~ * ~ July Beach Bumps ~ * ~

Thanks girls! Am soooo excited! Not told anyone yet and we're going to wait til 12 weeks to tell anyone, apart from our parents who we might tell soon...

This is our first baby so am a bit unsure of things. Can i have a scan before 12 weeks or is it usually at 12 weeks? Also, do i need to contact a midwife yet?!

Oh and i like the beach bumps name so will go and vote :thumbup:

Hi Freckles

It depends on where you live and hospital as to when you get your first scan some get it at 8 weeks some 13 weeks

You do need to contact your midwife, I did it directly or you can go through your dr (it may be different depending on what country your in too)

Thanks for your reply.

I will see what my doctor says on the 16th Nov about a scan then O:)

I live in England. Will do a search for midwife's on the internet as i don't know of any and can't ask for any recommendations at the moment LOL

Waiting for the midwife to ring me back about my booking appointment....maybe spending 2 months back home in Germany wasn't such a good idea after all. lol

freckles if you want an early scan its about £100 to get one done privately. Am high risk apparently so I get one anyway but if I hadn't I would have paid the money. x

Thanks for your reply.

I will see what my doctor says on the 16th Nov about a scan then O:)

I live in England. Will do a search for midwife's on the internet as i don't know of any and can't ask for any recommendations at the moment LOL

Call your GP and they should be able to tell you with community midwives are for your area and give u a phonenumber or even book you an appointment (I beling to a military medcentre where they can book appointments in the medcentre not sure how civvi do it)

yeah pretty much the same - theyre attached to GP's so each surgery has it's own MW. I went to see my GP when I found out with my son and they booked me in straight away to see the MW. Have just moved though so really need to re register....

Thanks for your replies, i'll give my docs a call this arvo to get a MW recommendation. Eeek it's all so exciting :happydance:

Will prob wait for a scan rather than pay privately although i'm impatient LOL

Yeah call the doctors because they have to refer you to the MW, they seem a bit busy in most areas now so alot of people are not getting booking in appoinments until 12-13 weeks its seems!

Hello ladies,
nice line DM :hugs: Its so cool that we are around the same time, couple of LTTTC'rs :)

I am getting a scan at 6w5d and 12w3d, both are booked :happydance:
Gosh I think we will all feel so much better after that first scan hey.

I am 5 weeks today, so exciting. Feeling much better today as I finally slept well last night...yeah

congrats to all the new bfps, looks like a great thread

Hugs,

Random question but i have a hair appointment on Sat to get a full head of highlights... is this safe?

I'm not finding a lot on the internet - lots say it's safe, lots say it isn't!

My hairdresser told me last time I was preg everything but a perm is safe, but I would maybe mention it to hairdresser if your happy to?

Random question but i have a hair appointment on Sat to get a full head of highlights... is this safe?

I'm not finding a lot on the internet - lots say it's safe, lots say it isn't!

I read recently that it's not recommended within the first trimester.

Freckles:
https://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-color-my-hair-during-pregnancy_3273.bc

It says there's no evidence that hair coloring is unsafe but if you're concerned about it they recommend getting highlights instead of full coloring so I think you're okay!

Er..... anyone else got one of these yet?

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/lefunch/DSC01205.jpg

Because I am now a bit worried that I have a litter on board....

Er..... anyone else got one of these yet?

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/lefunch/DSC01205.jpg

Because I am now a bit worried that I have a litter on board....

what the heck????!!!! :shrug: seriously, you have to further along than that DM...ha ha, or yeah maybe triplets??!! I JUST got my 2-3 weeks at 4w4d
I must say I may have a bit of digital test envy.... :blush:

I think in the olden days the hair dye was not as good and not recommended, from what my doc says, its now a bit of a wives tale about the hair dye. If you are concerned, highlights would be the best

:hugs:

Bloody hell DM i only got my 2-3 on tuesday! I would bet money on there being two in there . . .

Feeling very crampy this afternoon which is not helping with the knicker checking! Had a good day yesterday but its all gone to hell today . . . I know the cramps are normal but it makes my heart go into my mouth waiting for them to stop or stay dull.

Thanks for the link. Still not sure what to do. The highlights are foils so not much (if any) will touch the scalp...?

Don't really want to ask my hairdresser as she is a close friend and we aren't telling people til 12 weeks...

Thanks for the link. Still not sure what to do. The highlights are foils so not much (if any) will touch the scalp...?

Don't really want to ask my hairdresser as she is a close friend and we aren't telling people til 12 weeks...

When I had highlights with foils I don't think any of the chemicals touched my scalp. I think you should do whatever you feel comfortable with. If you think you'll be worried about it afterwards than maybe just wait until 2nd tri. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->