July 2014 IVF Buddies

Haha, too funny, Amy.

I'm not a sweets gal, but I do dig on some swine, so turning away the bacon has been hard. That's what got me into this mess, though. I was just so worried about not gaining weight that I ate every fatty thing I could find. So I guess the lesson is, eat healthy while pg! It will come back to haunt you.

I feel sooooo premenstrual... I don't remember that from last time's down-regging but I am really crampy (as if AF was here) and dear lord my BOOBS! :haha: Does anyone else remember down-regging making AF more brutal? She's due tomo but from the cramps I'd swear I was a day or two in !

Yes! I remember that. No fun. I also had those cramps throughout most of the first trimester... I just got used to constantly feeling premenstrual. Joy of joys.

AF on DR was brutal I bleed a lot heavier and had cocodomol to hand.

Xx

Aurora i started on CD1 this time and omg did I panic thinking DRegging was even worse than i remembered but as soon as AF finished things improved. i think the combo makes AF symptoms worse - sending you cheerleading and hugs to get you through the next couple of days xxx

Aurora and Lizzie: Good luck getting through all the injections and D-regging. You're on your way! I think I felt pre-menstrual through the first couple weeks after the egg transfer.

Amy: I'm still on the endless progesterone shots. My bum is lumpy, bumpy, bruised, and hard as a rock on both sides. Sexy! RE says I might be able to start weaning off around 10 weeks.

Emmi: Sorry to hear about the GD. Like you say, at least it forces the healthy eating. I could definitely go for Redbean's bacon AND the nutella, but I'm going to try to think "spinach".

Good to hear everyone's updates and fx to everyone for healthy deliveries, healthy bodies, and lucky cycles. So, Redbean has three girls, Emmi, you have a boy?, and Amy, who do you have in there?

Bebe - do you heat the injection sites afterwards? That helped a lot with the lumps. For the worst ones, we sometimes massaged, heated, and then massaged again. That usually did the trick. I don't envy you.

I just ate some spinach! It was not as good as bacon or Nutella, though I did enjoy it.

We don't know gender... Excited for the surprise.

Update on me: We had our repeat ultrasound this morning to see if my placenta previa had resolved, and it has not. The doctor said it would take a miracle for it to move at this point. So, it'll be a c-section between 36 and 37 weeks. Lots of mixed emotions about that, but at least the baby is doing great. So it looks like I'll have a mid-March baby! That's, like, really soon.

Aw Amy, glad that baby is healthy but sad/disappointed for you if a C really wasn't what you wanted. Hugs...

Thanks for the info and support you guys :)

Amy, that's a bummer. I had a Previa that resolved,and my sister has one that probably won't. They are no fun. Be careful w yourself!

Ugh, injections! I really don't miss the bruises and bumps w those, though I'd take them over hemorrhoids any day:) I found icing or heating worked well, too.

So, I got admitted to L&D tonight. I was vomiting and had loose stools, then cramping and back pain set in, so I went in. Initially they treated me as though I had a stomach virus and was going to send me home, so I pushed for further evaluation. Sure enough, within the hr my contractions got excruciating. No change to my 1 cm, 80% effacement though, luckily. Now on Procardia to slow labor. I feel like complete s@&t. Still vomiting bc I refuse to take Zofran, which creates bowel blockages, and haven't eaten or had water since lunch yesterday. Lovely.

Oh Redbean: I hope you're feeling better soon. Glad they've got you under observation and that effacement hasn't changed. I hope things settle down and you can eat and drink again soon! Hopefully this is just a preview of the maternity ward. :hugs:

Amy: Sorry to hear about the previa. I had a mild placenta previa with DD and had three bleeding episodes that were not serious but were scary. The first one was from just pushing a heavy shopping cart. I spent a day or two in the maternity ward with the first two episodes. The third bleed was after full term and they went ahead and delivered. So, even though we had a scheduled C-section, I had a surprise 3am C-section delivery. I was basically on the same timeline as you (July IVF) and she was born mid-March, 2 weeks before early April due date. I had hoped for a regular delivery (took the classes and everything) but the C-section wasn't bad. I hope that your PP doesn't cause any complications. Take things easy and let DH do the heavy lifting!

AFM: Thanks for the advice on heating and massage. Maybe I'll get a heating pad. When I do a little more walking/exercise that seems to help too.

Redbean! Keep us posted. I hope they succeed in slowing labor and helping you feel better, too. It's hard to feel human when you're nauseuos and vomiting.

Thinking of you!!!

Aurora and Lizzie: Good luck getting through all the injections and D-regging. You're on your way! I think I felt pre-menstrual through the first couple weeks after the egg transfer.

Amy: I'm still on the endless progesterone shots. My bum is lumpy, bumpy, bruised, and hard as a rock on both sides. Sexy! RE says I might be able to start weaning off around 10 weeks.

Emmi: Sorry to hear about the GD. Like you say, at least it forces the healthy eating. I could definitely go for Redbean's bacon AND the nutella, but I'm going to try to think "spinach".

Good to hear everyone's updates and fx to everyone for healthy deliveries, healthy bodies, and lucky cycles. So, Redbean has three girls, Emmi, you have a boy?, and Amy, who do you have in there?

Ha, but spinach is a super food and have eaten loads of it over the ivf and these last few months.

I had the messy suppositories to deal with, it was such a relief when I came off them at 12 weeks. But it's all for a good cause:happydance: How are you doing??? Really hope that all is fabulous:hugs:

Yep, a little man is on it's way to me, I have been having a blast buying all the cutie little boy's clothes out there, just adorable.

Xxx

Bebe - do you heat the injection sites afterwards? That helped a lot with the lumps. For the worst ones, we sometimes massaged, heated, and then massaged again. That usually did the trick. I don't envy you.

I just ate some spinach! It was not as good as bacon or Nutella, though I did enjoy it.

We don't know gender... Excited for the surprise.

Update on me: We had our repeat ultrasound this morning to see if my placenta previa had resolved, and it has not. The doctor said it would take a miracle for it to move at this point. So, it'll be a c-section between 36 and 37 weeks. Lots of mixed emotions about that, but at least the baby is doing great. So it looks like I'll have a mid-March baby! That's, like, really soon.

Ahhhh Love, I can understand the mixed feelings but as long as Baba is doing good and it's for the best for little one, then I guess it's going with it. Mid March, well we maybe in the maternity ward at the same time:hugs:

Xxx

Amy, that's a bummer. I had a Previa that resolved,and my sister has one that probably won't. They are no fun. Be careful w yourself!

Ugh, injections! I really don't miss the bruises and bumps w those, though I'd take them over hemorrhoids any day:) I found icing or heating worked well, too.

So, I got admitted to L&D tonight. I was vomiting and had loose stools, then cramping and back pain set in, so I went in. Initially they treated me as though I had a stomach virus and was going to send me home, so I pushed for further evaluation. Sure enough, within the hr my contractions got excruciating. No change to my 1 cm, 80% effacement though, luckily. Now on Procardia to slow labor. I feel like complete s@&t. Still vomiting bc I refuse to take Zofran, which creates bowel blockages, and haven't eaten or had water since lunch yesterday. Lovely.

Gosh, how are you doing now??? Poor you, really hope that everything is settling down a wee bit?? You must feel a bit grim Honey but really hoping that things have settled:hugs: And I so don't blame you for taking Zofran, sounds hideous!!

Xxx

Quick update from me: oh the irony of being four days late for my period for the first time ever. Even pregnancy hasn't stopped AF before, she always turns up like a very bad penny. But now, when I desperately need her to cleanse away my lining so that my IVF can stick to schedule (as my clinic closes for a month in late Feb) she's nowhere to be seen. And just to reiterate, I'm definitely not pregnant. Sadly. Although I keep dreaming that, I wake to stark white FRER BFNs. My body hates me. Which I guess means I hate myself? Bah. IVF sucks. Infertility sucks.

Ok it was good to get that out! How's everyone today? Thinking of you Redbean x

Redbean - how are you doing? Hope that they have managed to slow labour?

Aurora - rant away hon!! Have just done a little "AF dance" for you so hopefully she is now on her way ;)

It looks like the procardia is working and they'll send me home w meds on bed rest. I did an ffn test which tells me that it's not likely I'll deliver in the next ten days, but ppl still sometimes do, esp w multiples. Still, every day counts. I just can't imagine doing this all over again. The contractions were horrible, but the hospital monitoring has been worse. 24 hrs without any calories for a triple pg lady?? Sitting in the same uncomfortable position for days when you're nauseuos, contracting, and all joints hurt? Ugh. It wasn't a fun weekend, for sure. But so glad babies are doing well.

Aurora, my period was late when I started my cycle too! It finally came when I'd given up being on the schedule I'd planned. I think it's Mother Nature's way of saying, "F you, I'm in charge here." Lol. Try to distract yourself. She will show.

Redbean: SO glad you got to head home. Hang in there! I hope everything has settled down for a little while!

Aurora: Are you stimming soon?

Redbean how are you now?

Emmi and Amy good to here your making good progress.

Bebe and auroa anymore updates?

AFM feeling down now cd12 and still spotting. ... gynaecologist on Monday said only solution to heavy painful periods is contraception or continue taking meds I currently take with not much success. Nor sure I am ready to hang up the towel just yet on things. Also constant baby talk in work is annoying. No escape. To many new or expectant parents around.

Supposed to have counsellingssession today but with all the snow mot sure I want to drive anywhere.... 100 mile round trip doesn't sound like a good idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->