July 2014 IVF Buddies

How are you doing Redbean now??? Hoping things have settled?? And Aurora and Lizzie, where are you guys up to???

Amy, your belly must be growing big time now, mine has a life of it's own!

Babe, how are you feeling???

Ahhhh No bump, sorry to hear that. Sometimes you just feel that you are going round in circles but when you are not ready to give up, you do find a way of pushing forward.

I had my 32 week scan yesterday, all looking fabulous. Because of age and gestational diabetes, we are now looking at having Baba at 38 weeks which is *gulp* 6 weeks away........ have been saying the naughty f word alot ...... just feeling so real now....... blimey!!

Hope everyone is doing well, the weeks are truly flying by.

Xxx

Wow, Emmi, that's so exciting!! Flippin' heck! (That's what you meant, eh? :haha: )

Unfortunately this makes our chance of being bump buddies even shorter as my cycle might be getting delayed for a couple of months :( as it looks like I haven't fully down-regulated and the clinic are closing in Feb so if we start stims next week I could only stim for 13 days, not the maximum 15 they usually allow. I only stimmed for 13 last time, but due to protocol changes and the fact I've DRed differently this time, we might need the chance to stim for longer :nope:

They're reviewing some bloods and will then ring me to advise if I can start stims today. If not, we'll need to have a good think and possibly just accept a delay :coffee:

Aurora - gah! why is it never straightforwards?! If you have to delay then i'm hoping it will turn out to be for the best for you but since you have got you head into the right place to do this cycle it would be a shame so really hoping for a mini miracle for you :hugs:

Emmi - good grief when you say 6 weeks that really does put it into perspective! I'm so excited for you to meet your LO!

Nobump - you sound understandably utterly fed up and i don't really have anything helpful to say other than if you don't want to drive to counselling then it would probably be counter productive with the weather as it si and the amount of time it would take you. As Emmi said, sometimes when we aren't ready to give up we eventually find a way to push through and i'm hoping that is what happens for you.

Amy, Redbean, Bebe how are you all doing?

I had my DR scan this week and thanks to the higher dosage everything had worked so i'm onto FET stimms now to thicken my lining. I also finally realised why i had such a hard time with the injections once i reduced my dosage on monday night and went down to the smaller needle - total doddle :) Next scan on Weds to see how things are going, hopefully I'll have a better idea about when transfer will be then.

My good friend called me last night bc she is going to freeze her eggs and wanted the low down on the process. I thought, oh, man, where do I begin?

Forward, forward.

My cervix is holding, so docs want me to go 3.5 more weeks. I might go stir crazy. I'm in so much pain and don't sleep, so days on my couch are utterly eternal. So glad I have all your news to keep me occupied!

Emmi 6 weeks, how eexciting!

Redbean good news that your cervix is holding up. Hope youfind a way to get through the next 3.5 weeks.

Lizzie glad smaller needles have helped. Good luck with your FET.

Think well go for private appointment and decide if we'll try again or call it quits.

Auora good luck!

Xx

Aurora, that stinks! Keep us posted... I hope you can get this cycle to happen, or that you can make something positive out of the delay if you have to have one. Sheesh.

Redbean, that's great that you're holding up and letting those girls bake a while longer, even though it's not great that you feel so lousy. With my increased on-the-couch time (nothing like yours, but much more than usual), I've started organizing all of the photos on my computer. It's a fun way to pass the time and it makes me feel ready to start taking (and organizing) lots and lots more pictures once baby is here. So there's an idea for you if yours are haphazardly sitting on your computer like mine have been for about 15 years.

Lizzie, I'm so glad your injections are less painful now, and that you're on track for transfer! Excited for you.

Nobump - Wishing you some clarity by your next appointment. It's so hard to know what to do.

Emmi - Yes, the bump definitely has a life of its own. I've reached the point of strangers saying things like, "Wow, you must be due any day now!"

Bebe, how are you feeling?

Things are chugging along for me... we're working on scheduling the C-section 6 weeks from now. The race is on, Emmi! I'm feeling fine about it, other than being afraid that I'll start bleeding in the meantime. I cannot believe how soon things are happening!

Aurora, yea! Good luck!

Nobump, even if you decide to call it quits doesn't mean it's over. My friend was told she had no chance of getting pg and now she has twins. Maybe taking the pressure off is what you need, but do not feel the journey is over.

Aurora: Yay!!! I hope the stimming is going well!

Lizzie: You're on your way! Are you getting a good response?

Nobump: Thinking of you - Have you had your private appointment? We really didn't like our first RE (who we did IUIs with). It took us 6 months to decide we wanted to talk to someone else and we have been so much happier with the new clinic. Whether IVF worked or not, we felt they were so much better at being straightforward and communicating with us in a good way.

Emmi, Redbean, Amy: Wow!! So close for all of you! Do you have your hospital bags packed? Are you nesting?? Are you doing crazy things like ironing baby clothes??

AFM: Just waiting and waiting. . . . I have very faint nausea here and there and my trousers are definitely tight. I had a work event where I needed to wear a suit and it was a challenge finding something that worked. We won't know for sure where things are at until our next u/s on Feb. 11. If things are still on track, I should be about 10 weeks on Friday. Hoping for a good heartbeat!

No Bump, my heart is with you and your DH.

I feel bad atm, I must admit. I don't remember feeling this emotional last time. I'm convinced nothing is happening / that I'm ruining it. That I've somehow spoiled it already with too much stress / not enough health. I need to get some perspective!!
Love to all xxx

Auroa, I think we need to forget how bad it is otherwise we wouldn't go through it again!

Bebe, hope you managed to find something to wear and have options until you are happy to start telling people.

Not made any appointments yet, talked thing through with OH at the weekend, he had forgotten the conversation we had during the week... will phone clinic tomorrow when I am working from home.

Aurora, we've all been there... I could tell you it's all in your mind and that you should get a grip, but I know it wouldn't help. :) One thing that always helped me when I worried about the stress/health stuff, though, is what my RE said every time I asked about something I should or shouldn't be doing... which was basically "That's not the thing that will make the difference." His perspective was that every choice I could obsess about, regarding eating and exercise and such, would add up to such a minuscule difference that it wasn't worth worrying about. Of course I still made myself crazy trying to do everything right, but it did alleviate a little bit of the pressure.

Bebe - Yep, my hospital bag is packed and ready to go in my car, together with a few towels and plastic bags since I'm at risk for bleeding. I'm definitely NOT ironing baby clothes! I'm doing just as much nesting as I can handle before my hips ache too much and I have to sit down, which pretty much consists of basic meal prep at this point. I'm also spending a lot of time sitting in the recliner in the nursery, bossing my husband around while he gets stuff ready. So I guess I'm making him do the nesting? Luckily he's a good sport, and he's excited to do most of it.

Bebe, Your nausea is definitely a good sign!

Lizzie, anything new, or are you still waiting for the scan?

Amy

Been a nightmare trying to post on here!!

Aurora, I had so many wobbles on this IVF just say to yourself that whether you are worrying or stressed, it will make no difference. Just watch as much comedy as possible, laughter always helps!!

No bump, let us know how you get on.

Bebe, how are you doing today? Hospital bag is already bit like Amy no ironing!! It could all be happening 5 weeks today......Lordy

Glad you can take it easy Amy, not long now. I feel so lucky, I feel fabulous!! I always knew my hideous wide hips would come in handy!!

How are you doing Aurora??
And redbean??
Xx

Emmi 5 weeks that will pass in no time.

Had docs this morning. Back on iron tablets. Hemoglobin and ferritin are dropping. Never phoned clinic... work is a bit of a nightmare today. .. or maybe I am just delaying...

Aurora, I cried hysterically into my hubby's arms the day before pos and seeing ++. I was CONVINCED it didn't work and I'd ruined it. Those are just the hormones, Hun. Go with it;)

Ugh, days creep by. I'm so jealous of your hips, Emmi. Mine KILL. I can only sleep for 20 min stretches and 4 hrs a night. I feel so sick all the time. And my stomach muscles feel like they will tear any minute. I can hardly walk to the bathroom. 31+2 today! If I can go to 32 I will be ecstatic. So, while the desire to clean is there, unfortunately it won't happen. I can do one thing a day: either vacuum one room, or start the dishes, or start the laundry (and wait for hubby to lift basket for folding). So frustrating for a nesting lady! Nothing about this is easy, is it? You get what you asked for and feel like you're dying.

Emmi 5 weeks that will pass in no time.

Had docs this morning. Back on iron tablets. Hemoglobin and ferritin are dropping. Never phoned clinic... work is a bit of a nightmare today. .. or maybe I am just delaying...

I think that if you are delaying then there is a reason, you will know when it's the right time and when you can deal with it again:hugs:

Xxx

Aurora, I cried hysterically into my hubby's arms the day before pos and seeing ++. I was CONVINCED it didn't work and I'd ruined it. Those are just the hormones, Hun. Go with it;)

Ugh, days creep by. I'm so jealous of your hips, Emmi. Mine KILL. I can only sleep for 20 min stretches and 4 hrs a night. I feel so sick all the time. And my stomach muscles feel like they will tear any minute. I can hardly walk to the bathroom. 31+2 today! If I can go to 32 I will be ecstatic. So, while the desire to clean is there, unfortunately it won't happen. I can do one thing a day: either vacuum one room, or start the dishes, or start the laundry (and wait for hubby to lift basket for folding). So frustrating for a nesting lady! Nothing about this is easy, is it? You get what you asked for and feel like you're dying.

Oh Darling, really sounds so very tough:wacko: Cleaning is overrated so don't you worry about that, nesting is all very well but you are literally a nest for 3 precious baba's!! I am willing you to keep cooking them as long as need be and as long as possible. Am sure you are resting as much as possible but you are so nearly there.:hugs::hugs:

Xxx

Aurora - I agree with nobump I think we have to forget. I was totally taken by surprise about how hideous this all is this time around although I do now vaguely remember saying to DH at the end of last round that it wasnt as easy as he made it sound and I didnt know if I could do it all again. Sending you lost of love.

I have had a total meltdown this week and ended up just going to bed with a hot water bottle and crying - awful. However, I had acupuncture last night and feel much more like myself (although the me on IVF drugs unfortunately!) today. Transfer booked for Weds next week so just hoping that 2 of my frosties thaw ok.

Nobump - I think sometimes we delay because we aren't ready, just occasionally our hearts know better than our heads and I think both have to be aligned before tackling the next step when dealing with infertility.

Redbean - I think Emmi said it all. Just wishing the days away for you so that you can hold your three little miracles and know that they made it.

Amy lol I have an image of you bossing your adoring DH around!

Emmi - Can't wait to hear that you have met your little one in a few weeks time :)

xxx

Aurora - I agree with nobump I think we have to forget. I was totally taken by surprise about how hideous this all is this time around although I do now vaguely remember saying to DH at the end of last round that it wasnt as easy as he made it sound and I didnt know if I could do it all again. Sending you lost of love.

I have had a total meltdown this week and ended up just going to bed with a hot water bottle and crying - awful. However, I had acupuncture last night and feel much more like myself (although the me on IVF drugs unfortunately!) today. Transfer booked for Weds next week so just hoping that 2 of my frosties thaw ok.

Nobump - I think sometimes we delay because we aren't ready, just occasionally our hearts know better than our heads and I think both have to be aligned before tackling the next step when dealing with infertility.

Redbean - I think Emmi said it all. Just wishing the days away for you so that you can hold your three little miracles and know that they made it.

Amy lol I have an image of you bossing your adoring DH around!

Emmi - Can't wait to hear that you have met your little one in a few weeks time :)

xxx

Aww Lizzie, we have all been there, tears flow throughout this hideous process. I had so many wobbles and was so emotional, it's a tough tough journey. I hope your embies thaw beautifully and you have some fighters that will get you that bfp. Keep busy and do lots of wonderful nurturing things to keep you as positive as possible.

You have a cheerleading squad honey and am doing some real fabulous moves for you...... well sort off..... more gorilla like with my big belly:happydance:

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->