July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

I am nine weeks too cally and my symptoms went. They came back again last night but have been coming and going..
O have had two miscarriages in the past and my symptoms were intense throughout so I don't think there is always a correlation between how bad you feel and how well bean is doing. Sure all is fine!
I used a Doppler throughout my last pregnancy. It only cost £18 and gave me great reassurance

Thanks Twinkletots, I feel really insensitive worrying about something I haven't been through, and others on the board have. I'm sorry about your miscarriages. I always advise others to not worry about stuff until it's actually happened as nothing can be achieved by worrying about what ifs, but I'm very bad at following my own mantra!

Going to do my best to keep calm and carry on :wacko:

The first trimester SUCKS! Apart from the initial positive test, all it is is a bunch of worry. Grrr. I hate First Tri. Bring on the second trimester!!!

Ultrasound in a few hours. Hopefully the day goes by quickly. I WANNA SEE MY FRECKLE!!!!

Cute story, my youngest is so excited about Freckle that she pretends she has a Freckle in her belly too, so if you try to tickle her belly, she'll scream at you not to touch her Freckle. :rofl:

Thanks Twinkletots, I feel really insensitive worrying about something I haven't been through, and others on the board have. I'm sorry about your miscarriages. I always advise others to not worry about stuff until it's actually happened as nothing can be achieved by worrying about what ifs, but I'm very bad at following my own mantra!

Going to do my best to keep calm and carry on :wacko:

I think it's totally normal to worry but as you say we must try and keep calm and carry on!

Good luck at scan Brandi! I have my booking appt with midwife tomorrow and think I am seeing a genetic counsellor to discuss screening tests.

Some days I'm happy and excited, others I'm paranoid about every twinge and run to the loo all the time. 6 weeks today :)

Thank you, and good luck to you as well. I'm going to ask for the genetic screen as well. I think there's a new one called the MaternaT21É I`ve always just had the IPS Screening...but I do already have a child with genetic abnormalities, so it``ll be good to rule out, or prepare myself.

callypygous- Have you already had a scan prior to now love? I have much lessened symptoms since about 8w 3d and bean was totally fine when i saw them a couple of days ago. It's at this point that HCG peaks , levels off for a couple of weeks and then begins to fall dramatically. Graph shows this here: https://cnx.org/content/m46353/latest/2919_Hormones_Initiating_Labor-02.jpg

I noticed my symptoms would surge for a day or two and then level for a day, then surge again. Now it's every few days i may get nausea in the evenings. I think the body simply becomes accustomed to the hormone levels and certainly by 10 weeks the symptoms of sickness ought to drop dramatically while other symptoms appear as the result of increasing progesterone and estrogens.....fun times! Also, I freaked myself out about the same thing - the easiest way I found to solve it is just to book yourself in for an early ultrasound if you're able to. A doppler is liable to cause anxiety of you can't find the heartbeat (it is really really tricky to find it early on! or certainly it was for me). Whatever happens, I hope you can remain calm etc....only 3 more weeks till the big 12! :) x

Hi! I don't think I've posted here before. I was redirected from another forum. I guess everyone has moved here :thumbup:

I'm due July 14, according to my latest scan.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Thank you, and good luck to you as well. I'm going to ask for the genetic screen as well. I think there's a new one called the MaternaT21É I`ve always just had the IPS Screening...but I do already have a child with genetic abnormalities, so it``ll be good to rule out, or prepare myself.

What genetic abnormalities does your child have if you don't mind me asking? Was it picked up prenatally?
My last daughter has Down's syndrome which wasn't detected prenatally so came as quite a shock. I will be offered a diagnostic test this time like CVS or amniocentesis but I am nervous of the risk with these as I have already had two losses in the past.
Pregnancy is so stressful!

I have the Australian version of the angel sounds one with a 3mhz? Probe. I got mine brand new from a garage/yard sale for $15! But from what I've read the 2mhz one goes 2-4cm down and the 3mhz goes 5-8cm.

Afm; I have my scan in 4 hours and very anxious I think. I've never been this far pregnant and have never seen a heart beat before. Also if all goes to plan I'm going clothes shopping after as none of my pants fit, and all of my tops are tight and make me feel very nauseous.

Just wondering how you ladies are dealing with having to sleep on your side? I'm usually a tummy sleeper and no matter what I do I always roll over in my sleep and wake a few hours later in severe pain and vometing from it..?

Hope your scan goes well!yayy, I feel like my jeans are getting a little snug :/ I've also been a tummy sleeper my whole life but I actually love sleeping on my side now, just have DH hug you that's how I fall asleep lol. Try putting a pillow in front so it won't allow you to roll over all the way and even if you do it wouldn't be very comfy and you'd wake up and lay on your side again.

I plan on buying this when i get bigger, and have heard from my friends this is the best pillow to sleep with!

https://www.target.com/p/snoogle-or...: Emre's&itemLineNum=18&reqQty=1&preSelFlag=1

I have had a crampy and upset tummy today so a resorted to ringing the EPAU to explain I'm having cramping and also I'm terrified because my mmc was found at 10 weeks last time and I'm nearly 10 weeks. They have agreed to do a reassurance scan on Tuesday. Must say I'm relieved.

I will be nine weeks tomorrow! Have just spent the best part of an hour trying to find the baby's heartbeat with my new Sonoline B doppler to no avail. I think I've found the placenta, which has a swooshing noise and a rate of 120-130 beats per minute, but I can't seem to find the baby's heart beat at all. I will try again in the morning with a full bladder. Has anyone else had trouble finding theirs?

I did the first few times.
I have the same doppler and i ended up finding the heartbeat at 8 weeks 4 days. Takes time. I always have luck at night, after eating dinner with a full belly. I've tried it with a full bladder and didn't seem to help. I also used headphones which i feel made it easier to focus in on the different sounds. Then When i found it, i would yell to hubby and unplug so he could hear. You will find it! Just keep trying. Make sure you use plenty of jelly and apply pressure. Its right near the placenta (sounds like a wind tunnel). Once you find the placenta, Try holding the probe in place and tilting it SLOWLY side to side to listen around. Also the fetus could be hiding or facing away from the probe. Don't worry though! If you read the pamphlet it said for use after 16 weeks. :)

Thanks IMBHJ. I must admit that not being able to find anything has worried me. I've had very few symptoms so far and just don't feel pregnant. OH keeps telling me not to be silly, but that doesn't really help. We have a scan tomorrow, so at least that will provide some answers. The only symptoms that I've had are occasion bad cramps (maybe four days a week) and general bloating. I haven't been sick or nauseous at all, which is a good thing, but does make me worry! I'll give the doppler a third attempt tonight after supper. I wasn't sure how hard i should be pressing, so tried gentle and firm pressure. I think I detected the placenta, but seemed to find it on both sides with a gap in between???!:wacko:

What genetic abnormalities does your child have if you don't mind me asking? Was it picked up prenatally?
My last daughter has Down's syndrome which wasn't detected prenatally so came as quite a shock. I will be offered a diagnostic test this time like CVS or amniocentesis but I am nervous of the risk with these as I have already had two losses in the past.
Pregnancy is so stressful!

My daughter has microcephaly, epilepsy, a chromosome translocation (15p to either 13 or 21...still trying to find that out), peripheral hypotonia, immersion hypothermia, autism, and anhidrosis.

She POSSIBLY has Phelan-McDermid Syndrome (22q13 Deletion Syndrome...still investigating), so as of right now, all we know is she has an undiagnosed neurometabolic condition.

Sounds like you have it tough Brandi. My OH's eldest son has DiGeorge Syndrome (22Q11 deletion syndrome) and has really been through the mill with him over the years (numerous open heart surgeries and other ops). We're really worried we might have the same problem with this baby, but I don't really want to have an amniocentesis or CVS test given the risks involved and the fact it has taken me more than 3 years to get pregnant. There is always something to worry about and I guess it never stops for the rest of your life once you have children!

I still can't find the baby with my Doppler I've got the hi bebe one it's suppose to be the one that the midwives use. But from what I've read they don't even try until 16 weeks so trying not to worry about it yet.

Trying to book a scan next week to put my mind at ease.

callypygous- Have you already had a scan prior to now love? I have much lessened symptoms since about 8w 3d and bean was totally fine when i saw them a couple of days ago. It's at this point that HCG peaks , levels off for a couple of weeks and then begins to fall dramatically. Graph shows this here: https://cnx.org/content/m46353/latest/2919_Hormones_Initiating_Labor-02.jpg

I noticed my symptoms would surge for a day or two and then level for a day, then surge again. Now it's every few days i may get nausea in the evenings. I think the body simply becomes accustomed to the hormone levels and certainly by 10 weeks the symptoms of sickness ought to drop dramatically while other symptoms appear as the result of increasing progesterone and estrogens.....fun times! Also, I freaked myself out about the same thing - the easiest way I found to solve it is just to book yourself in for an early ultrasound if you're able to. A doppler is liable to cause anxiety of you can't find the heartbeat (it is really really tricky to find it early on! or certainly it was for me). Whatever happens, I hope you can remain calm etc....only 3 more weeks till the big 12! :) x

Hi Linnypops, thanks for sharing that graph. It's really interesting and does help explain a lot. I had a scan last week at 8+1 and I even looked like I was measuring ahead of that, so I may already be closer to 10 weeks now. Everything looked good at the scan, and even though it was a week ago - I just feel so different now.

That graph reassures me that hopefully everything is just stabilizing, and I shall do my best to enjoy it while it lasts :)

I have the Australian version of the angel sounds one with a 3mhz? Probe. I got mine brand new from a garage/yard sale for $15! But from what I've read the 2mhz one goes 2-4cm down and the 3mhz goes 5-8cm.

Afm; I have my scan in 4 hours and very anxious I think. I've never been this far pregnant and have never seen a heart beat before. Also if all goes to plan I'm going clothes shopping after as none of my pants fit, and all of my tops are tight and make me feel very nauseous.

Just wondering how you ladies are dealing with having to sleep on your side? I'm usually a tummy sleeper and no matter what I do I always roll over in my sleep and wake a few hours later in severe pain and vometing from it..?

Hope your scan goes well!yayy, I feel like my jeans are getting a little snug :/ I've also been a tummy sleeper my whole life but I actually love sleeping on my side now, just have DH hug you that's how I fall asleep lol. Try putting a pillow in front so it won't allow you to roll over all the way and even if you do it wouldn't be very comfy and you'd wake up and lay on your side again.

I plan on buying this when i get bigger, and have heard from my friends this is the best pillow to sleep with!

https://www.target.com/p/snoogle-or...: Emre's&itemLineNum=18&reqQty=1&preSelFlag=1

I have bought me one a week ago, I already cant sleep, as I am so uncomfortable.... It works wonders... And hubby tries and steals it... lol

Sounds like you have it tough Brandi. My OH's eldest son has DiGeorge Syndrome (22Q11 deletion syndrome) and has really been through the mill with him over the years (numerous open heart surgeries and other ops). We're really worried we might have the same problem with this baby, but I don't really want to have an amniocentesis or CVS test given the risks involved and the fact it has taken me more than 3 years to get pregnant. There is always something to worry about and I guess it never stops for the rest of your life once you have children!

For the most part, she does well...it's extreme temperatures and fevers that we have the most difficulty with. Overall development is that of a 3 year old (she'll be 7 in March), but she can't go outside in certain temperatures, or her body temperatures drops too quickly and she goes cyanotic and can go into shock, or, her body temperature rises to quickly, and she dehydrates, seizes, and could go into shock. She's hospitalized for every fever, because her body temperature rises too quickly and dehydrates her, so we speed out to the hospitals and get her on an IV for 12 or more hours. She needs something to replace the fluids she's losing from her fevers. So, as long as we avoid fevers and extreme temperatures, it's more behaviours. She'll be starting ABA therapy soon and is in OT to lessen her PICA, but it can be tough sometimes.

She was tested for Angelman's, which was negative. DiGeorge was as well. We've exhausted almost every genetic test, so now we're raising money to do Whole Genome Sequencing in the hopes of a diagnosis, and also going over genetic tests again with several samples looking for a mosaic genetic syndrome, but she most perfectly fits Phelan-McDermid Syndrome. Her MRI's suggest she has a metabolic disease as well.

Sorry to hear about DH's little guy. What a trooper though, to go through all that and still come out strong. Our babies are fighters. It's amazing what they can accomplish!

I wouldn't terminate the pregnancy if anything came back saying there was a genetic abnormality. I want it done just to prepare myself if anything does come back.

Mamas and papas UK store have 30% off everything until midnight on Sunday.
I just bought the cutest teddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->