July 2015 Mommies Group

Although I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, I still have 8lbs to lose before I'm at my preferred weight. I never bothered shifting it after dd as I knew I wanted another & figured I may as well wait until I'd been through another pregnancy. Big mistake!! Not only were we ltttc for 2 years, but this pregnancy I had spd start really early at about 16 weeks & a diastasis develop at around 30 weeks. It might have happened anyway, but I'm sure the lack of exercise for years didn't help at all. The spd was so painful!! I'm determined to be fitter now.

I'm no longer breastfeeding though & like others, that means I'm not storing as much body fat now. If I could trade my figure for bf I would - but my autoimmune antibodies were being passed to ds in my breastmilk. He had one IV hospital treatment for 14 hours & I felt like I was poisoning him every time I fed him :( So our bf journey only lasted 2 weeks. He was a natural too :(

Ds is now 5 and a half weeks old. He's out of newborn clothes & in 0-3 mths, but he's so long he's already at the end of the baby grows! We're getting smiles :) & he sleeps really well - waking just once for a night feed. He's such a chilled out little guy <3

What are everyone else's babies up to?

My little man has decided being hungry every 2.5 hrs at night is a good idea :( between feeding him then pumping my sleep is so so minimal!

He had his G.I follow-up and he's 16.6 lbs 23.5 inches long! He wears size 6 mo! He's only 8 wks 2 days lol

The group has gone quiet - hope you're all okay!

My dd started school this week. Life is clean, tidy, feed whichever one is hungry, do the school run twice, etc etc. the transition from 1 to 2 is fun but exhausting!!! And my 4 year old is pushing some boundaries :wacko:

Hope everyone else is good :)

I know exactly how you feel k4th my dd started school last Thursday. Isaac isn't sleeping well at night and is only catnapping during the day until its time for the school run so I can't have a nap :( I total 6 miles a day walking the school run! So exhausted!

I finally got time to post but have been following, hope everyone is enjoying their little ones! Isaac has only been smiling for a week or two, his development is definately behind because he was early

Its so funny how our july prego thread was hard to keep up with it moved so fast. Now that we've all had our babies life is so busy we are very quite on here lol. As for me my son is doing well still sleeping only 2.5hrs :/ but he has so much personality! He wakes up such a happy baby in the morning and is smiling very often he also locks his eyes on our faces now and loves when we talk to him! My brothers have been coming down to visit him often and are both crazy about him I love it!! Today marks 2 months since I had him, time sure flys and I wish it would slow down hes growing up to fast!!

Hello everyone.

I had my son Nicholas on 13th July.

Welcome, Mrs. B!

My little angel turned two months old yesterday! She is a smiley and playful little girl. Her favorite time of the day is her 2 a.m. Feeding; she kicks, dances, coos, and smiles the whole time. Makes it so worth the wake-up. She has her first round of shots Monday, and I am terrified.
https://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a556/barnkn312/Shelby%20Elaine%20Perry/2%20Months%20Old_zpsx725qlhf.jpg

It is quiet in here!

Henry turned 2 months old recently, so here are some pics from his monthly photo shoot with "hockey bear." :)

I'd estimate he's just over 12 lbs. now. Don't want to jinx anything, but he's been sleeping about 7 hours straight the last three nights! Of course he falls asleep at midnight (and is awake for like 2 hours before that), so I'm still pretty exhausted. My 3 year old and 2 year old keep me tired too! :sleep:

So, the other day my DH said that he thinks Henry is looking more like a "Hank." What do you all think? Henry or Hank?

Attachments

• month 02 (3).jpg
    month 02 (3).jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 3
  • month 02 (6).jpg
    month 02 (6).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 3
  • month 02 (1).jpg
    month 02 (1).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 3
Wishing, Henry has his first round of shots on Monday too! Not looking forward to it, especially since I'll be going on my own with all three boys. :/

I also have some upcoming appointments for me. Tomorrow morning I have to get the GTT done again. I had GD during pregnancy, and it's routine to get tested again after baby is born. And in a few weeks I am finally going to see a physiotherapist about my separated abs. Didn't think it was worth it after the first two babies, but now that I'm done having kids it's time to get my body back to normal! lol

Wishing she is beautiful.

Harley so is your little man. I def say Henry but then I've never met a Hank!

Harley, definitely stick with Henry, it's a great name. It would have been my baby's name if we'd had a boy. He is gorgeous, by the way.

I've been following everyone's posts but haven't had a free hand to reply with! Me and baby M are doing well. She is heading for 6 weeks and growing beautifully. She also sleeps well at night and has sorted out the difference between day and night, so a big positive there. Unfortunately this does seem to have resulted in her refusing to nap in the day. It wouldn't be a problem but she gets seriously overtired and then cries all afternoon. I'm hoping it's just a phase that will pass sometime soon

We have been advised to get her checked out for hip displaysia due to her having uneven creases on her thighs and bottom. This had me pretty upset at first because the nurse who told me this didn't really explain the ramifications and google gave me stories about hip surgery on one year olds (pregnancy should have taught me my lesson about not relying on google!). Anyhow, having looked into it more I'm cool with it, although of course I'm hoping that she's fine. Our appointment with the paediatrician is the end of next week. Wish me luck.

RaquelDee, I hope it all goes well with M's appointment. I hope all is well and there's no hip dysplasia.

Good luck, Raquel! So true about Google; you'd think we would learn our lesson, but I'm guilty of it too.

Maisie is set to become a big sister in May 2016. I am a mess of emotions right now, but Adam and I are set to welcome our second around May 21st.

Maisie is set to become a big sister in May 2016. I am a mess of emotions right now, but Adam and I are set to welcome our second around May 21st.

Wow! Congratulations alea!! That's lovely news!!! How are you feeling about the age gap? Hope you're not suffering too much with pregnancy symptoms

:)

Wow! Congratulations alea!! That's lovely news!!! How are you feeling about the age gap? Hope you're not suffering too much with pregnancy symptoms

:)

Thank you, k4th.

We are apprehensive about the age gap but c'est la vie! My brother is 15 months older than I am and although my mom said initially it was rough, which I imagine it will be, having two children close in age was great and we're so close now. My mom must've had a good experience as she had another two close in age after me - my younger brother and sister are 19 months apart. Despite our feelings of anxiety and being overwhelmed, we are really excited about welcoming another baby in to the family.

Wow! Congrats, Alea! That's fantastic! It will probably be pretty crazy but so wonderful too!

That's great news, Alea! Congratulations! I'm sure it will be hard in the beginning but it will be wonderful to have your kiddos so close in age when they're growing up together.

I'm actually ready for another baby now too but my DH and I both work full time and we can't afford another one with the high cost of childcare. We're going to wait until next spring to start trying for #2 so my MIL can help watch our babies once she retires.

Wow, big congratulations Alea. I hope you're feeling well.

We saw the paediatrician today about M's hips. We were told that both hips have normal mobility and range of motion, so displaysia is unlikely, but she's been referred for an ultrasound just to double-check. i feel so much better after that! Now I just need to get this kid to sleep in the daylight hours for more than 20 minutes, and I'll be feeling pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->