July 2014 IVF Buddies

Aurora thats great news.

Redbean think insomnia was due to a combination of nap in late afternoon and cramps. Hopefully sea air today will help me sleep x

Redbean, that's amazing! Congrats. :)

And Aurora - right on track. Fingers crossed for you.

And now, a timeline of my last 24 hours:

Saturday afternoon:
Feeling moody and negative. Figure "It can't get worse, so I should just test and maybe it'll get better." BFN. Realize that 5dp5dt is early, so not terribly upset, but definitely moodier.

Saturday night:
Something weird happens with the PIO injection and it radiates pain across my hip, making it hard to walk or even move my leg around. Husband googles and finds some scary things about it taking a month to recover from nerve damage. I completely break down with pent-up emotion. (Cry #1 of 3.)

Sunday 8am:
Wake up with a sore hip, but thankfully it's better... we're not quite sure what happened, but there's no big nerve damage. Test again. BFN. Sad but holding it together.

Sunday 10am:
I see Redbean's great news... which is truly great, but of course also makes me feel even more sorry for myself. Husband is being annoyingly optimistic, saying that the test means nothing because it's early. I acknowledge that it's early, but his lack of disappointment makes me feel alone. Then he starts talking statistics to justify that it wouldn't be too surprising if this didn't work, and that we'll keep trying. We start arguing about statistics. This is not the emotional comfort I was seeking. (Cry #2 of 3.)

Sunday noon:
We take a walk around the neighborhood. It feels good to get fresh air. We come back and have lunch.

Sunday 2pm:
I realize I haven't peed for a few hours (with the incessant Gatorade, I've been peeing multiple times an hour, and 3 times during the night, so it's been hard to save up for a good pee test). I pull out the big guns - the one more expensive test that I had among the pile of internet cheapies. And you know what I see? A VERY VERY FAINT second line. Go show husband. (Cry #3 of 3.)

We're going to head out to dinner and pick up another good test so we can compare tomorrow. It's too faint of a line to be really celebrating, and we're certainly not telling anyone (except you ladies!), but I'm encouraged.

And the real moral of the story is that those of you who manage to resist testing early are doing the right thing. :)

Amy! Yay!

I tested at 10dp3dt and even then it wasn't completely dark. Also, I got REALLY down at 5dpt too. Good signs:) So exciting! (Also, I always found dh's optimism annoying when I got bfns too. What is that?)

Aurora, good luck w transfer. Your embies sound fantastic.

Amy that is fab news!!!!!! Look for to hearing results of your next test. Xxx

Amy that is great news although not great news that you have been so upset over the weekend. Here's hoping that bfp gets stronger and stronger over the next few days and your crying days are behind you xxxx

What a roller coaster journey Amy but here's hoping that the squinter gets darker and darker!!! Crying I think is part and parcel of this journey, oh the joy. I watched Marley and Me yesterday and practically had a melt down.

Love that all these hubbies are optimistic, my hubby is totally like Mary Poppins over everything, too funny.

Xxx

I echo everything the other ladies have said! Can't wait for the big fat positive update, Amy :dance:

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I'm a bit worried as I feel quite cramps like AF is coming. Is that the EC recovery still or the progesterone? Apparently cramps will dispel the embryo so I need to relax the lining! According to Catching Rainbows anyway... Anyone had ore-transfer cramps then got BFP?

Aurora I've had the cramps since EC too and wasn't sure whether it was from collection or the progesterone. I'm 6 days on now and they have calmed down but are still there. I certainly won't be able to notice any implantation cramps because I have them anyway! I know that doesn't help, just wanted to say you aren't alone x

I think the progesterone is suppose to quiet your uterus. Maybe what you're feeling is your ovaries? Mine were so large and angry that it felt like cramps and got worse until about 3dpt.

I wondered that but they only got six eggs from me not 30-40 so not sure what my ovaries would be complaining about! The massive doses of Gonal-F maybe. They're in withdrawal :haha:

Yeah, they only got 11 from me. That gonal-f is wicked!

Hi Ladies,

May I join you? I have just finished stimming and am looking for some moral support as I go into egg retrieval (Wednesday) and all the rest!

About me: 42 (turning 43 in Oct.). TTC for a few years before 3 failed IUIs and figuring out that I had one tube that didn't work and the other one was questionable. It was a relief to have a concrete-ish reason for the difficulty. We got lucky in 2012 when we turned to IVF and I had a little girl at 41. Trying to get lightening to strike twice (as my RE says) and giving it a go again this month. Hoping for the best!

I did Gonal-F, HcG, and Cetrotide. Taking my trigger shot tonight! I've got something like 10 follies going. RE said I did better than he expected, but one step at a time.

Hoping for the best for all of you ladies on here and congratulations to all of the BFPs -- very inspiring!

Hi Bebe,

Welcome! That's hopeful that IVF worked for you before. Hope you find that lightening again!

I tested again today and it's totally darker. Almost as dark as the test line. And the OHSS is back in full swing, so there's little doubt in our minds now. :) just hoping it sticks!

Hi bebe, of course you can join us, welcome! I'm sure the US ladies will be happy to have someone else on the thread who is awake at the same time as them :) good luck on weds although you won't need it I'm sure
Xxx

Hi Bebe :wave:

Amy that's wonderful :wohoo:

Have you told your clinic?

How are you doing today Lizzie? Your pics looked gorgeous. I've been at a Festival this weekend and being outside with the sun on my face felt like just what the dr ordered. I even did some gardening when I got back yesterday!

Transfer at 12 today. Wish me luck y'all! Hugs to everyone Xxx

Morning Ladies,

Amy, woop woop, sounds as if we have a sticky bean!!! How wonderful, listen up little bean, you need to snuggle in real good for 9 months!!

Hi Bebe, good luck to you. I was 43 on this cycle, I don't feel old at all and am always shocked when I fit into the advanced maternal age category.... Boo to that!!!:wacko:

Lizzie, how are you doing Hon??? Going loopy with symptom spotting?? Really hope that you are doing okay lovely?:flower:

Aurora, not long no until transfer at all....Eeeek:happydance: Thinking of you Honey, you will be Pupo by this afternoon.

Redbean, how are you feeling??? Still on cloud nine!!:hugs:

No bump, how are you doing hon??

AFM, am 6 weeks tomorrow and am waiting for my first scan on the 11th Aug. It seems like years away and have found this even worse than the 2ww, desperate to know if everything is alright and hubby is desperate to know how many are cooking:shrug:

So trying to keep as busy as possible.

Hugs to everyone.

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"