* July 2015 bump buddies *

Tbh I don't think I would worry about getting a 4d scan again!

I wasn't that overwhelmed by it really!

I suppose it depends why you're doing the scan. Some people want to see what baby looks like. But if you want reassurance that everything is ok, that bit doesn't matter so much :shrug:

Just found a local clinic that does a scan covering all costs for £99. That seems a bit on the expensive side to me??

Yes they vary a lot - the 1 I had at 7 weeks cost £90 3 years ago. When this clinic would have been only £50!

Hey ladies can I join? I'm due the 11th of July! We've been trying since my son was born pretty much ( or rather 6 weeks after) he turned two in October and we conceived 5 days later!! On the 6 year anniversary of the first time we met:) I had my bloods drawn at 17DPO- 503, 20 DPO- 1599, and 23DPO-4067. I had a silly ultra sound at 4weeks 6 days that I should have refused..... I was just a ball of emotions and wanted to see something!!! Of course they only saw the sac, but it measured 5 weeks so that was all good. I've been slightly sick on and off... I'd pay to have some insane symptoms lol. TMI- my nipples are tender, and I've been emotional... I think that catches me up a bit! I'm from Canada!

I'm from Bristol (uk) and private scans here are between £75-£100,
I'm really trying to convince OH to have one the week before Christmas, will be 9/10 weeks (I think) so we can announce at Christmas otherwise I'm going to have a very hard time trying to explain why I'm not drinking!

The way I think about it for me is that for about 10 months now I have brrn spending a lot of money on reflexology/ acupuncture / pre seed eyc which I hope to not have to spend any more ! So every so often £60 on a scan to put out minds at rest is quite reasonable!

I think I'm quite lucky having the private clinic so close charging only £60! It's strange because usually everything around here is so expensive ! I live in Kent if I didn't mention?! South east .
Welcome feb4th !! Nice to have a lady in Canada ! Your a little ahead of us- at least your early early scan showed all was as it should be x

I'm hoping for another ultrasound at 12 weeks... Since they haven't seen a heart beat yet... I imagine that will happen. Fingers crossed!! I'd love one on Christmas Eve! We have already told family and close friends. Only the people I would tell if I did MC, I figue it took us so long to get pregnant that I'm going to enjoy every second of it with the people I love! Do you have to pay for all scans in the Uk??

No we don't - we are talking about private scans which we can get when we want and pay for at a private clinic . Our national health service funds 2 scans in a healthy low risk pregnancy . One at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks x

Scan around Xmas would be amazing! We hope to have had an early scan at 7 weeks by then but won't be telling family etc till 12 weeks . That's the plan anyway :)

So today has been a no symptom day! I must admit I still don't believe it, I've just bought a digi test and will do it when OH is home later, just has not sunk in yet!

So today has been a no symptom day! I must admit I still don't believe it, I've just bought a digi test and will do it when OH is home later, just has not sunk in yet!

I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'm kind of worried because early on, like when I was just around 4 weeks and found out I was pregnant, I was feeling evening nausea and even once early morning on a long car ride. Since then though the nausea has all but disappeared. Then my breasts, which were tense, relaxed completely... Then the breasts came back again with very mild tenderness and being a tiny bit bigger and I've had some on and off mild cramping but apart from needing to go to bed much earlier than normal, I've had very few symptoms...

I just wish I could be *sure* there's something there!

Here in Ireland I'm going to get a private scan done at around 9 weeks and then the usual 12 week scan. That's it. So I have another 3/4 weeks of waiting and hoping.

My worst nightmare would be to find out that I've been thinking I'm x weeks pregnant when the pregnancy stopped a while back... not sure that's very common without a bleed, but I just hope that I don't get a bad surprise at the scan. I'm a big worrier so am not very relaxed about this process at all...

Calcifer sounds like you have a good plan there ! I understand the worry but it's best to try our hardest to relax! Easier said than done I know!
I've had a pretty symptomless day too- started off feeling a bit nauseous but I've kept that away by eating!

I have been getting heartburn quite a lot ! Sounds weird I knkw and I thought it was a coincidence but happened again today and is only eaten my muesli and a baby bell mid morning ! Xx

Yep still pregnant here!

I'm going to book in for a scan around 9/10 weeks as well I think :)

I do wonder about the nausea. I had it last week in the evenings but now it's only very mild if I get really tired. Otherwise nothing... Is it weird that has got better not worse?

I do wonder about the nausea. I had it last week in the evenings but now it's only very mild if I get really tired. Otherwise nothing... Is it weird that has got better not worse?

Not weird at all! Embrace it while it's not around, I've discovered coffee which I previously loved is the only thing that turns my stomach. This is the same as with DS1 so I'm not overly surprised!

Oh okay, that's the same as here too. Although we only have one private ultrasound clinic in a city of 300,000. I used it once last pregnancy at 8 weeks... I had lost all symptoms and was so worried.

Calcifer That's my worst fear too... I Just keep my fingers and toes crossed that my little one is safe and sound. It's perfectly normal for symptoms to come and go!

Hi K4th! I'm crossing over w you.

Just got in to see my doctor today, blood draw and positive u/a so now I feel official.
My levels should be back by Monday but that seems like forever. I have been second guessing everything. :wacko:
I live in Portland, Or and the only symptoms I have are sore bbs and some light cramping. Oh and I'm really thirsty.

Pinkee hello and welcome! We are all a little obsessed with symptomsl over here ! As much good as it's doing us !

I'm waking earlier an I think it's hunger/ nausea that's doing it! Getting hungry quicker and I'm not dealing with it as well as usual- have a clear urgency to eat but I can't say there's anything I really fancy! So I'm just eating to keep my body happy !

Told one of my mummy friends yesterday- I had talked to her all the time about ttc and things I was trying so I felt it ok to tell her . I know it won't go any further and now I have someone I can talk to other than hubby which I think will help me !

:hi: pinkee - glad your levels all look good!!

Symptom-wise I had very few yesterday & so of course I panicked for a short while. There's nothing I can do except wait though. My bbs are still sore if I give them a strong poke & this morning I had to get up at 4am to go to the loo. Don't think I've done that for years!!! Hoping it's a good sign. Still not sleeping very well either - I'm waking several times a night - going straight back to sleep after seeing the clock but it's making me feel exhausted in the day.

Fuschia - was it really exciting to tell someone else?? I'm bursting to in some ways but I'm such a private person I'd find it really difficult if lots of people knew & it didn't work out. Think we'll spill the beans after an early scan - just to close family.

Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday - with a few symptoms thrown in!!

I googled this :blush: and it seems lots of women have symptoms that come and go in the first tri. I'm trying to bear that in mind & relax. Easier said than done though!!

It was quite exciting yes - she was exited for me as she knows how long we have been trying and we would often sit and ponder what on earth was stopping it happening for me!

I have been back and had a look at the thread (bit like this one ) that I was part of with dd pregnancy and I was saying the same things about not having any symptoms some days . It's pretty normal I believe !

It's just at this stage we have nothing else to tell us everything is as it should be like scans etc so we grasp hold of symptoms as reassurance !

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"