July 2014 IVF Buddies

Thanks, ladies! You are amazing.

Here's to implantation bleeding! I'm praying it is.

Aurora, I'm sending positive thoughts your way! Fingers crossed.

Redbean - So, so, so happy for you! I hope your recovery starts getting much easier. I'm more worried about constipation post-c-section than anything else. :-/ May you pass gas soon!

Ok ladies, I've been testing for a week and getting positives so have been out and bought a selection of different brands to use in the morning. If I still have dark lines on the frer I'm going to try to believe that this isn't a chemical and will tell Dh. Terrified!! Tomorrow will be 13dp3dt so even though otd isn't until Thursday that has to be long enough!

Aurora, I really hope this isn't too insensitive chick, if it is feel free to say so and I'll pipe down until we know that flopsy and mopsy are still ok xxx

Ah lizzie that is fab news. Thought you had been to quiet. So pleased. How have you managed not to say anything to your DH? Im sure he'll be thrilled.

Xxx

Not at all, dollface. I'll be shouting from the rooftops for ya!!! <3 :friends: <3

Thanks both.

Nobump I'm just not convinced it isn't going to fade away yet and didn't want to upset him again xxx

Redbean: Wow!! Congratulations!! Those are beautiful names. It must be such a relief to have them all on the other side and doing well. So amazing!! Is it hard trying to breastfeed the three? I hope they're taking good care of you in the hospital. Do they allow you to stay for a while?

Aurora: So hoping that spotting is implantation or one of those weird but not uncommon things that happen at this early stage during pregnancy. This process is so hard and all ups and downs the whole way. FX for you.

Lizzie: Hope you're managing to avoid Google and hang in there. I don't take any of my own advice but at least work kept me a little more busy this last time.

Nobump: Thinking of you. I hope you can get a little respite from thinking about it and find a little relaxation and renewal.

AFM: D&C was today. This weekend was a little hard emotionally, but the procedure today wasn't too bad all-in-all. Maybe because they gave me lots of drugs to relax me before the anesthesia. DH is picking up my prescription pain relievers for tonight. I think the hardest part was the last U/s where we got the bad news. I tried to think of today as moving forward for the one last round that we will do.

Ok ladies, I've been testing for a week and getting positives so have been out and bought a selection of different brands to use in the morning. If I still have dark lines on the frer I'm going to try to believe that this isn't a chemical and will tell Dh. Terrified!! Tomorrow will be 13dp3dt so even though otd isn't until Thursday that has to be long enough!

Aurora, I really hope this isn't too insensitive chick, if it is feel free to say so and I'll pipe down until we know that flopsy and mopsy are still ok xxx

Lizzie: Just saw your update! FANTASTIC!!!! You are pg - so exciting!!!:happy dance: I did the same thing - kept it to myself a bit before I told DH.

Bebe, I'm impressed with your positivity on d&c day! Glad the procedure wasn't bad, and you're right, it's a step forward.

Redbean, I second Bebe's question: are you attempting breastfeeding? It seems like it'll be an all-consuming process with just one baby. I can't imagine three. Hope you're not feeling pressured in one direction or the other.

Aurora, how are things?

Lizzie! Yay!!!!

Bebe, I hope you're not being stoic for our sakes. If you happen to be upset, roar away. If not, perhaps you are very focused on moving forward? That is great if you can do that. If not, totally fine too.

Aurora, has the bleeding worsened or light lightened?

AFM, I am breastfeeding all three, but I only do it three times a day so that I get skin time w each girl. Otherwise it would be too much. Obviously I can't really do it unless I have help, so that's a factor. Right now I'm just trying to get my milk to come in.

So, it seems I have postpartum preeclampsia. I was worried this would happen. My BP shot up right after delivery and then came down w medication, but now all the sudden it's up and and staying. I had a headache yesterday and I've been seeing spots so I'm back on medication. So far no change. I may have to stay in hospital on a mag drip one more day. I'm mostly just worried that I'll be too sick to take care of these girls. I already feel I can't keep up w their progress, and this will only slow mine. And I'm really worried that I'll be holding a babe one day and have a seizure or worse a stroke. Ugh, here's to the best for each of us. &#55357;&#56833;

Bleeding worsened, test lightened. My life is a TTC version of Groundhog Day. Four chemicals in 18 months. No more money so that's the end of it. Plus there's clearly no point. My body won't stop killing it's babies, or my babies all have some inbuilt self-destruct. I've had all the tests there are, so until there are new scientific breakthroughs nothing is going to help. Best of luck to everyone else on your journeys. And massive hugs for Lizzie, I'm so thrilled for you, sweetheart :kiss:

Redbean, so sorry that everything that can be thrown at you is thrown at you. i can completely understand why you are worried and just want to be well enough to look after your beautiful girls. Hoping that the medication does get you back on track quickly and other than that i feel useless!

Bebe - I too hope you aren't putting a brave face on things for us. If you want to rant and rave please do! I think you are doing amazingly well through something heartbreaking xxx

Aurora - i just dont know what to say sweetie, I'm so sorry that it hasnt worked, that science is letting you down and that we are so dependent upon money for how many chances we can have at something so priceless. Im crying for you :(

As for me, I was worried i was going to jinx things by talking about it and am now terrified that's true. Tested this morning and got a BFP on a clearblue, a clearblue digital and a FRER but the FRER was more like the like I had on 9dp3dt not the most recent one on 11dp3dt so now i'm scared and upset that it is still going to be a chemical but just a later one. I've tried to tell myself that maybe this batch of FRERs just has a different dye concentration but its hard to believe. OTD is Thursday so I guess I'll keep hanging on. I'm sleepy, still have backache and some mild cramping in my stomach and feel dizzy and a little tiny bit nauseous but am so scared that my HCG levels are going down not up. This is our last chance so i'm praying that minnie and/or mo is in there still fighting.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131430100@N04/16632634385/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131430100@N04/16632635385/

Lizzie, pay no attention to lighter lines. Not only do batches vary, but your hormone concentrations vary. Unless you're bleeding, assume all is well. Have you told your hubby yet???

Aurora dear, I'm so sorry. You have been so wonderfully supportive throughout all of our journeys and you deserve the ending you want. I cannot imagine your frustration and heartbreak at having this same result over and over. I'll keep thinking of you as you find your path forward. Come and update us if you feel up to it. Hugs.

Redbean, I know women who have gone through postpartum preeclampsia and it was a struggle for a while, but with no lingering effect on how they could care for their babies. Get lots of help for as long as you need it. I'm sure it feels like you're falling behind, but you're doing great things for these girls' early development and you will be fully strong and capable soon enough. Take care of yourself! It's scary stuff, but you will get past it just like you've gotten past every other struggle along the way.

Emmi and Amy: You are both up soon!!! Are you getting excited/nervous???

Lizzie: IVF is so stressful. You feel like you can never relax. Amy's right though, the lines can vary a bit. Everything crossed for a great beta on Thursday.

Redbean: You have had the most exceptional pregnancy circumstances, but you have done a great time managing and you are doing an amazing job with those sweet little girls. Do you have help from family or anyone when you get home? I hope you can call in every favor!

Aurora: Oh sweetie, I am so, so sorry. This process is so unfair, mentally, physically, and financially. How maddening that they can't identify a scientific reason and way to address this recurring problem. Sending you lots of hugs. Take the time you need to take care of yourself.

AFM: Doing alright today. Knock on wood, I haven't had any pain/cramping. For me, it really was hardest a couple weeks ago when we found out. It's really awful to feel pregnant (and technically be pregnant) but know it's not viable, no heartbeat, etc. I've had a couple weeks to process it. This weekend was also hard to have to re-face it and because I didn't know what to expect with the procedure. I'm tired now and still recovering, but I feel better (more like my usual self) and it's actually good to have some closure. I go in next Monday to check my HCG levels and make sure they are going down like they are supposed to.

I had such a good feeling about you Honey and am so hoping that there is the stickiest of beans in there. :hugs: So very exciting but I know how nerve wracking it is, all such a bloody rollercoaster.

Xxx

Lizzie! Yay!!!!

Bebe, I hope you're not being stoic for our sakes. If you happen to be upset, roar away. If not, perhaps you are very focused on moving forward? That is great if you can do that. If not, totally fine too.

Aurora, has the bleeding worsened or light lightened?

AFM, I am breastfeeding all three, but I only do it three times a day so that I get skin time w each girl. Otherwise it would be too much. Obviously I can't really do it unless I have help, so that's a factor. Right now I'm just trying to get my milk to come in.

So, it seems I have postpartum preeclampsia. I was worried this would happen. My BP shot up right after delivery and then came down w medication, but now all the sudden it's up and and staying. I had a headache yesterday and I've been seeing spots so I'm back on medication. So far no change. I may have to stay in hospital on a mag drip one more day. I'm mostly just worried that I'll be too sick to take care of these girls. I already feel I can't keep up w their progress, and this will only slow mine. And I'm really worried that I'll be holding a babe one day and have a seizure or worse a stroke. Ugh, here's to the best for each of us. &#65533;&#65533;

Crikey, you really are going through it but I think you are just being amazing. Most women really wouldn't be coping but wow, hat's off to you. I just really help that you get better real soon and the little ones are doing good. One day at a time as I always tell myself.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Xxx

Bleeding worsened, test lightened. My life is a TTC version of Groundhog Day. Four chemicals in 18 months. No more money so that's the end of it. Plus there's clearly no point. My body won't stop killing it's babies, or my babies all have some inbuilt self-destruct. I've had all the tests there are, so until there are new scientific breakthroughs nothing is going to help. Best of luck to everyone else on your journeys. And massive hugs for Lizzie, I'm so thrilled for you, sweetheart :kiss:

Ahhhh Honey, I am so very sorry, words fail me when life seems so very cruel. I guess I always believe in miracles but of course it's getting a balance of getting on with life to.

Big virtual hugs to you :hugs::hugs:

Xxx

Redbean, so sorry that everything that can be thrown at you is thrown at you. i can completely understand why you are worried and just want to be well enough to look after your beautiful girls. Hoping that the medication does get you back on track quickly and other than that i feel useless!

Bebe - I too hope you aren't putting a brave face on things for us. If you want to rant and rave please do! I think you are doing amazingly well through something heartbreaking xxx

Aurora - i just dont know what to say sweetie, I'm so sorry that it hasnt worked, that science is letting you down and that we are so dependent upon money for how many chances we can have at something so priceless. Im crying for you :(

As for me, I was worried i was going to jinx things by talking about it and am now terrified that's true. Tested this morning and got a BFP on a clearblue, a clearblue digital and a FRER but the FRER was more like the like I had on 9dp3dt not the most recent one on 11dp3dt so now i'm scared and upset that it is still going to be a chemical but just a later one. I've tried to tell myself that maybe this batch of FRERs just has a different dye concentration but its hard to believe. OTD is Thursday so I guess I'll keep hanging on. I'm sleepy, still have backache and some mild cramping in my stomach and feel dizzy and a little tiny bit nauseous but am so scared that my HCG levels are going down not up. This is our last chance so i'm praying that minnie and/or mo is in there still fighting.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131430100@N04/16632634385/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131430100@N04/16632635385/

Before my viability scan, I took a test twice a day as I was that scared and bonkers. I can tell you even when I had seen little Peanut, some lines were really feint!! It's just the way it is so don't get too hung up on it honey, a line is indeed a line.:hugs:

Xxx

Emmi and Amy: You are both up soon!!! Are you getting excited/nervous???

Lizzie: IVF is so stressful. You feel like you can never relax. Amy's right though, the lines can vary a bit. Everything crossed for a great beta on Thursday.

Redbean: You have had the most exceptional pregnancy circumstances, but you have done a great time managing and you are doing an amazing job with those sweet little girls. Do you have help from family or anyone when you get home? I hope you can call in every favor!

Aurora: Oh sweetie, I am so, so sorry. This process is so unfair, mentally, physically, and financially. How maddening that they can't identify a scientific reason and way to address this recurring problem. Sending you lots of hugs. Take the time you need to take care of yourself.

AFM: Doing alright today. Knock on wood, I haven't had any pain/cramping. For me, it really was hardest a couple weeks ago when we found out. It's really awful to feel pregnant (and technically be pregnant) but know it's not viable, no heartbeat, etc. I've had a couple weeks to process it. This weekend was also hard to have to re-face it and because I didn't know what to expect with the procedure. I'm tired now and still recovering, but I feel better (more like my usual self) and it's actually good to have some closure. I go in next Monday to check my HCG levels and make sure they are going down like they are supposed to.

Huge hugs to you:hugs:, all so very unfair and sad. I do know what you are going through and it's so hard and tough:cry: Hugs to you, rest up and look after yourself.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->