July 2015 Mommies Group

Hi! I am Kenna, mother to Shelby born on July 9! She has next appt tomorrow!

After my preeclampsia and scares for myself and Shelby during L&D, we decided to not have another baby. We will look into adoption in a few years.

Hi, I'm Donna! Thanks for sharing the link K4th. I'm a first time mommy to Sean who will be 11 weeks old tomorrow. He is my world & has brought so much joy to my life! I am overwhelmed by the love I have for him & I can't wait to have another baby so our family can continue to grow. We will probably start trying for #2 in April or May 2016 before Sean turns one. I would like 3 kids but I'm already 34 so i don't know if that's an option for us.

Congratulations on the engagement Alea!

I had said 1 baby and I'm done all along and even after my sons arrival but my heart is changing. I'm so in love with my son and he is growing so fast! I now understand why mothers like my mom have multiple children. Though this time is exhausting its the most rewarding and my hearts never felt so happy. I am sad my son is growing so fast he will be 8 wks Thursday and 15 pounds. He just melts my heart all day, I can't stop giving him kisses. I miss being pregnant too. I think in 3 years I want Gavin to get my undivided attention during the baby/toddler years. If it were up to my fiance we would be pregnant already he loved me being pregnant!

Congrats Alea! It's an unreal feeling I got engaged the day I conceived my son after 4 years of infertility so it was a very very special day for me lol.

k4th and Tasha, you've both said you don't plan on having more children, was that an 'easy' decision to make?

Maisie is our first child and we'd both love to have another someday. We haven't discussed when but I imagine we'll start trying sometime early in 2016.

Alea - in short, yes it was an easy decision for us. I have a blood disorder which puts me & a pregnancy at high risk. And I have pcos. We ttc for ds for just over two years & then pregnancy was very stressful with lots of consultant appointments. After three years of stress, anxiety, heartache and desperation... I'm overjoyed to welcome my son to the world!!! I couldn't do it all again though - I couldn't risk my health and push my luck again. I feel like my family is whole. And whilst I'm now a little sad I won't feel a baby inside me again, I know this is the right choice for us. That said, I also knew my family wasn't complete until ds arrived. After dd I knew I wanted another :)

How wonderful that you know your family is complete, especially after so much difficulty and heartache. What does your DD think of DS?

Alea, for me yes too. We have had 22 pregnancies, four made it home, two stillbirths and sixteen first tri loses. Seventeen of those loses were in a row. It is a lot to put myself through, both physically and emotionally. I had a DVT after my last stillbirth which puts me at significantly higher risk of another especially as I've got clotting disorders. Some of the drugs I was on to maintain my pregnancy with Orion are strong, the prednisone can have horrible side effects and the anti malaria is even worse (risk of heart, eye and liver damage). It would be selfish to risk another pregnancy. On top of all of that, for the first time ever, I feel our family is complete. I'm happier than I ever could of imagined.

Tasha, what a journey you've had. I'm so glad you were able to safely delivier Orion and now have the complete family you deserve.

Thank you all for your messages congratulating me. I honestly still can't believe it!

Hi everyone, just found the link to this thread from the July pregnancy group. Good to see some familiar names here.

To introduce myself, I'm 37 and a first-time mum. Baby girl M will be four weeks old on Wednesday (a substantially overdue July baby who ended up with an August birthday). We are doing well although still working a lot of things out as far as feeding and sleeping go.

We do plan to have another and fairly soon, given how ancient I am. Having said that, four weeks in and I'm really wondering how people manage with a newborn along with older kids, I don't know how you all cope!

Alea, big congratulations on your engagement.

Alea - dd loves ds so much!! She wants to help out & take him places. Whilst she's doing things she chats to him & is telling him what's going on. I'm so proud of her - she's taken it all in her stride <3

Raquel - lol, despite what I've said above ^ I think mums of more than 2 are superwomen!!! Sometimes it's hard to stop dd helping - like when she wanted to feed him raspberries :dohh: or when she stroked crisps through his hair! Or when she pokes him to wake him up so she can tell him about all the lovely things she's doing :rofl: Plus she's up at 7 everyday so there's no chance to sleep when baby sleeps!! It's worth it though <3

How is everyone doing post birth? I still have a small diastasis so physio have referred me for some Pilates classes. I'm only 2lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight now - although I wanted to lose about 8lbs at the time so dieting may commence next week when dd starts school. Or it may not depending on how I feel :haha:

Ds has been mastering a smile the last few days and dd & I got several lovely smiles across the morning today. It made my heart melt to see him really looking at us and smiling!!! So lovely &#55357;&#56473;

Will be back to update lol just wanted to add to my list

k4th, I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight (I think under, actually) but I need to tone up, though that is the least of my concerns right now.

Now that it's September we are able to say we go on our first family holiday next month, yay!

How is everyone doing?

Hi all! So nice to keep in touch here! Just quickly leaving a message so I'm subscribed for now. Will talk more later

Hi, all! I'm Rachael, also from the July Firecrackers pregnancy group. :) Glad we have this thread now too! I haven't been on BnB in a few weeks. So hard to catch up on everything.

I've got three boys: Ozzy is 3.5, Jimmy just turned 2, and Henry is 8 weeks. I just became the only stay-at-home parent in our house! When the first two were born, DH was working part time from home, but now he works full time outside the house, so it's just me all day. For the first time ever in my parenting career! Aaahh!!!

I think I'm finally back to pre-pregnancy weight. Haven't weighed myself in a few weeks. But Henry has a dairy and soy sensitivity, so I've been off those for like 4 weeks now. That has helped me lose some extra weight! Not being able to eat ice cream, that'll help! :haha:

Hi Rachael, glad you made it over! Sorry to hear about Henry's dairy and soy sensitivity. I hope he is doing better now?

Man I'm jealous of all of you who are back to pre pregnancy weight...I've still got like 20 lbs to loose.. although I think my body tends to hold on to some fat for bf.. I'm so ready to have my.body back.. I hate looking a mirror right now

Rachael my son has same allergy. I had a hard time giving it up at first but I'm doing a lot better. I haven't weighed myself since but then I only had about 10lbs to go I'd imagine I don't have much more left but I was 5lbs chunkier than my usual when I got pregnant so I want to loose that as well. Due to the milk allergy and his discomfort he didn't sleep well for 5 weeks, he has sleep good since the changes but 3 days ago he started sleeping terribly again but he isn't bloated and I'm not eating any of bad stuff so I'm wondering if its a growth spurt or another allergy. Im so exhausted! He turns 8 wks tomorrow and thankfully we see the G.I doc on Friday! I really don't wanna give up breastfeeding but I don't know how much more of no sleeping and seeing him so miserable I can take! :/

Alea, he is doing much better! No more blood in his poo and it is not mucusy anymore. He also had a rash on his bum, but that is gone now too. Babyv, it could have been some "hidden" dairy or soy you ate? It is so hard to avoid it all!

Countryblonde, I should add that while I am back to pre pregnancy weight, I am still overweight! I have 20 lb to get back to where I was before my first baby (didn't lose all the weight in between these last two babies), and even that is still slightly overweight. Sigh.

I've been very careful checking labels for dairy but it may be for soy. Soy is in practically everything!! :/ my son had mucusy poop that was check and they found the blood, also had the rash that wouldn't go away, and was extremely bloated soon as he ate. The rash and poo went away fast the bloating for the most part is gone! I see G.I Friday for him I'm going to have them check his poo again see if the blood is gone!

I still have about 13 pounds to lose to get back to pre preggo weight (but I gained close to 50 ponds so I guess that's not too bad). Everyone says that the weight just falls off when you're BFing, but that hasn't been the case for me. I joined a stroller strides group that lets you work out with your baby so that's been a fun way to get out of the house with Sean during the week and stay active. I'm also trying to eat less and monitor my calorie intake, but its hard cause I don't want to affect my milk supply. My goal is to get back to my normal weight by the time I go back to work at the end of October.

Joy i put on that much too..and i did with isaac too. It will fall off.. it takes time.. it took me 6 months with isaac to get back to pre pregnancy without excerise and eating way more than usual.. you'd burning 500 extra calories a day just by bf.. I'm starting to walk and stuff a bit and I will be doing some toning work..but as far as the fat goes I'm not worried about it cause I will loose it eventually.. you need a certain amount of fat for you'd milk supply

I'm still about 14 pounds over my pre preg. weight myself...these past two weeks i've been eating so clean! I have majorly improved my diet, but my weight is holding steady. I also get daily runs in so whatever. I can tell i've gotten smaller but my weight doesn't show it haha.

Hi all, I'm Sophie. First baby who is 11 weeks old. She was due in July but born in June at 35 weeks by emergency section due to Pre Eclampsia. She's still at little tiny at 9 pounds but perfectly healthy. :happydance: . Still trying to lose baby weight sadly!!!!

Would love another baby soon and a little boy to complete our family!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->