July 2017 Rainbows (13 Rainbows-4 pink -1 blue- 2 yellow- 2 angels)

I love this!
How far along are you? Size of baby?

9 weeks by my dates, 9+3 by ultrasound.

What are your symptoms this week?
Exhaustion. I want to sleep by 8 pm. I am also very emotional and irritable. I cried over a commercial today. I'm nauseous but only in the afternoons and evenings. For some reason mornings are fine.

Do you have any appointments this week?

No. my next appointment is December 19 and I will have an ultrasound (12 weeks by my dates, 12+3 by theirs).

Will this be your first baby? If not, how many kids do you have?

Third living baby. I have two DS (ages 3 and 1) and two angels.

Do you have a non pregnancy related rant?

My DH is like a tornado. I think he makes a bigger mess than the kids do. I can stay on top of cleaning when he's at work but when he gets home it's a whirlwind of shoes and clothes and dishes and toys and papers and god even knows what everywhere. Ugh

What are you hoping for as far as your birth experience?
I haven't decided yet. Ds1 was a painful long back labor and I ended up with an epidural which was too good so I didn't feel any contractions or know when to push. They had to look at the monitor and tell me when to push and I felt disconnected.DS2 was a fast natural labor. I was rushed to hospital in the ambulance and gave birth within minutes of arriving and pushed for only two minutes. It was painful and terrifying since it was so fast and I had major blood loss. I guess I'm hoping for something in between. Natural but low key and not too fast

Great idea! Fun way to remember where everyone is. Does anyone have little floaters or squiggles in their vision? I had them with DD but can't remember when they started, mostly my memory of them was when I had pre-e so I'm freaking myself out already.

Girly - That's incredible you did a water birth! I so badly wanted to do one with DD but because of pre-e I got risked out to the hospital.

6w+2d, baby is the size of a raspberry

I'm so flipping tired, and when I do lay down to sleep I can't! Nausea is to the point where I have to be cautious on my medication to keep it under control.

Nope, just one more week!

This will be baby #2, DD will be 2 on December 6th!

There aren't enough left overs in the fridge for dinner and I don't want to cook anything.

An easier birth, no complications and one I can move around during labor. DD's birth was scary, my DH is not an openly emotional person but when he would tell anyone how hard the delivery was he would begin to cry. He's completely terrified of labor and delivery this time.

Ah fun!

I did not have a cycle after losing our baby in September. Based on ovulation I'm 7 weeks today. My ob made it sound like I was almost a week further along, but we did not dtd around then so I'm sure not. However, since I didn't have a cycle I'll have to go with whatever date he gives me at my next ultrasound.

Exhaustion, extreme nausea, constipation.

December 13 is my next appt and a dating ultrasound. (Going off of ovulation date I'm exactly 20 weeks less than I was with my last baby, so getting a different date will be good I think. For example as of today I would be 27 weeks pregnant with the baby I lost. It's a constant reminder.)

This is our 9th. We have dd-18, dd-16, ds-9, ds-6, ds-5, ds-4, dd-2, ds-10 mos.

I can't say I do!

i would love to make it to the hospital and get an epidural. I've done without and with, and it's just a better experience For me to have it. One baby my labor was literally 39 minutes from first contraction to birth (I feel for you ladies with speedy deliveries, not fun! I barely made it to the hospital) although the next one took about 5 hours and the next after that took 3 so even though I was terrified it would happen again, it hasn't. My biggest concern with the birth is that I want to go home after asap. I did a midwife center birth with my last baby just so I could go home faster. I did go home within a couple hours, but things weren't caught that should have been. I had a second degree tear that wasn't stitched and also got postpartum pre-eclampsia (I didn't even know you could get it after having the baby). I have so many high risks with my pregnancies it's just not safe to do a home birth or even a birth center birth again. I just hate staying in the hospital after!

Sil- with my 39 minute labor (baby #6) I lost a lot of blood as well. They said it was from the fast labor and birth, but I was also anemic so that didn't help. It really is terrifying.

I lost a lot of blood too, they debated whether to give me a blood transfusion or not. I'm glad that they didn't, although had my life been in danger it would have been a good thing.

Blessed - How scary that you developed postpartum pre-e! The highest my bp got during pre-e was the day after delivery. They kept us 5 days and when we were finally released I was so afraid to be home with my bp still high, I was on medication for a little while.

Hi all
Can I please join? EDD is 28 July...

My history is 2012 blighted ovum, 2013 "natural" MC at 6w, 2014 beautiful healthy baby boy ❤️, 2016 MMC found at 10w...

I'm now 4.5w pregnant with an IVF Bub and I can feel early "pulling" and stretching, which I had with my healthy pregnancy. It's hard not to get your hopes up but also hard not to be a nervous wreck...

Are you all using any strategies to help you mentally get thru the worry?

Welcome Londongirl!:wave: I'm sorry for your previous losses.

For me what I've found comforting is that now I am further than I was with my mc. And from the beginning, to me, things felt differently than they did when I was pregnant with my angel. It's all one day at a time :hugs:

Ooo this is fun!!

I am 6weeks 4 days based on ovulation and my last US. Baby is the size of a pomegranate seed.

Random nausea at any time of day or night. Constipation, gassy. Super tender nipples.

Yes, TODAY!!! I'm really, really hoping well see and possibly hear the heartbeat. I'm really nervous.

This is our 3rd. Dd1 born 11/2012, DD2 born 03/2015. All 3 would be almost exactly the same distance apart from one another.

I'm pretty content right now!! Although I so struggle with getting the energy to cook dinner too. But I plan the meals out for a week to help avoid last minute frantic cooking.

My first was a very long back labor (42hours) that I luckily had naturally in the birthing tub. My 2nd was 5 hours in the birthing tub as well. I'm really thinking of getting a birth photographer this time. We'll deliver at the same place as the other two and hopefully have a great experience like the other times. I wish I could do a home birth but it's not covered under our medical insurance and would be really expensive.

Welcome londongirl!

I loved having a water birth, it was intervention free and the midwives didn't even touch DD until the Dr came to do the paeds checks a couple of hours later. I really hope I can get a pool at home this time.

Good luck at your appt today nik!

I lost a lot of blood too, they debated whether to give me a blood transfusion or not. I'm glad that they didn't, although had my life been in danger it would have been a good thing.

Blessed - How scary that you developed postpartum pre-e! The highest my bp got during pre-e was the day after delivery. They kept us 5 days and when we were finally released I was so afraid to be home with my bp still high, I was on medication for a little while.

They debated with me also later, but in the moment they kept threatening to give me the meds that stop you from bleeding. The nurse kept saying "you better stop bleeding or you'll get them and you won't like it!" As if I was trying to bleed to death or something haha. After my last miscarriage in September I almost died from blood loss. They gave me 3 different meds to stop it. The next day they ran my blood and I had went from excellent iron levels to severely anemic. the nurses said it was up to my doc as to whether I'd get a transfusion but I would expect it, although he let me go without it thankfully.

Up until I got postpartum pre-e I didn't even know it was possible. I thought that was something you got in pregnancy and after delivery it goes away. I had it with my first baby and it left after delivery. It was about a week after he was born that I had symptoms. I never had it while pregnant with him. My kidneys were hurting and I was seeing spots. I took my blood pressure on a whim when I started having pounding headaches. I had to go to the er and they wanted to admit me. I begged them to let me go and they did against their better judgement. I was on meds for about 3-4 weeks and my blood pressure was still a little high when I came off. At the hospital they said I was dangerously close to a stroke or seizure :(

Nika- I hope you see a heartbeat today fluttering away! I wanted a home birth with my last one but it's the same for us. Insurance didn't cover it and would be outrageously expensive. And in all honesty I've had so many high risk scenarios I really shouldn't.

Welcome londongirl!

Girly- I tried the birthing tub with my last baby and hated it. I love a bath and get so relaxed I really thought I'd like it. It was the main thing on my birth plan. It's so ridiculous to me that I couldn't stand it and got back out within minutes! Never again for me haha

Haha! I did that with the bath when I started having contractions at home. DH phoned the hospital who said that first labour tends to be slow so not to rush in and try and labour at home for a bit. He ran me a bath, I got in and straight back out again. It was awful. Within 10 minutes he was back on the phone telling the hospital we were coming in. I was already in the second stage of labour before we got there so they got me straight in the pool and it was wonderful.

I wonder if I would have liked it better had my midwife let me get up on my knees in it. She kept forcing me to lay in it on my back and I felt I had no control of my body at all. My body was pushing without me and I hated it. I tried to get on all fours in it and she said I can't reach the baby that way and had me lay back down. I got out of the bath and she flipped out. I think she was worried he was going to be born on the way to the bed. They didn't have the bed protectors on so she had me sit on the toilet. She kept saying to push on the toilet and I kept saying I didn't want my baby born there! I made it to the bed and labored on all fours but he got shoulder dystocia and was stuck (he was my biggest baby by far at 9 lbs) she had to flip me over and push my legs behind my head and he came out but wasn't breathing for the longest time. Right before they got the oxygen on him he started breathing and cried.

Oh gosh, I never would've been able to lay down in it, I was on all fours the whole time. Bless you, it sounds like you haven't had the easiest of pregnancies and labours! In hindsight a good thing you got out of the pool then.

Blessed - How scary, sounds like it was a good thing you got out of the pool. How strange your midwife made you lay in the tub. Mine wanted me to move around in it and sway, but I never got the chance. Instead I had to lay flat on a bed because of my bp jumping.

I'm want to smother DH with a pillow, I'm in such a mood this morning. DD wont stop whining and wont eat what I made for breakfast so I let her out of the highchair. DH gave her a pot of beans and rice in the fridge from last night, then LEFT her with it to poop. I feel terrible this morning so running into the kitchen to save the meal before DD dumped it on the floor made me rip his head off when he returned from the bathroom.:growlmad: Why are men so stupid sometimes?

Thanks girly. I have definitely had some scares in labor. One son I almost lost when his placenta pulled away right before birth. He wasn't breathing either but they got him breathing. I'm so thankful he made it!

Dragonfly- it was strange she wouldn't let me do what my body was telling me to do. It felt much better on my hands and knees when I got out. Oh your DH! What are they thinking sometimes??? I could totally see mine doing that as well.

I'm so extremely sick today :( haven't even had my vitamins yet. I tried to take them this morning and immediately gagged them up.

Sorry you're feeling so poorly, have you tried taking your vitamins at night? I take them before bed with the unisom and b6 - I'm hopeful that the sleep aid helps me stay asleep through feeling the funk after taking vitamins.

My beta came back at 79 this morning. Hoping all goes well tomorrow and it is doubling. I'm so ready to tell mine and my SO family already!

Dragonfly- we are too alike! I take unisom before bed too, but my b6 during the day. I thought it would keep me up since b vitamins give energy? I think I'll have to switch and see how it goes. I'm nervous if I take my prenatal vitamins at night they will make me sick while I try to sleep. I usually feel sicker after I take them in the day. I guess all I can do is give it a try.

Baseball- I hope they double nicely tomorrow! With my 7th baby my first draw was 11!!!!! They told me I was likely miscarrying. She is playing in the other room right now so they were wrong to say the least haha.

My beta came back at 79 this morning. Hoping all goes well tomorrow and it is doubling. I'm so ready to tell mine and my SO family already!

We are in the same boat!

I had HCG done on Monday and this morning as well (Wednesday). I get my results back this afternoon. Soooooo hope it's doubled.... Or even better, gone thru the roof.

Let us know how you get on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->