July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

I wouldn't want to terminate either, but I think OH may have mixed feelings given what he has already been through with his son and the fact he is quite old now. I don't see how we could ever tell his son that we'd had a termination because the baby had the same condition he had though. That would be awful. OH is lucky in that his son (now 17) is at the better end of the spectrum of symptoms. Some kids with DiGeorge syndrome have a very poor quality of life indeed. You just don't know how bad they are going to be until they get older. I guess you just have to take one day at a time.

Callypygous - You've probably heard these stats before but possibly not? - after seeing the heartbeat your chances of miscarriage drop right down. They drop down increasingly the further along you are. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18310375

Of course, many women have had mc's after seeing their babies but I think there are often indications like slow heart rates, and extremely slow growth over a week behind etc...not always of course, there are some very sad examples where everything appears perfect and then suddenly is not. But, fortunately for us all that is very uncommon I think, certainly according to everything i've read and also what my ultrasound tech told me....So. I think you are going to be just fine! You're experiencing the exact same thing as many other women around 9 weeks including myself. :)

Callypygous - You've probably heard these stats before but possibly not? - after seeing the heartbeat your chances of miscarriage drop right down. They drop down increasingly the further along you are. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18310375

Of course, many women have had mc's after seeing their babies but I think there are often indications like slow heart rates, and extremely slow growth over a week behind etc...not always of course, there are some very sad examples where everything appears perfect and then suddenly is not. But, fortunately for us all that is very uncommon I think, certainly according to everything i've read and also what my ultrasound tech told me....So. I think you are going to be just fine! You're experiencing the exact same thing as many other women around 9 weeks including myself. :)

This is the type of miscarriage I had :( baby was fine with a hb at 6+4 then had vanished by 10weeks. I think that could have related to hormone imbalances though.

Charlie - I'm really sorry to hear that love, it must have been devastating. It seems like later mc's are more related to hormones and other imbalances rather than early ones which seem mostly chromosomal. I read that somewhere but i've no idea how accurate it is actually, presumably quite accurate otherwise the incidence of mc wouldn't drop quite so drastically as time goes on.

Thanks IMBHJ. I must admit that not being able to find anything has worried me. I've had very few symptoms so far and just don't feel pregnant. OH keeps telling me not to be silly, but that doesn't really help. We have a scan tomorrow, so at least that will provide some answers. The only symptoms that I've had are occasion bad cramps (maybe four days a week) and general bloating. I haven't been sick or nauseous at all, which is a good thing, but does make me worry! I'll give the doppler a third attempt tonight after supper. I wasn't sure how hard i should be pressing, so tried gentle and firm pressure. I think I detected the placenta, but seemed to find it on both sides with a gap in between???!:wacko:

I had a scan at 7 weeks 4 days. When 7 weeks came around i had NO symptoms. Except tired at night. I never had morning sickness, some food aversions, but never nausea. I thought for sure i wouldn't see anything on the scan. As soon as i saw the heart beating away, i cried.
I'm sure everything this fine. PLEASE don't worry if you cant find it. This is why people say pregnant women should use the doppler, as they can cause extra added stress. Its not an easy thing to use. You will find it. :)
Good luck with the scan tomorrow! So exciting! You will see the little heartbeat flickering away! Its so amazing!

I have the Australian version of the angel sounds one with a 3mhz? Probe. I got mine brand new from a garage/yard sale for $15! But from what I've read the 2mhz one goes 2-4cm down and the 3mhz goes 5-8cm.

Afm; I have my scan in 4 hours and very anxious I think. I've never been this far pregnant and have never seen a heart beat before. Also if all goes to plan I'm going clothes shopping after as none of my pants fit, and all of my tops are tight and make me feel very nauseous.

Just wondering how you ladies are dealing with having to sleep on your side? I'm usually a tummy sleeper and no matter what I do I always roll over in my sleep and wake a few hours later in severe pain and vometing from it..?

Hope your scan goes well!yayy, I feel like my jeans are getting a little snug :/ I've also been a tummy sleeper my whole life but I actually love sleeping on my side now, just have DH hug you that's how I fall asleep lol. Try putting a pillow in front so it won't allow you to roll over all the way and even if you do it wouldn't be very comfy and you'd wake up and lay on your side again.

I plan on buying this when i get bigger, and have heard from my friends this is the best pillow to sleep with!

https://www.target.com/p/snoogle-or...: Emre's&itemLineNum=18&reqQty=1&preSelFlag=1

I bought it a couple weeks ago! It is so helpful and comfy! Even though it's early, the bloating and tender bbs have been miserable and I am a stomach sleeper so I indulged. I just might sleep with it for life! :hugs:

This is why I won't get a doppler, I panicked over pregnancy tests, so I'd be a nightmare if I couldn't find the heartbeat. Ignorance is bliss for me I think.

I have new bras, not maternity ones, just ones with no underwire. They are hideous, but sooooooooo comfortable. I have a different one for night time too, as when I role over in the night they hurt.

I cannot believe I only just found this thread! I'm such a numpty.
Hi everyone I'm a July Jellybean too with an EDD 27th July.
I'm in the UK so I've not had any booking apt, scan, blood work at all yet so I just feel like a bit of a drifter at the moment with not much to talk about :haha:

Nice too meet you all...I've just skim read this thread and bloody hell you all move so quickly.

Nice to meet you :flower:

I'm glad I've got a scan Tuesday because I honestly believe I'll finally relax after this one. I'll be past the point they found the last mmc then I can finally have a scan where I'm not terrified for my dating scan. Yey.

Charlie - Great - it's good to get past those scary points and then enjoy the pregnancy!

Freckle, 7w3d and heartbeat of 150

Attachments

• 7w3d Freckle.jpg
    7w3d Freckle.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 18
Gorgeous scan pics! In the second pic freckle looks like a jelly baby! Too cute!

Hi! I don't think I've posted here before. I was redirected from another forum. I guess everyone has moved here :thumbup:

I'm due July 14, according to my latest scan.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hi littlelotus

How you getting on? Hope your feeling well x

Ooh and welcome to all the July ladies on the other thread! I was on that one too, as well as hanging out on this one :)

The more the merrier. Woohoo for lots of July babies :) :happydance:

I love your avatar littlelotus - so cool :)

I have the Australian version of the angel sounds one with a 3mhz? Probe. I got mine brand new from a garage/yard sale for $15! But from what I've read the 2mhz one goes 2-4cm down and the 3mhz goes 5-8cm.

Afm; I have my scan in 4 hours and very anxious I think. I've never been this far pregnant and have never seen a heart beat before. Also if all goes to plan I'm going clothes shopping after as none of my pants fit, and all of my tops are tight and make me feel very nauseous.

Just wondering how you ladies are dealing with having to sleep on your side? I'm usually a tummy sleeper and no matter what I do I always roll over in my sleep and wake a few hours later in severe pain and vometing from it..?

Hope your scan goes well!yayy, I feel like my jeans are getting a little snug :/ I've also been a tummy sleeper my whole life but I actually love sleeping on my side now, just have DH hug you that's how I fall asleep lol. Try putting a pillow in front so it won't allow you to roll over all the way and even if you do it wouldn't be very comfy and you'd wake up and lay on your side again.

I plan on buying this when i get bigger, and have heard from my friends this is the best pillow to sleep with!

https://www.target.com/p/snoogle-or...: Emre's&itemLineNum=18&reqQty=1&preSelFlag=1

Thanks. I'm in Australia, and have never seen those pillows before, I have a straight body pillow and I sleep with one either side of me but I still tend to sleep ontop of it :dohh: although I found if I put another pillow ontop of that it stops me from rolling ontop of it.:thumbup:

Awesome scan Brandi, I'm glad everything was fine.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->