July 2017 Rainbows (13 Rainbows-4 pink -1 blue- 2 yellow- 2 angels)

Hugs leson! I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. DH and I got a cat when we first moved in together 10 years ago, and he just passed away this past fall. I know how hard it can be to lose a loved pet. I wish I had the words :flower:

By this point after all the ultrasounds etc, I'd reckon that Charlie is 99.9% healthy in there.

My hormones have been going wild too. I broke down crying last night over the littlest thing. I've been feeling huge and uncomfortable lately. I am ready for this baby to make her entrance. I'm 32 weeks tomorrow, but DS1 and DS2 were both born in the 38th week so I potentially only have 6 weeks to go if she follows the same pattern as her brothers.

How is everyone doing this week?

33 weeks tomorrow over here. Time is both dragging and flying. The day by day is getting tough chasing after my two toddlers, but the weeks are going by in the blink of an eye. I can't wait to see everyone's little ones begin to arrive. Not much longer now!

Wow, 33 weeks already sil! Not much longer at all now!

I'm okay, baby is measuring a week ahead at the momentum but I still expect to go overdue. Lol. I had a pretty poor consultant appointment this week but I've picked myself up from it and have got my fight on for next time I see them at 35 weeks. I've got to see my midwife in a couple of weeks so I'll be bringing it up with her too.

How are you finding things with the boys? You eldest is a similar age to my DD and it just seems to be a bit of a trying age right now.

How is everyone else getting on?

Hey girly.. you're right not much longer how.

AFM, or shower is in two weeks and we finally got the nursery started... Her crib/ glider/ and dresser-changing table are complete. Now we just have to change the light fixture, add the canopy and letters to the wall, put the mobile up and do window treatments. Still plenty to do but I feel like I'm getting somewhere.

We had our shower today and it was a lot of fun, but my bp is up tonight and my feet are swollen so I overdid it - as usual. DH is getting angry with me because he keeps saying I'm overdoing it but it's hard to stay down and rest with a busy two year old. We've done a lot of beach trips over the last couple weeks.

We bought a dresser at the thrift store and hubby still needs to do some touch ups on it. I want the blue paint removed and DH wants to put a natural stain on it.

What are you planning on putting baby to sleep in?? With DD1 she was a December baby so she was in fleece footie pjs so I have no idea how to dress a summer newborn! :wacko: So tiny they don't regulate their own temperatures, but I worry about over dressing her if I stick in her full pjs. Would a baby gown be good, or a onesie with one of those wearable blankets?

Sounds like you're really getting there in the nursery gagr!

I'm glad you had a good shower dragonfly. DD was an October baby so she just had a cotton sleepsuit and a grobag to begin with. Depending what the weather is like for us in July, I'm thinking sleepsuit or vest and sleep gown. Baby will be in our room until Christmas anyway so I'll judge it night by night I think.

I'm thinking cotton onsies/sleep gowns and muslin swaddles will be good for summer. This is my first, but I think that's what my friend did a few summers back with her baby.

Thanks ladies, I'll hold off on buying the sleep sacks and see how our summer turns out. So far we've had a crappy spring that's been cold and wet, but I'm hopeful for a nice summer. We have a cosleeper that goes in the bed between us so I'm hoping just a gown will keep her warm between us and I plan to have a fan running in the room.

I wonder if this one will like being swaddled. DD1 would never stay swaddled, she would burst out of them from day one, I remember the hospital nurses giggling over how determined she was to not be swaddled. Just a peak at her sassy personality she's growing into:haha:

Girly, things with the boys are a bit exhausting but good. My 22 month old is going through a huge sleep regression and is only sleeping 8:45pm - 5:45 am most nights (his typical sleep was 8 pm - 7 am). My almost 4 year old is in a pretty good phase right now thankfully, but he has his days. He wants to be picked up all the time suddenly though which is getting tough.

Gagrl, have you had your shower yet? How'd it go?

Dragonfly, both of my boys were summer babies (late June and late July) and I always slept them in a onesie and a swaddle.

As for me, I had my last ultrasound today! I'll be 35 weeks in just two days...both of my boys were about 2 weeks early, so if she follows their pattern, I only have 3 or so weeks to go. Crazy!

She is currently estimated to be 5 lb 11 oz.
They saw a bunch of hair on the ultrasound
https://i66.tinypic.com/zn9dur.jpg

Shower is this Saturday.. I'm so excited about it. Had my 31 week appointment last Friday. I'm measuring 2.5 weeks ahead!! Otherwise all is good with my princess and I am so excited to meet her.. scared, nervous, excited, overwhelmed.. all the above as a FTM..

Ga, how'd the shower go? Hope you had a wonderful time with your family and friends!

Shower was awesome and honestly we were so overwhelmed with the love we received. We got almost everything on our registry except for our car seat/ stroller/ and a couple other small things.

That's wonderful GA :)

How's everyone doing? I caught my daughters cold, I was hoping to make it the rest of this pregnancy without catching another cold!!:wacko:

Gagrl, so glad to hear it went well! That's awesome you got almost everything you asked for. It's so exciting to really begin gathering all the items you want/need. It makes everything so much more real I think.

Dragonfly, oh no! I hope you feel better soon. :( Colds are awful. I must have came down with at least 5 or 6 of them this winter, but thankfully I haven't had one in a few weeks.

Not much new to report here. I basically feel like I'm just in the countdown now waiting for the final few weeks to pass until we meet baby. It's bitter sweet because it's my last baby and last pregnancy so I really want to enjoy every last minute of it, but at the same time I am ready to have my body and energy back and meet my daughter.

37 weeks tomorrow!!! Getting close! Yesterday I had my strep b swab test and while he was in the area my obgyn checked for dilation. I was 1cm dilated which I know didn't mean much but it's nice to hear my body is preparing at least a little bit.

Sil that's so exciting!!! Just a couple more weeks and you'll be holding your little bundle.. I have my 34 week appointment tomorrow and I have a few things I want to talk to my doctor about... I've been leaking colostrum for about two weeks now, but have also had drops of blood coming out of ducts on both sides, so they will check that tomorrow. I'm also having a lot of pressure down there and feel like I've got a bowling ball between my legs so I might have her check me tomorrow... I know it's way early.

Gagrl that sounds really uncomfortable, I'm not sure what would cause the blood with colostrum.

Sil sounds like body is prepping!

I plan on asking my midwife to check for any dilation at my 36 week appointment Tuesday, with all the cramping and braxton hicks I'm having I'd love to know if my body was prepping at all! Still haven't washed any baby clothes or prepped anything... but I did buy pads today!

Well ladies, today is officially the longest I've ever been pregnant! I had DS1 at 38+5 at 2 am (in labor at 38+4), and DS2 at 38+2. I'm now 38+5 with no obvious signs of labor. Lots of Braxton hicks, but other than that everything feels normal. I have an obgyn appointment in two hours. Last week I was 3 cm and 80% effaced, but apparently that doesn't mean much since I'm still here, haha. I'll be interested to see what they say today. I'm strep b positive and nervous that if I get much more dilated that my labor will be too quick to get the antibiotics. Labor with DS2 was VERY quick and I had him 15 minutes after arriving to the hospital by ambulance so I'm super anxious about that.

Wow Sil, this baby wants to cook :) Does your doctor have a plan about your quick labors and needing antibiotics for strep b?

At 36 weeks I was 2cm dilated and 75% effaced, this week is the exact same. My midwife found her head before my cervix. I plan to opt out next week for the check, I find them beyond painful and it was so disappointing to find out nothing had changed in the past week. Especially with all the cramping and braxton hicks I've been having.

Anyone deal with extra fluid before? Right now my amniotic fluid is at 25 which my midwife said is borderline high, I go back next week for an ultrasound to see if it's changed or stayed the same. Baby is also measuring at 8 lbs 9 oz, I know they're guesses and aren't always right but they were right with our first. My midwife said that if baby is over 9 pounds they'll suggest a c-section because of the possibility that I've also developed GD late in the game.

SIL - So close! Sorry about the strep b and worries. Hope all turns out ok.

Dragon - They just said my fluid looked good, no number, so I'm clueless on that one.

Are the dilation checks painful for everyone? I get my first on Friday 😬

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"