July/August (Summer Sunbeams) 2012!

Buttons: half hour labour?!?!?! Holy Moly! How do you even get your head around what's happening? You'll have to elaborate.

Puppycat: oh he looks so GRUMPY! hahah but beautiful. I hope he gets into the groove of things quickly. He has so much to get used to and so much to learn. The crazy will settle down, I'm sure. He's lovely.

It was crazy and very intense. My labour was an hour and a half with dd1 so I expected it to be quicker. My waters broke got in car at 2.30 pains started every couple of minutes got to hospital at 2.50 and pains were then every minute and she was born 8 mins later

Congrats Buttons and Puppycat!! I'm so jealous! lol

Well, today is my due date. Baby is super active but no sign of him coming out any time soon. The doctor convinced me to schedule an induction for Thursday, since at my last appointment I wasn't dilated at all and hadn't made any change from the previous weeks. He is just starting off with cervidil, and he thinks it will take a couple of days for that to thin out my stubborn cervix. I am hoping and praying I can have him naturally before then, but in the end I just want a health little boy.

Any tips to get labor going??

CONGRATS PUPPY AND BUTTONS!!!

wow that is a very very fast labor and delivery! haha lucky you!

Can't wait to see more photos!

Good luck to the mama's still waiting!

I think my water might be leaking?!? I took a bath earlier and *TMI* had really wet panties after I got dressed, I thought maybe I just got a lot of water up in there? Put on a panty liner, and the "dripping" has continued, clear odorless water-like fluid. When I sat down on the toilet a minute ago I heard water splashing in and I KNOW I didn't pee! I read that I should lay down for an hour to let the baby's head move out of the way, and see if there is more of a "gush" when I get up, so that's the plan right now...

*Please let this be it!!*

congrats buttons and puppycat!

thought id share my bump and pp bump pics

so its 38 weeks, 6 days pp and 12 days pp

Attachments

• IMAG0124.jpg
    IMAG0124.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0147.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
Britastic - might be it! sure does sound like it! FX for you.

apple - nice shrinkage!

AFM - My LO has made another move toward coming home. got the iv in his heart out yesterday. he still has bad reflux but they r hoping to control it with meds.

DHime thanks- i can see my toes!
congrats on one more step towards getting your baby home, its going to be such an exciting and emotional day for you.

any news britastic?

Congrats to all who have had their babys & labour dust to all who are still waiting.

I had my baby this morning at 1.10am, very fast home water birth, delivered by my sister as the midwifes didnt make it in time. Had a little baby boy, 6lb 10oz at 40+2, no name as yet as i was convinced i was having a girl lol.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/SpookyAngel/2DACE1AB-8136-4B2B-AE25-5671674F4430-47493-000021BC3DEBDC5C.jpg

Wow torz congrats on your little man sounds like a great birth even if mw didn't make it! X

congrats! Sounds like an amazing half hour. Was it more painful with a shorter labor?

AFM -
My LO was able to latch on! Gonna do another session tomorrow. Also, it looks like he will come home Wednesday!!!!! We are nervous, happy, scared, overwhelmed, excited, and just plain terrified all at the same time.

I cant say whether it was more painful or not really. I had pethadine & gas & air during the birth of DS1 & the pethadine made me forget alot of the birth & pain. I cant even say that a water birth is any less painful it just made it easier to stay in the position that i felt most comfy.

One thing i do know from this labour is that you dont always feel the contractions in the stomach area. My OH phoned labour & delivery ward at 10.45pm & when i had spoken to them they told me that because i was only feeling pain in my back & hips & not my stomach then i wasnt in established labour. I got told to take two paracetamol & have a bath which i did later on & to phone them back when i was feeling pain over the whole of my stomach. Well that never happened, the pain & intensity just increased in my back & hips, mainly my hips.

I had my baby girl too! after a loong labour, gas and air. Worth every minute tho! Congrats everyone!

I had my little boy on 10th August by emergency c section for placental abruption called Rory James, It was a very frightening time and I was so scared I would lose him. My husbands cousin had a stillborn last autumn for this reason. Fortunately our boy was fine, and I was ok although lost a lot of blood and they found some problems inside such as adhesions and endometriosis and my left ovary, tube and bowel are stuck together. The spinal didnt fully work and I felt the pain of the adhesions in my left side, the anaesthetist offered to put me to sleep but I refused as our son had been born and I didnt want to miss a thing............so they doped me up instead. Was all quite traumatic and when I feel tearful its because I think of what happened and how lucky I am to have our son with us.

I hope everyone else has had their babies safely and enjoying little bundles of delight.
xxx

coastgirl how stressful for you. im glad your little boy is okay. i hope your recovery is smooth x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->