July 2014 IVF Buddies

Oh dear, Redbean, that is awful. Good luck to you on gaining that weight! Wish that that part was at least fun, but it doesn't sound like it possibly can be with your symptoms. Guess you will be getting tons of extra hormones from your girls, too. So glad to hear all are doing well.

Hoping all of you are taking care and enjoying the start of the school year, fall, and everything that goes with it. I get to travel in a few weeks to see my family and see some autumn leaves!

Nobump, think it's your WTF appointment today? Just wanted to wish you luck and hope you post to tell us what is said xxx

Hope all you other lovely ladies are doing well.

xxx

Thanks lizzie. Apt later today. Not looking forward to it. We took today off and stayed in a hotel last night. Chilled out this morning in hotel jacuzzi and steam room.... no point avoiding now..... my acu guy mentioned herbs I coulf try. Not sure. Will see how today goes x

nobump, best of luck with today's appointment. I hope you will get some positive and instructive information and will feel hopeful again

Sorry to disappoint. ... as we have male and female factors looks like ivf is only option. ... if we do another cycle it will cost 5 grand. Or we could look at donor eggs or donor embryos but don't think that's for us. Will see what my day 21 bloods come back with... may also looks at getting fsh checked again. Fsh and lh were ok in 2010.

Not sure about dhea. ... will continue coq10 and folic acid for now x

Ps: I've had such a rough time of things: vomiting, extreme constipation and hemmoroids, a uti, migraines, yeast infection, back pain...

If anyone has any secret wish for multiples, think again!;) letsgo, maybe you will get lucky and not have any of it.

So sorry that you are having such a hideous time of it all but here's hoping that when you hold your beautiful babies in your arms, all will be worth it. Carrying one is a job in itself let alone 3:dohh: But glad that all 3 are doing well and growing as they should, very exciting.:hugs: xxx

Sorry to disappoint. ... as we have male and female factors looks like ivf is only option. ... if we do another cycle it will cost 5 grand. Or we could look at donor eggs or donor embryos but don't think that's for us. Will see what my day 21 bloods come back with... may also looks at getting fsh checked again. Fsh and lh were ok in 2010.

Not sure about dhea. ... will continue coq10 and folic acid for now x

It's so not fair how much we have to pay, we have spent about 15k altogether...... So hideous how much the costs are.:dohh:

Also try taking fish oils, not cod liver but omega oils, I am sure that really helped my overall well being.

One day at a time, this journey is one hell of a ride.

Xxx

nobump, best of luck with today's appointment. I hope you will get some positive and instructive information and will feel hopeful again

How are you Briss?? How are you doing??

X

nobump, what about doing IVF abroad? it's cheaper. also maybe you can consider natural IVF?

Emmi, thank you! tbh, I am not that great. I am still in a bit of pain, mainly ovaries. am seeing a doc at a different hospital tomorrow for second opinion. slightly scared of what he may say or see on the scan. I must believe IVF is still going to be an option for us after I recover.

Oh my goodness Redbean - your symptoms sound terrible. But I'm still so happy that you are carrying healthy babies. :) The discomfort will soon be a distant memory!

Question for the ladies ahead of me. At what point in pregnancy did you stop progesterone/estrogen if you were taking?

Had my final scan at RE office, moving to regular Ob next week. RE said I can stop both hormones (9w0d) but this is different from what they've told me in the past and I'm pretty nervous about it. Going to call today and get confirmation, but thinking I still have some meds left and as irritating as it is to take, I don't want to cut off that support yet if the placenta hasn't taken over. I don't trust my body to do normal things like make hormones and babies. Fret fret.

Question for the ladies ahead of me. At what point in pregnancy did you stop progesterone/estrogen if you were taking?

Had my final scan at RE office, moving to regular Ob next week. RE said I can stop both hormones (9w0d) but this is different from what they've told me in the past and I'm pretty nervous about it. Going to call today and get confirmation, but thinking I still have some meds left and as irritating as it is to take, I don't want to cut off that support yet if the placenta hasn't taken over. I don't trust my body to do normal things like make hormones and babies. Fret fret.

My clinic told me that I needed to take them (progesterone) right up until the end of the 12th week. I was on 4 a day but gradually cut down to 2 and then 1 for the actual week 12.
If you feel really unsure, question them about it, you need to feel sure in what they are telling you to do.:hugs:

X

nobump, what about doing IVF abroad? it's cheaper. also maybe you can consider natural IVF?

Emmi, thank you! tbh, I am not that great. I am still in a bit of pain, mainly ovaries. am seeing a doc at a different hospital tomorrow for second opinion. slightly scared of what he may say or see on the scan. I must believe IVF is still going to be an option for us after I recover.

How did your appointment go Briss?? Are you feeling any better Hon??
I really hope that your new Dr has given advice on a way forward.:hugs:

X

Briss, I think we need time to digest the information, IVF abroad is not really an option, my husbands holidays are not flexible.... not sure if a natural cycle would work for us as my eggs were not good with stimulation so not sure if I would get any good eggs on a natural cycle... Will see what my blood test show over the next few weeks.. Will go back to NTNP...

Emmi, will try and pick some up and add them to my list of things to take.

Redbean, are you feeling any better?

Letsgo, hope you enjoy your travels.

Sorry if missed anyone xx

I was supposed to go for 10 weeks but had to stop at 9 bc I started reacting to it as an overdose. If you are really constipated, you're prob producing enough of your own prog to stop. My doc says any use after 8 weeks is really just padding.

Hi ladies. Nausea is every three days on then three off. Trying to gain weight. Still a pound under. Today I consumed 2500 calories and still not gaining! Wtf?

No bump, I had ice cream today w a childhood friend who is pg w triplets, as well. She tried 4 cycles of ivf w no success. Docs told her less than 20% chance of ever having children! even w donor eggs. On the fifth time, three!

Keep the hope ladies. Even if ivf isn't the answer, something could always happen!

Redbean, thanks for the story, getting lucky on 5th IVF gives me hope.

afm, had my "second opinion appointment" with a senior consultant and it seems like things are going in the right direction. he agreed with UCLH that not doing a lap was the right way to go about it, and there is every hope that things will heal in about 6-8 weeks. seems like this could have happened to anyone, I was just unlucky. even then, the risks are still there until the blood is fully absorbed so i should be careful and take things easy. We should not TTC this month which is disappointing although considering the pain not sure I am up to it anyway.

I went back to RMU today for a follow up and finally saw a consultant (not the usual junior doctors). apparently I was not supposed to go back to work... I need rest to ensure things do not get worse so i am back on sick leave for another week. they wanted to discharge me but I asked for another follow up appointment because I really want to make sure blood is completely gone and ovaries work normally. but so far so good, the blood is reducing, the ovaries have gone back to normal size but they still do not appear normal yet, there are cysts with blood but these should be resolved in a month or so. the pain is still there and surprisingly my right shoulder pain is also related to the incident. I feel a bit more optimistic but I guess I need to wait and see how things are going next couple of cycles.

Mixed feelings about docs today. Day 21 showed I ovulated. Going to get fsh rechecked. Doc thinks they will be okay. She recommends that we pay for a private consult at an ivf clinic... she did say as I am type A personality I am struggling with things as I can control this process and can't plan things.

She also recommend that we take a break from everything for a while.

OMG Briss :cry: What a bloody horrendous experience! I really hope you are physically feeling better now? Made me cry for you reading it - rest up and i hope ur follow up scan shows all the blood has cleared up. :hugs: Thinking of you hun :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->