authority on the subject, unfortunately it always seems to be the people close to us that say the worst things!

Aurora - I CANNOT believe that comment your friend made!! :hugs: awful and disgusting, it made me teary :cry: i wanna just give u a big hug! :hugs: Im impressed you had a come back for it - i really dont know what i wouldve said to that :( ! Like labour pains is a soul reason NOT to have a child?! :nope: did she try to cover her tracks and appologise?

Let me tell you the awful comments just keep coming even if your dream is realised and you get ur miracle baby :( even if its the constant comment of - so when are you having another one? It hurts to reply as you have that gut feeling deep inside that that may never happen :(

Ive had people telling me that I should be grateful for what i have (like im not? :dohh:) Also someone close to me said that maybe its gods will for me not to have any more children - what am i a bad mother??

As you can tell im quite passionate about the whole process lol The longing to give my boy a sibling is beyond anything i can describe.

Only you girls get it and im so eternally grateful to have found such a wonderful supportive bunch of ladies :cloud9: It makes the torture of this all more bareable :hugs: and it upsets me that we all have those 'friends' that drop clangers around us :nope: xxxx

Wow......i feel spent after that reply :haha: think im gunna get an early night! feel light headed and woozy.

Symptom spotting - crampy felt like the :witch: is on her way, had a lie down earlier. Im over analysing everything! Im going to be devestated if this doesnt work :(

OOOO Lizzie - :happydance: for the trigger shot tonight!!! xx

Aurora - I would have been hurt by that comment as well. People should stop being nosy!

Lizzie - good luck with trigger!

Plex when is you test date?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"