July 2014 IVF Buddies

Bebe, this must be really difficult for you and the end of next week seems so far away. Like nobump said is there any chance that you have a disappearing twin which might explain the change in numbers? :hugs:

Really hoping that's the case! I think RE doesn't want me to get my hopes up because of the Chemical last time. They couldn't get me in until the 20th and we might have to push it out even a little further so DH can be there. Ugh! It's like another 2ww. But at least that will be less stressful than getting pricked and waiting on beta calls every 2 days! RE said the betas start to plateau at this point anyway, so they won't be that useful anymore.

Excited to see some of the other cycles starting!

Thinking of you ladies. I don't pop in too often but I am so happy to see this group continue to engage. Wishing you all wonderful things for this new year, whether it be fresh starts, new paths, healthy terms....

Bebe, you sound like you are taking this all in stride. Amazing! Wishing you strength in the next week and enough distraction to make it seem like the clock still continues to move forward rather than stand still. Try not to second guess your body. Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Nobump, I hope you have some clarity in the new year and gain some relief from unanswered questions. It seems unreal that this process is still such a gamble each time, and unfair when you look around.

Thanks. Hope you are having a smooth journey through your pregnancy letsgo.

Bebe - When is ur ultrasound? I hope all is good, such a nerve wracking time :( praying for you xx

nobump- completely understand u needing to take time out, i hope that you feel more like ur old self soon and find a path forward that suits you and ur partner xx

Lizzie/Aurora - yay for starting again!!! Really hoping that this is the cycle for you both :) xx

Hi Ladies,

I FINALLY had my U/S appointment today. I was so nervous because the beta numbers were concerning and it could have gone either way. But, today was good news! We saw the sac and the fetal pole and flickering cardiac cells! So, the RE said things looked normal and good and that we have an 80% chance of things working out. My next U/S is Feb. 11. If we see a good size and heartbeat then, we'll be in really good territory.

Good luck Lizzie, Aurora, Plex! How are things going?

I hope all the pg ladies are doing well! I imagine you're all on due date forums, but I'd love to hear how everyone's doing!

Bebe, that's wonderful! Congrats!!!

I'm doing well. My hips hurt a lot but otherwise, I'm finally getting some energy back. We're in the final countdown now, which is hard to believe. 2.5 months to go.

Looking forward to hearing more from the girls starting new cycles!

Bebe that is fantastic news, keeping everything crossed until 11th Deb for you but so pleased with today's update!

Amy, that is crazy that you only have 2 1/2 months to go!

Nothing new with me, still down regging and miserable lol buserlin and I really don't get along. Trying hard to just suck it up but it's not easy. Acupuncture tomorrow which will hopefully make me feel a bit better. Down reg scan on Monday morning so fingers crossed that the meds will have done their job. Weirdly I'm having a terrible time with injections this time around. Doing everything right but they hurt and I bleed every night, sigh :(

After all that depressing moaning hope everyone else is ok??? Xxxx

Bebe, congrats!

Lizzie, that hormone ride is seriously the worst. Sorry you have to go through that...again. Are you doing anything different next time?

I am 29 weeks measuring like I'm 52. Yes, 52! I'm as big as a house and am in sooo much pain. I feel pain in body parts I didn't know existed, like my pancreas. Wtf? But, these babies need to cook for a couple more weeks. I'm aiming for 32. We shall see. I may cry myself dead by then. But I will be happy not to have my body falling out of every orifice. Lol. Jk. I can't wait to meet these three girls.

Oh Bebe, what fabulous news!! Sending buckets of sticky baby dust, very exciting!!!

Ahhhhh Lizzie you poor love, injections and you are not a happy mix.....But I really hope that your down reg scan is fabulous and you can move to the next stage.
How are you Plex and Aurora???

Crikey Redbean sounds so uncomfortable but you are so nearly there. Hang on in there for just a wee bit longer!!

Nearly there too Amy, how crazy!!

Am 32 weeks next week so have another scan, am hoping we can talk about birth plans. The gestational diabetes has been a pain but all is being managed through diet so all good. Am busy getting everything ready and it still feels like a dream, very incredible but surreal. Little one is bit of a footballer and I do love feeling all the movements and kicks, rather amazing.

Do keep updating ladies, lovely to hear from you all.

Xxx

Wow! Amazing how far along everyone is getting! Redbean: wow - hang in there! Are you busy buying three of everything?

Emmi (hard to call you that now I know your real name), I didn't know you had GD. What a pain. I just found out the stomach pain is most likely gall stones, so there goes my ice cream diet and bagel, bacon, and cheese sangies;) actually, since it's started hurting I've been more careful about eating and the swelling has gone down, so at least I know what to do, but a diet during pg is not ideal. I hope you're able to find something you like.
I have three of a lot of stuff, but am trying the "share" method w most of it.
Would love to hear about you other ladies. We've had pretty good success rates in this group, so I truly feel it's just a matter of time!

redbean, wow i forget how big and uncomfortable you must be right now, hoping they stay put for a few more weeks and that in the meantime the pain doesnt get worse for you. i sure hope those little ladies appreciate what you have been through for them once they get here ;)

Emmi, 32 weeks!! Its rubbish that you have gestational diabetes (my sister had it too) but glad that it is being managed. unbelievable that you dont actually have much longer to go. just think where you were a year ago compared to now :)

Selfishly wish you could all cycle with me and aurora at the minute, I miss you all!

Emmi (hard to call you that now I know your real name), I didn't know you had GD. What a pain. I just found out the stomach pain is most likely gall stones, so there goes my ice cream diet and bagel, bacon, and cheese sangies;) actually, since it's started hurting I've been more careful about eating and the swelling has gone down, so at least I know what to do, but a diet during pg is not ideal. I hope you're able to find something you like.
I have three of a lot of stuff, but am trying the "share" method w most of it.
Would love to hear about you other ladies. We've had pretty good success rates in this group, so I truly feel it's just a matter of time!

Ha, funny calling you Redbean too :happydance:
The gestational diabetes was a real headache especially as I had to start monitoring sugar levels on Christmas eve, not my idea of fun with all the good stuff I wanted to eat:dohh:But tbh, it's all about eating healthily with 6 or 7 small meals through the day. I can have a wee bit of chocolate as even though it's sugar, it has fat so isn't so bad. Fruit juice and tropical fruits are ironically so bad!! And tbh, this really is stopping me pile on the pounds in the final trimester so not all bad.

Gosh poor you, hope that the swelling keeps going down. It's tough to diet now but so worth it if you feel better. Honestly, I have a list of all the things I want to stuff my face with once baby is here :happydance:

Xxx

redbean, wow i forget how big and uncomfortable you must be right now, hoping they stay put for a few more weeks and that in the meantime the pain doesnt get worse for you. i sure hope those little ladies appreciate what you have been through for them once they get here ;)

Emmi, 32 weeks!! Its rubbish that you have gestational diabetes (my sister had it too) but glad that it is being managed. unbelievable that you dont actually have much longer to go. just think where you were a year ago compared to now :)

Selfishly wish you could all cycle with me and aurora at the minute, I miss you all!

Yep, such a pain!!! I freaked at first and it was hard eating right food combinations to keep levels low, I am on 1 tablet of metformin which I can deal with, I so wanted to not go down the route of insulin.

I am always thinking about how I was a year ago, it felt so hideous after the failed ivf and I was just getting older and feeling helpless.
But goes to show that you always got to have hope!! Will be 44 on Sunday and here I am. Life can change in the blink of an eye, keep the faith Honey.

We may not be cycling with you but just keep sharing here, we're cheering you and the others on big time:flower::hugs:

Xxx

Hi all, good to hear all your news. AFM, I'm ok - down-regging and AF due tomorrow or Fri, then hopefully next Thurs' down-reg scan will say we can start stims. Just trying to stay hopeful and happy but I'm not finding it easy I must admit. Big hugs to everyone and thanks for thinking of me.

Ooh Aurora and Lizzie, good luck! Lizzie, I'm sorry to hear the injections are so terrible this time around. Fingers crossed that they will soon be a distant memory. I still get little twinges of nerve weirdness in my hips where we did the progesterone shots for 11 weeks, but otherwise it seems like a lifetime ago that we had to deal with all of that nonsense. You'll be on the other side soon enough!

Redbean, I'm glad you can have a sense of humor about your body falling apart... at least online. Maybe you're whiney and pitiful in real life. :) I would be! But you are so, so close to the end, and then on to all new challenges!

Emmi, I'm glad the GD has been manageable, though it's sad that you can't stuff your face with sweets while pregnant. I gained so much weight from junk food toward the beginning... I really had to step back and reign myself in. Thankfully, right now carbs and sugar give me the worst heartburn, so it's a natural deterrent to eating my weight in cookies and donuts every evening.

Amy

Hi all, good to hear all your news. AFM, I'm ok - down-regging and AF due tomorrow or Fri, then hopefully next Thurs' down-reg scan will say we can start stims. Just trying to stay hopeful and happy but I'm not finding it easy I must admit. Big hugs to everyone and thanks for thinking of me.

I know how hard it is to keep hopeful, the IVF journey is so very tough. But one day at a time, each step is one hurdle behind you so hang on in there. Cheering you and the other ladies on big time:happydance::hugs::hugs:

Xxx

Ooh Aurora and Lizzie, good luck! Lizzie, I'm sorry to hear the injections are so terrible this time around. Fingers crossed that they will soon be a distant memory. I still get little twinges of nerve weirdness in my hips where we did the progesterone shots for 11 weeks, but otherwise it seems like a lifetime ago that we had to deal with all of that nonsense. You'll be on the other side soon enough!

Redbean, I'm glad you can have a sense of humor about your body falling apart... at least online. Maybe you're whiney and pitiful in real life. :) I would be! But you are so, so close to the end, and then on to all new challenges!

Emmi, I'm glad the GD has been manageable, though it's sad that you can't stuff your face with sweets while pregnant. I gained so much weight from junk food toward the beginning... I really had to step back and reign myself in. Thankfully, right now carbs and sugar give me the worst heartburn, so it's a natural deterrent to eating my weight in cookies and donuts every evening.

Amy

To be fair, the first couple of months, I was really naughty with what I was eating...... chips, chocolate and all things bad, I couldn't stop!! So feeding myself and little one all good things isn't such a bad thing, at one point, this Baba would've looked like a nutella jar:happydance:

I guess heartburn is a great deterant but oh my, how I would love me some cookies and donuts :dohh:

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"