July 2015 Mommies Group

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Hi girls!

I'm Poppy aka Paula (as some of you will know from the July Pregnancy group). I am 37 and have three children: Tristan who is 6 (nearly 7), Brannon who is 4 and Elysia, who is a month old! My family is now complete and I feel really blessed to have these three babies in my life.

I thought starting a July baby group would be a good way of keeping in contact with all the ladies I met in the July group and sharing our journeys, sharing advice etc.

Here are some photos of me and my family.

Attachments

• IMG_233218007018660.jpg
    IMG_233218007018660.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_233212686492535.jpg
    IMG_233212686492535.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_233267276763532.jpg
    IMG_233267276763532.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_233240815734479.jpg
    IMG_233240815734479.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2
:hi: checking in!

Thanks for the thread poppy :) your kids are gorgeous! How's elysia doing?

I'm Kath & I have dd (4) and ds (3 weeks). Ds completed our family & we're not planning any more.

I'm loving being a mummy of 2 <3 It's exhausting but so amazing! I'll be glad when dd starts school in 2 weeks though :haha:

Hello!!!! I'm Marissa. Mother of Olivia (5 1/2 weeks) and Abigail (3). Not sure what else to say at the moment lol

Also was in the July mama's group, glad to stick together and watch our babies grow!

I'm a first time mama to a sweet and very chunkybutt baby boy Gavin :D after a long ttc journey I'm so thankful to have my Babyvaughan in my arms! <3

Yay! A few of us already. How is everyone getting on? Elysia is five weeks today and is doing well. She is very bright and bubbly and has been smiling now for a few weeks, she is probably really entertained by her two big brothers! I have noticed her this week going from newborn stage of just eating, crying and sleeping to being much more observant of her surroundings and interested in watching things.

After initial slow weight gain, she has started to pick up well and a few days ago was a couple of ounces off ten pounds. She was born heavy (9 pounds 7) and about the 91st percentile and has been following the 75th for a few weeks now, which I think is her finding the pattern of where she is meant to naturally be. My oldest son did this - born at the 95thish percentile and has pretty much followed the 75th since then.

Being a mum of three is fun but really busy. I'm just getting used to the school run with three in tow! My youngest boy has just started the school nursery after a few years at private nursery whilst I was working (two days a week). He seemed to enjoy it. In Scotland, if your child turns four in January or February, you can decide whether to put them in early to school that year or defer them a year, which I've decided to do as I don't think he's quite ready for school yet. I think an extra year at nursery will help him with skills and confidence. My eldest son has just gone into primary three.

Busy times!

Glad you're doing well Paula!! Any tips for that school run?? Dd has one more week off & then she starts school. Can't believe she's such a big girl!!

We're doing well too. Ds is now 9lbs 11oz & has grown out of his newborn stuff. He's such a cutie & is mostly well settled & enjoys his sleeping & feeding! We do have some unsettled evenings but on the whole he's good as gold. We're just starting to get some smiles at 4 weeks which is SO rewarding - and he really looks at us now rather than having that "looking through you" feel.

He is our last baby (that's the plan anyway :haha: ) and I've been looking for people to give all my newborn & maternity stuff to. Just found out that I'm going to be an aunty for the first time in January!! :) very excited that ds will be getting a playmate & that I can give away the piles of stuff in the spare room to my sister :haha:

Hope everyone else is doing well!! :)

Hello! I've finally made it over here. Thanks for sharing the link, k4th.

I'm Alea and I'm mum to Maisie, who is now 2 months old and doing well.

We've had an exciting weekend here. Yesterday was mine and Adam's anniversary and I'm still in shock writing this, but we are now engaged! I couldn't believe it when he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. I don't think my jaw is off the ground yet!

We've had an exciting weekend here. Yesterday was mine and Adam's anniversary and I'm still in shock writing this, but we are now engaged! I couldn't believe it when he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. I don't think my jaw is off the ground yet!

Congratulations alea!! How exciting :)

Yay! Thank you for starting this.

I'm Tasha. We've got Morgan he's eleven, Naomi-Mae is ten, Kaysie Blossom is seven and then Orion is ten weeks old. We also have Honey who would be eight and Riley Rae would be four.

I'll weigh Orion when he wakes. He's doing fabulously though, smiles, chats, tries to sit up. Squeezes my boob when feeding :rofl:

Morgan starts secondary school on Friday :shock: I'm thirty and do not feel old enough. Naomi-Mae starts year six and Kaysie Blossom year three. Riley Rae should be starting reception class so that'll be hard.

My tip for the school run is that if you're just going home after don't bother getting baby dressed. Change its nappy before you go out and then get them dressed after the school run.

Our family is complete. I'm surprised I'm not sad but we've been through so much.

Tasha - it took us 2 hrs for me, dd & ds to all get up & out of the house last week! I'll be lucky if I'm dressed for the school run :rofl: Thanks for the tip though - ds will definitely be out in his pjs!! So glad you feel your family is complete :hugs: I hope the first few days of school aren't too hard on you emotionally.

k4th and Tasha, you've both said you don't plan on having more children, was that an 'easy' decision to make?

Maisie is our first child and we'd both love to have another someday. We haven't discussed when but I imagine we'll start trying sometime early in 2016.

:hi:

Congratulations Alea on getting engaged!

I have four kids.. Eric who just turned 13, Grant who is 3, Scarlett is 2, and Jewell is 5 1/2 weeks :)

k4th and Tasha, you've both said you don't plan on having more children, was that an 'easy' decision to make?

Maisie is our first child and we'd both love to have another someday. We haven't discussed when but I imagine we'll start trying sometime early in 2016.

Alea - in short, yes it was an easy decision for us. I have a blood disorder which puts me & a pregnancy at high risk. And I have pcos. We ttc for ds for just over two years & then pregnancy was very stressful with lots of consultant appointments. After three years of stress, anxiety, heartache and desperation... I'm overjoyed to welcome my son to the world!!! I couldn't do it all again though - I couldn't risk my health and push my luck again. I feel like my family is whole. And whilst I'm now a little sad I won't feel a baby inside me again, I know this is the right choice for us. That said, I also knew my family wasn't complete until ds arrived. After dd I knew I wanted another :)

Hahaha K4th. That's def us too. Morgan starts at 8.20.

Alea, for me yes too. We have had 22 pregnancies, four made it home, two stillbirths and sixteen first tri loses. Seventeen of those loses were in a row. It is a lot to put myself through, both physically and emotionally. I had a DVT after my last stillbirth which puts me at significantly higher risk of another especially as I've got clotting disorders. Some of the drugs I was on to maintain my pregnancy with Orion are strong, the prednisone can have horrible side effects and the anti malaria is even worse (risk of heart, eye and liver damage). It would be selfish to risk another pregnancy. On top of all of that, for the first time ever, I feel our family is complete. I'm happier than I ever could of imagined.

Aww yay, congrats!!:cloud9:

So weird, I've been looking for this thread for a while. I first saw it in Baby Club and kept looking for it there and couldn't find it, I didn't know what was going on! Then I found the link in the July Mamas thread and now I see this thread is in a completely different location?

Hahaha K4th. That's def us too. Morgan starts at 8.20.

8.20!?! That's gonna hurt when he's a real teenager!! :shock:

Although dd's school starts at 8.45 & that's gonna hurt me in my 30's :haha:

When did schools start opening so early?? I'm sure my primary school was 9am & high school was 9.15 *back in the day*

Alea I missed the engagement. Congratulations hun.

Certified, if it was put in baby club then a mod will of moved it here as this is the correct place for chatty threads.

Indeed K4th, he hates getting up as it is. He was a nightmare for 8.45 and that was much closer. Boo. I started at 9.30 at primary and 9.15 at secondary.

Ha I wish my school wouldve started then! Middle school was 7.45 and high school was 7.25! Super rough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->