July 2017 Rainbows (13 Rainbows-4 pink -1 blue- 2 yellow- 2 angels)

I honestly didn't find it painful at all.. just uncomfortable. I thought my doc feeling for the head being down on my belly was much more painful.

I don't remember them being this painful with my first so maybe my lady parts are just pissed off right now :shrug: And it was much more painful this time than it was last week.

For the last 4 hours I've been having braxton hicks and period pains that come and go, goodness do I wish it would progress. I swear from yesterday to today baby is sitting so much lower, I can barely walk or get up from furniture or bed from the pressure and pain in my pelvis. She's a heavy one! I hope she comes out with chubby rolls on her legs and arms:haha:

39 weeks tomorrow! This is officially the longest I've been pregnant. I had both my boys in the 38th week and mentally expected the same this time so it almost feels like I'm overdue mentally. Lots of Braxton hicks and cramps and mucus plug loss, but still no true signs of labor or baby.

I'm actually feeling tons of intense cramps for the past few hours, but nothing super consistent. This is how my first two labors started off. I wonder if it'll end up being tonight/tomorrow. We'll see!

Ooh exciting sil!

We don't have routine cervical checks over here until you're in labour, or a membrane sweep once you're overdue. However I will be refusing both as they were unnecessary with DD.

How are you doing Sil?? Any changes to the cramping and pressure?

Girly - I don't think my midwife will do a sweep until overdue either, but I know some friends OB's that were more than willing to start them at 37 weeks, which I think is crazy.

Day two of constant contractions and frequent period cramps, I'm so miserable I feel like I'm going crazy. It wasn't like this with our first, I was uncomfortable but not to the point of tears and frustration like this. Tonight I got panicky because I felt like I couldn't remember when I last felt her move, all I feel all day is contraction after contraction - I drank ice water and got her bouncing so that was a relief.

Girly, at my office they do cervical checks from 37 weeks, but they do not do membrane sweeping (at least not that I know of - in my 3 pregnancies I've never been swept)

Dragonfly, I feel for you. I'm going through the same thing. It really can be frustrating. I hope that things either calm down or ramp up for you soon.

As for me, I'm still here! 39+1 today, and this is my third days of intense period cramping and on and off contractions. They'll ramp up to being every 8-10 minutes for about an hour, and then they'll completely fizzle down to one every 30 min - an hour. Right now they're about 30 minutes apart and less painful than last night, but this morning they were consistently 12 minutes apart. I wish my body would figure things out. I'm just ready for her to be here.

It's funny how different all my labors were.
DS1- 38+5 natural, VERY intense, painful back labor, but very straight forward. Progressed from mild to moderate to severe and went from far apart to close together to delivery 18 hours later
DS2- 38+2 natural, Very fast labor, rushed to hospital by ambulance and born within 15 minutes of arriving
DD- 39+1 and so far very very slow on and off labor for 3 days. I can tell progress is being made...painful and losing tons of mucus plug with cramping, stops me in my tracks, but then just slows down

Well ladies, 39+5 today and I am amazingly still here. I've been having on and off slow labor contractions all week.

I am scheduled for a non stress test and ultrasound on my due date in two days. If all looks well we will wait another week until 41 weeks to talk induction. If any problems, we'd induce then.

Come on baby! I hope she shows soon. I thought for sure she'd be here by now since both boys were early on in the 38th week.

Good luck sil! I hope she comes soon! Both my other two were born at 38 as well so I'm hoping for that too but we will see. I'm at 34w3d today and have an appointment on Friday. I'm off a week but I was hoping to get a cervix check this week since he feels like he is falling out of me. But other than that I have no other symptoms of labor but I wish I did! I'm so done.

At 38+1, nearly there with you SIL, except nothing more that a BH here and there...never more than 2 or 3 in a row. Appointment Friday and then again next week but last week zero dilation (not painful just uncomfortable) and I'm not really feeling any different. If I hit 40 weeks with no progress, we'll schedule an induction some time between 41 and 42 weeks. I am so done with this heatwave and hoping baby comes some time between 39 and 40 weeks, but my ob keeps reminding me that first babies tend to come late and I'm getting the feeling that I will be a part of that statistic. Definitely getting impatient, but I want baby to come when ready and I'm sure none of this will matter once the little one is in my arms.

Well today is the day! 39+6 woke up 6 am with intense contractions. Five hours later I'm 8 cm

Perfect SIL! Hope all goes well and you get to enjoy welcoming baby! Fx I get a similar welcome date in 1-1.5 weeks.

Ahhh SIL!!! So excited for you. Prayers for a quick and easy delivery!

So ladies, I got into work at 10:30 because we closed on the house this morning. This was 90+ days in the making.. I am so elated the house is finally ours. Now we get to go car shopping this weekend (nothing like waiting until last minute) and hopefully we will find a great independence day deal!

Yay! Good luck sil! I hope all is going well!

Congrats gagr! And good luck with the car shopping.

We're almost sorted with buying bits for baby. I ordered the car seat base today so that should arrive in the next couple of days. Then it's just a case of getting everything in place. Most things are washed now. Midwife is coming this weekend to do the paperwork for my home birth so then they'll be on call for whenever labour starts.

She's here!!! She was a massive 9 lb 6 oz and 22 inches long. Meet Sylvia (we plan to call her Sylvie)

Attachments

• IMG_3879.jpg
    IMG_3879.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 8
Congratulations and well done sil!! I hope you are both settling well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel