• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July 2014 IVF Buddies

So, am 36 weeks today and have a scan tomorrow, am so hoping that the consultant gives me a date now!! I think it will be in 2 weeks time but we will see. All feeling very real now and am all over the place emotionally, lucky lucky hubby!!

How are you doing Amy??

Xxx

Bebe the weekend must have been incredibly difficult. How is Dh coping? Glad that you are starting to feel a bit more like yourself and having a bit of closure makes sense x

Emmi, you nutcase I thought there had been a posting party going on with so many new ones then I find out its you on your own lol! Oh my god you are like totally having a baby lol. I'm not surprised your emotions are all over the place. Hope you do get your date tomorrow (be sure to let us know) but I can't believe its really only a matter of days now! Thanks for the sage advice :hugs:

Amy, how are you doing? Do you have a date yet? I don't know why but I always think of you as being incredibly calm about everything. It must be the way that you write. Thanks for your comments they have really helped.

Have calmed down a bit tonight, as Amy said I'm not bleeding yet (touch wood), I needed a nap when I got in from work and felt quite nauseous when I got up. Spent my commute chattering away to both Minnie and mo trying to persuade them to stick with us as we want them so much so hopefully they have listened. Yes I did tell Dh this morning. He is not a man who is good with words or emotions but I got several cuddles and kisses and he is being so lovely to me tonight

Nobump, it can't be long until your holiday now, is it the end of this week?

Redbean, hope you are doing okish and starting to feel a bit better.

Aurora :hugs:

I am on holiday just now. Flew out Sunday. Weather good. Having a relaxing time. AF still lingering day 12.

Bebe hugs to you, you are being very strong.

Lizzie think some men are not good at showing emotion. Cuddles are always good.

Emmi how exciting.

Xxxx

Just checking in to say thanks so much for everything - all the kind words, virtual hugs and amazing understanding. I'm really thinking of you all too and will be a bit more personal in a few days when I'm a bit more focused. Sorry to be self-absorbed but I do love you all! Xxx

Aurora - There is nothing self-absorbed about taking care of yourself at a time like this! You should be 100% focused on yourself, doing what you need to do to stay afloat. You can post 100 more times about yourself and we will not think you are self-absorbed. On the 101th, though, you'd better ask how we're all doing. :)

Bebe - I understand the feeling of closure after the procedure. Hope that feeling continues to propel you forward, and also I hope you'll take some time to pamper yourself once you're totally physically recovered.

Lizzie - Have I mentioned that I'm excited for you?? I'm so glad you told your husband. With mine, it's been a slow process of him getting more emotionally expressive about it. He was fantastically supportive from the start, but it's been really cute to watch him absorb the reality and get more excited as we get closer. Pregnancy can bring out emotion even in the least expressive of men!

Emmi - 2 weeks! Ah! Crazy how soon it is.

Today we met the doctor who will be doing my c-section. We really liked him... he's very positive and calming. He wants to aim for March 16-18, which is right before week 37, to give baby's lungs the most time possible before the placenta would likely start becoming problematic. However, if I start spotting, he'd want to do it a bit sooner. He agreed with us that March 14 would be the coolest birthday (Pi day AND Einstein's birthday), and even though it's a Saturday, he said he'd make it happen if I'm spotting at all. :) So, sometime in the next week, we'll be reserving a date between the 16 and 18th, with the understanding that it'll be moved up if necessary.

I'm on my last week and a half of teaching before starting maternity leave on the 9th. I'm still feeling mostly ok, but it'll be nice to be able to loll around with my feet up all day, and not have to worry about what to do if I start bleeding during school.

Redbean - If you want to ship one of the three babies to me in Oregon, I can help between the 9th and my c-section. Fed-Ex?

Aurora - what Amy said although Im meaner and might expect you to say hello on the 99th post ;) We love ya, be as "me me me" as you need to be right now x

No bump - 12 day AF oh my goodness, i'm so sorry it hasnt gone away in time for you to enjoy your holiday without it!

Amy - thank you. DH is already being happy and excited in his own way, he is being very caring and mustered up enough words to ask about a scan date last night. he seemed perturbed that it wasnt already booked lol. I tried to explain that if everything is ok with the clinic test tomorrow then we get to book the scan. He is obviously thinking about it a lot which is lovely. i really wouldnt have him any other way. Oh my goodness that window of dates for you is so close!! Are you excited, nervous or both?

I'm so scared about tomorrow's test!

xxx

I'm very excited and only a little bit nervous. I'd be terribly nervous if I were going into labor in a normal way, but the c-section has so many less variables. There are risks, of course, and my nervousness comes from the possibility that the placenta previa will cause excess bleeding either before or during surgery, but it'll be in the doctor's hands and they're prepared for it.

I'm very, very excited to bring home a baby. I still can't believe that that's going to happen.

Lizzie, good luck on the test!!

Redbean, any updates on your condition?

Amy I hope all goes well wirh your c section. Hope you have support in place for afterwards.

Think all my moans about AF is not helping DH... need to learn to stol going into details. ..

He has just revealed my birthday treat a weekend in nice. So pleased... didn't want a big family party for my 40th. But part of me thinking if we decide to do another round of ivf then we need to wait until May.

X

Aw No Bump that sounds lovely but also yes we have to plan our blooming lives around blooming IVF don't we?

Emmi, what's the outcome/date? Exciting!

Amy lol I can imagine it must be an odd feeling. hoping you dont have complications and will be home quickly after the C section.

Nobump lol I long ago stopped giving DH details he is actually more supportive the less that i tell him! Nice surprise but yes it probably does need planning around your next cycle.

Did my many tests this morning. Got a positive on my Clinic HPT although it was faint. Got positives with clear blue and clearblue conception indicator although that only said 1-2 weeks not 2-3 like it should so still worried by that. Also got positive on FRER and it looks darker than the last two I think so maybe I did have a dodgy batch. I feel a long way away from being out of the woods but I have believed it enough to call my clinic and am waiting for them to call me back. Will upload the FRER pic in a second, today's is the bottom one.image.jpg

Ladies
I'm so sorry I'm behind on the news and posts. Life is a bit insane w pumping every two hrs (I can't sleep in between knowing I have to get up so tired), visiting the girls in the NICU and dealing w healing. My cankles are enormous and driving me nuts! But I am home now so trying to settle in to a routine. It would be much easier if I could drive myself places.

Lizzie I'm so excited for you! So far so good. Keep being positive. These are the hardest days bc they are so emotional.

Emmi exciting days so soon ahead!

Amy I wish I could outsource pumping to you instead of a baby:) pumping seems it will be the hardest part of all this. How will I fit it in?? Seems like you are well on your way to being very busy yourself.

Hugs to aurora. Hugs hugs hugs.

oh my goodness redbean I hadnt even thought about all that pumping! When do you think you will be bringing the girls home?

Maybe im on track then because i just want to cry today! Not how I thought I would feel.
Do any of you ladies know whether it is safe to fly short haul during the first few weeks? We were planning to go to Mallorca next weekend for a few days and flights are booked as it didnt occur to me we would get a BFP. I think its ok but wondered if any of you havd come up against the same thing.

Hello Y'all, hope everyone is doing good today!!

Lizzie, all looking so bloody exciting!! So happy for you, need to keep that bean ultra sticky. It's all so daunting but keep on talking to them embies, I used to sing to mine ;-)
I used one step cheapy amazon tests strips and they were great, didn't break the bank and would use them twice a day before my first scan. The lines would vary but there was always a line!!

About flying, speak to Care. Personally I wouldn't but that's just me, I was just wanting to make sure that embi burrowed good and proper.

No bump, hope that you are having a wonderful holiday and what a great birthday present. It's a good sign if you are thinking about another round of ivf, it means you are ready and we will be cheering you on.

Aurora, thinking of you Darling. No words to help at the moment but I truly feel for you. Nowt wrong with being self absorbed, this journey is a bugger of one!!! Big hugs.

Amy, can't believe that you are still working!! My full time job is a beached whale!!! So exciting as you are so close too!! 14th March would be a fabulous day to enter the world but no matter when, it's going to be amazing!! It's incredible to think it's just around the corner.

Ahhhh Redbean, thinking of you..... You must be exhausted, really hope that you are bearing up???

So, I had my scan yesterday!! Baba is already estimated at 36 weeks 6lb 8!! So all looking good with weight. Consultant has booked me in for 12th March when I will be 38 weeks, because of my gestational diabetes, age and IVF, they want me to be induced early. Am all over the place at the moment, it's all happening all of a sudden. Mothers day is the 15th so would be magical to be a mummy before.

Xxx

So awesome! Wow! And you're already a mummy, but I know what you mean. :hugs:

Guys, am I still in? My bleeding stopped. Should there be more progression /should I keep my expectations low?

Would help to include the pic! It's just this one has fatter lines (eg the control line is darker too) rather than any progression, right? It's not lighter , is it? But should be darker if a viable pregnancy?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 12
Oh my God Aurora, that's bloody incredible!!! I was so hung up on needing lines to be darker but it never happened, and look at me!!! All I see is a whole load of positives!!!! You may have had strong implantation bleeding or you just maybe a bleeder, a good friend of mine is bleeding on and off but Baba is fine at 20 weeks.

When is your OTD??

Xxx

Oh thanks Emmi, you really think I'm still in? I stopped bleeding yesterday actually so do now believe it was implantation (obviously Flopsy and/or Mopsy have been up to something!!) but thought I needed much stronger progression for this to be considered viable - was presuming its just a matter of time before the lines fade? I'm cramping a lot still so still very (very very) scared... Did you post your FRERs on this thread? I will go back to try to see your piccies if so!

DH doesn't want me to test again for a couple of days. As if... :haha:

OTD is Monday. I will be 18'dpo' then. No blood tests or anything though. Just more POAS!

Oh thanks Emmi, you really think I'm still in? I stopped bleeding yesterday actually so do now believe it was implantation (obviously Flopsy and/or Mopsy have been up to something!!) but thought I needed much stronger progression for this to be considered viable - was presuming its just a matter of time before the lines fade? I'm cramping a lot still so still very (very very) scared... Did you post your FRERs on this thread? I will go back to try to see your piccies if so!

DH doesn't want me to test again for a couple of days. As if... :haha:

OTD is Monday. I will be 18'dpo' then. No blood tests or anything though. Just more POAS!

Honestly Honey, I was paranoid about the lines needing to be darker and spent hours googling tests and lines!! A line is a line, as long as they don't disappear then all good. And ironically, the tests from my clinic were really crap, the faintest line possible which would make you panic if you didn't know any better.

You may have 2 burrowing in there so hence all the bleeding.

I didn't post any on here which is a shame as you would see pretty clearly what I mean. Just hang on in there, the thought of you and Lizzie both being pregnant is just bloody amazing!!!!!!!!:hugs:

Xxx

Oooohhh Aurora!! Don't have any glasses of wine just yet!! :wink wink:

Lizzie, Aurora - Hang in there till OTD!! :) Lizzie is your OTD today? I think the fact that they put multiple embies in there always throws off us IVF gals. You never know with bleeding, FRER lines, strange betas, etc. if it's just one emby slowing down while the other implants just fine.

Redbean: So glad you're home now! Well, all that pumping will help your physical recovery at least (as far as shrinking that uterus back down). The first weeks are total chaos! With DD we made endless records of pumping, feeding, pee/poo diapers, etc. and promptly kept losing them, deleting them from the phone. . . .

Emmi, Amy: So close!!! Amy, your LO might have the same birthdate as my DD; she's a St. Patrick's Day baby - March 17.

oh my goodness redbean I hadnt even thought about all that pumping! When do you think you will be bringing the girls home?

Maybe im on track then because i just want to cry today! Not how I thought I would feel.
Do any of you ladies know whether it is safe to fly short haul during the first few weeks? We were planning to go to Mallorca next weekend for a few days and flights are booked as it didnt occur to me we would get a BFP. I think its ok but wondered if any of you havd come up against the same thing.

Not only did I fly, I spent an entire week at a conference and even hiked 6 miles in the August heat! Once they are in there, only a predisposed abnormality or abuse of alcohol/substances are going to mess w it. In other words, short of getting punched in the gut, there's nothing really you can or can't do other than trying to be calm, happy and healthy to change things. Taking a vacation sounds like it might help in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->