July 2014 IVF Buddies

Oh no Letsgo, not very relaxing! Ace egg numbers though, fert report coming up!

Squee for Bebe and Abydix, two each wow that's ace. Feet up now? Did you watch them both go in?

Amy you're being so brave, you poor honeybee. Hopefully karma will reward you with a super-easy rest-of-pregnancy once it clears up. I'm gonna order myself some Johnny Depp merchandise I think!

NoBump, so glad the doc is giving you support. Get lots of lovely rest. We're here for you.

AFM, I'm RAVENOUS! I've just eaten all the food in the world and want even more! Slobber drool SCOFF! Trying to keep it healthy at least. Oh, and I've lost more than half a stone somehow by mistake! How did that happen?? Two people in the last week commented to me that I'd list weight and I pretty much laughed in their face cos of how bloated I have felt. But I weighed myself last night out of curiosity and over half a stone, crumbs! I guess healthy eating really does work! And I've hardly been dancing! Maybe I've just lost muscle :haha:

Bebe, congrats on being pupo. I think we can all get a bit bogged down with grading, just believe in your amazing 3. So now to the 2ww, remember that you need to laugh lots so get your comedy DVD's out.

Abydix, great news on being pupo too.

No bump, great news about the 2 weeks off. Now just rest up and look after yourself.

Awww Amy, totally feel for you but once you feel better, have a really amazing weekend to celebrate all the wonderful things. Dates are important but if you can't celebrate on the day, you can save all the joy, love and excitement and do something truly amazing when you can.

Letsgo, rest up honey though I am sure banging isn't really helping. Here's hoping for some fabulous plump eggs, it's all about the quality rather than quantity so rest up and get ready for transfer.

I actually think I am extra ravenous too Aurora at the moment, just ate some curry sauce straight from the jar but hubby insists that this is normal behaviour...... operation lettuce leaf = epic fail.

But great news on the weight loss, am far too scared to go anywhere near the scales.:dohh:

Xxx

Congrats on the transfers and retrieval, ladies!

Amy, excited will come, prob just in time to tell ppl about it. These early days are awful anyway, w all the worry. Rest up! Sounds like things are changing, at any rate.

Emmi, curry right from the jar! Haha. Love it. I'm quite the opposite at the moment. Can hardly touch a thing.

My acupuncturist called the sex today: a boy. Apparently, they are right 80% of the time. We shall see! Hubby is excited. I'm already surrounded by boys at school and at home (dogs are boys), so what's another, right;)

Oh my Redbean, your acupuncturist can guess already??? That's amazing!!! A boy amongst boys would just be fabulous.
I would be over the moon to know the gender now, I feel that it's a girl but time will tell. When does a scan reveal the sex, is it 12 weeks or more??? Crikey so much waiting.

Xxx

Hi ladies, very very quick update as DH is watching me like a hawk. Did a frer tonight after holding for a few hours and got a faint positive. Even DH could see it once he out his glasses on. Cautiously excited as it's the first time I've ever had two lines. Sorry for lack of personals, will do properly in the morning xxx

Good lass, Emmi! I fancy some now too - what kind was it? Mmmm creamy curry sauce.... Just ate another meal but still want MOAR. Am gonna watch OBEM at 10 as another treat - am currently watching Grease. It is counteracting the Wrestler debacle of this weekend :)

Emmi, I think they do a sex scan at 12 weeks. But, you might be able to tell on your own. Compare the pulse in left vs right wrist. Which is faster and more fluid? Left=boy! right=girl.

Aurora, famished is a great sign! I used to be. It was kinda fun, actually. Haha.

Lizzie, yay! So exciting! Test again tomorrow and let us know how much darker it gets!

Oh what, for some reason last night I couldn't see Redbean and Lizzie's posts! Sorry ladies!!! Weird!

Lizzie you're pregnant!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :dance: :bunny: :happydance: :bunny: :happydance: :yipee:

This is so freaking AWESOME!!! How are you feeling???? Emotionally as well as physically?

I've had a terrible night as thought I was starting to bleed just before bed time which added to the lower temp has always meant The End in the past. I totally freaked out, I was crying and felt so angry yet weirdly numb at the same time. DH had to cuddle me to sleep, but I then kept waking up what felt like every hour to wee, drink, readjust position etc. but this morning temp is right back up and no sign of AF so I'm still in! Will try to have a wee drought later and test again. If I can make it to Sat morning without coming on, that will be my record broken as last time I started bleeding day 15 (which will be Friday this time).

Ooh Red I've never heard that method before. On Sunday my friend (who didn't know I had an embie on board, just that I'm trying to start a family) told me whilst driving that afternoon she'd had a sudden flash come into her mind of the words 'Aurora's having a boy'.

this ladies is why you shouldn't test early. All tests this morning are negative except for the FRER which has a hint of a line if tilted correctly, no where near as dark as yesterday and this was with FMU. I suspect I don't have a sticky bean :(

Oh Lizzie, I am hoping and praying for you and your bean
:dust: :dust: :dust:

This journey is an absolute rollercoaster of heartache and pain and hope and tears. I am thinking of you so much.

Ahhh Lizzie, so many emotions but until test day we just have to believe that the hcg is building up nicely. I know it's so hard but we're cheering you on and am praying big time that there is a sticky bean in there.

Aurora, you poor love, what an awful night you had and Gawd bless your hubby for all important cuddling. I hope that wicked witch stays away honey, look after yourself and keep busy. You so deserve a bfp as we all do.

Redbean, am trying the pulse thing but wrists going like the clappers from anxiety at the moment, I so need my scan.

Am definitely feeling sicky in the morning, really strange feeling, like I had too much wine last night - if only!!!!

Xxxx

Aurora sorry hun I missed your message. What a night youve had! This whole thing is so incredibly hard. Every day without af is a day closer to a successfull pregnancy. Im rooting for you. How many days past transfer are you now?

Emmi, sicky is good lol! Not long until your scan and then hopefully you will be able to relax a little bit. Looking forward to hearing that your itching nipples are all in a good cause!

Letsgo - amazing news from egg collection, well done you. When will you get the call to tell you about fertilisation?

Bebe Congrats on being PUPO and welcome to the crazy TWW that aurora and I are riding out. Maybe you can lend us some sanity! Have you had your freeze report yet?

Abydix - congrats to you on being PUPO too, keep taking it easy.

Amy, I just cant believe how hard all of this is for you. really hope Johnny D works some magic and you feel better soon and can start enjoying your pregnancy.

Nobump - I really feel for you. I saw your other post asking about depression during down regulation on buserelin. I wouldn't say that I was depressed but I was hit very hard by it. if I hadn't had a specific situation going on with my work that meant I probably would have lost my job if I hadn't kept going then I would have been taking some time off I struggled so much. if your Dr has signed you off that is great because you can just concentrate on you. the only thing I would say is that you need to find something to keep your mind active or you will be in danger of only having how rotten you feel to think about. I know I crashed out on the bed every night I got home and was generally too knackered to even concentrate on the tv, forget reading that was way too hard. im guessing physical exercise is also out because of how you feel but it may be worth forcing yourself out for some fresh air at least once a day because that has been proven to help with depression. Take care of yourself.

xxx

Xxx

Lizzie: Hope that Hcg keeps building up so you can get a nice dark line soon. IVF does create so many ups and downs.

Letsgo: Did you get your fert report?

Abydix: Hope you're getting rest.

Amy: I hope things start to ease up soon.

Nobump: SO glad you got some time off from work. Take care of yourself.

Aurora/Emmi: sounds like good symptoms. Eat up!

Redbean: Are you hoping for one sex or the other? It will be fun to see if your acupuncturist is right!

AFM: Just relaxing on the couch and trying to motivate to do a little work. Lab called and there are none to freeze but I had no expectation that there would be. My home instructions say no particular diet, but recommend healthy diet and abstaining from caffeine, alcohol and smoking. I don't smoke and I can easily skip the alcohol, but I really miss the caffeine. I know later in pregnancy my OBGYN recommended something like 150 milligrams a day. Did you all cut out the caffeine completely after ET or do you have 1 cup of coffee or tea?

I'm going to try to do a little work on the couch today and

Bebe - I have no excuse and am struggling to work today so admire your motivation! I cut out all alcohol and caffeine before starting the cycle as that is what my clinic recommend. Different places have different approaches but I didn't want to risk getting a bfn and wondering if it was because of caffeine.

hi everyone
hope you are all getting on well? OHSS is back feeling awful added inches on my wait line and 3 pounds. may not check in in a couple of days.

Congrats to Letsgo and the PUPO girls (that sounds like a band name).

Bebe, I switched to decaf gradually over the course of the past year so I'd be caffiene-free before starting my cycle. Lots of women drink a cup a day and get pregnant, but like Lizzie, I didn't want to have anything to look back and wonder about if I got a bfn.

Lizzie, so sorry that you're going through this roller coaster. I still have hope for you this cycle. I was still getting bfns on some brands of tests and certain times of day (mornings) leading up to my beta. Sending good vibes your way.

And Aurora, I cannot imagine how nerve-wracking and emotional this time must be. I look forward to celebrating with you when you get past your previous record.

Afm, I'm still couch-ridden from the pain but I am feeling more hydrated which makes me feel so much more like myself. Also, I am craving EVERY FOOD after living on saltines and chicken for so long. I had one bite of cheddar cheese last night and it was pretty much the best thing I'd ever tasted. Hopefully I'm at a turning point.

Super fast check in from me just to say you girls are all so awesome, you make me laugh so much and make me feel so supported and safe. Will write more later when I can. I'll leave you with the fact my cat smells really odd for some reason - more like a damp dog today! Weird!! :haha:

abydix - oh no! Just rest up and stalk the thread to see that we are all thinking about you, no need to try to keep up. Hope the OHSS dies back down again soon and you don't end up in the same situation as Amy.

Amy - speaking of you (!) glad that food is finally starting to appeal again, hopefully this is your turning point as you say and things will get easier from here for you.

Aurora, I'm not sure from that whether to say I think you're pregnanat because your sense of smell is weird or that I think your cat is pregnant because it's the one who smells weird :haha:

Haha, Lizzie. Too funny. Aurora, I can smell my dogs like never before, and yes they smell musty and wet. I've febreezed the heck out of my house these last few weeks.

Abdyx, I hope you get some good rest, and Amy, sounds promising!

Sorry I can't keep up or respond to everyone. I'm so foggy today and can't stop sleeping. I can't decide if it's the Zyrtec I took last night for allergies, or the new estrogen patch I put on today, or just plain pg tiredness, but I'm worried. I'm going to a very intense writer's conference next week and then school starts. I have so much to do and I need to be sharp! I feel like I've been soaked in molasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->