July 2016 Rainbows

Hello Rhiannon137! :hi:

So sorry for your loss but huge congratulations on your rainbow!! This is a lovely thread to be in and looking forward to sharing your journey.xx

I was trying so hard to be patient and wait for the call about me genetics test results. I finally cracked at 4:20 yesterday and called my doctor's office - only to learn that yes, the results came in, but everyone authorized to tell them to me had already left! I am kicking myself both for calling at all, and for not calling earlier. Grr.

Guess what I'll be doing first thing Monday morning? Till then, I will just be trying to silence the annoying voice in my mind that keeps whispering "this means it's bad news..."

If it was bad news they would have called with the results already! No news is good news. Xx

I hate when you have to wait to long to find results out! But im sure everything is just fine

Eek! Normal chromosomes, and it's a girl. Thanks for the supportive words, ladies.

Congrats Rhiannon! So happy that your results were all good and you were able to get them first thing this morning. A girl, yay!

My first appt for the genetic testing is next week and I'm already a nervous wreck!

Reading about all the genetic testing is making me wish I had done it. Are there any other moms who opted not to do the test?

Hi Morgan,
You should still be able to do one of the cell free DNA tests (eg Harmony, Panorama, Maternit21) if you want to. It's just a blood draw, so there is really no risk.

I may ask my doctor when I see him Tuesday, however I am in Canada and I don't know if I can just request it since we don't pay for healthcare.

I see. I don't know how it would work from Canada, but I know that Sequenom, the company the makes MaterniT21, tries to make it accessible for patients who are paying out of pocket. For example, they usually bill insurance companies at about $2000, but will only charge an individual $150-$200 if their insurance won't cover it. Maybe worth asking about.

I was referred for my first pregnancy and this one since I was considered high risk for genetic issues due to my ancient age of 37.

I think for now I am going to hold out on testing. I am only 26 and in no way am I at risk. I think knowing might just stress me out so why bother?

Hey girls just had my 12 week scan, all good, baby due 25th July xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 4
I'm jealous of your lovely picture Sophie! I had my ~13 wk appt today, but no pictures :-(. I knew that would be the case unless they couldn't find her heartbeat on the doppler, which would have terrified me. But, it was there right away and things still seem to be going well.

I don't get another scan until 20 weeks, so I will do my best to stay patient.

Does anyone else have a home doppler? I just caved and bought a Sonoline, which arrived yesterday, and I'm already a bit obsessed with it. I'm trying not to annoy my poor girl, but it's such a reassuring sound.

I've just started feeling her move, but it's not at all predictable or regular yet.

I want one so much, but my doctor advised against it. He said I'd probably drive myself mad with worry if I couldn't find the heartbeat, when it would probably just be a user error, lol! Have you had an easy time of finding the heartbeat so far? I'm so tempted to order one.

We found out this week that we're having a baby boy! I truly didn't have a gender preference at all, so I had imagined the baby being both. I felt both sad that it's not a girl, and super excited that it's a boy. =) Such a weird combination of feelings. Has anyone else felt that way when you didn't have a gender preference?

Dandi I found out today we're having a boy too!! And I felt exactly the same!! In fact I felt a little guilty that I was so happy it was a boy, I always thought I'd want a girl!!!

I have a home Doppler, I've used it a few times and definitely find it helps to reassure me!!!

Congratulations on your boys, Dandi and Babylove! I actually really wanted another boy, and was a little afraid when I heard I was having a girl, but came around to the idea pretty quickly.

I THOUGHT that I found the heartbeat with my doppler VERY easily the two times I tried yesterday. However, the rate seemed a little low, so I did some research and realized that what I had actually heard was the whoosh-whoosh sounds of blood flow through the placenta. I tried again today and, it took a few minutes, but I found the more distinct galloping horse pattern of the heartbeat at a faster rate. She kept moving away (hence my not wanting to harass her), but I found it a few more times before I put the thing away.

I also tried really hard not to buy one, but I think I will save me more stress than it will cause. I KNOW this baby will not be as active as my son, who first kicked me at 12 weeks and has literally not stopped moving since - even when he's sleeping. Nurses and doctors always commented during scans. Strangers on the street would look at my belly and ask if I was pregnant with Michael Flatly, Lord of the Dance. My ObGyn has already given me a pamphlet about "normal" fetal movements bc he said he knew I might worry. I knew I probably would anyway, and figured being able to hear the heartbeat would help. I knew I didn't want to get one too early, though. I also would have held off if the doctor hadn't found it quickly at my last appt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->