July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

The reason I raised the method of conception is because i've been told that there is a higher rate of miscarriage with IVF pregnancies than with natural pregnancies. I don't know if that's correct or not, but those with IVF pregnancies may wish to take extra care if it is, especially if it has taken them three plus years to achieve their first pregnancy (the usual wait time for IVF treatment in the UK). Thus, for example, after egg transfer many IVF patients, especially those in the US, are recommended to have three days bed rest according to what I've read on the forums. That is not something that you would do after a natural conception. I guess this is just one of the ways things differ. Being told not to have a bath for a number of weeks after treatment (i.e. during the two week wait) is another. Sorry, I should have been clearer for my reasons for raising it in my first post.

8 weeks today and I think I have expanded just a teensy bit

Attachments

• expand.jpg
    expand.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 22
Cute bump Brandi!

Yes my friend who's have IVF is refraining entirely on Doc's advice.. but I've also noticed Doc's opinions seems to vary widely on all sorts of preggo matters. Like one Gynae I saw said to me 'Pregnancy is not a disease. Eat whatever you want, except for raw meat. You will find you get more tired than usual when you exercise, but that's about it. You can have sex. Do you have any questions?' I have to confess that a part of me did think, only a man would say that!

After a traumatic orgasm at 5 weeks preggo where I was cramping and vomiting after, I nervously tried again at 8 weeks, and finally dtd on the weekend and everything seems to be back to working order. Phew! :haha:

Ironic the topic of o has come up. Hubby and I dtd yesterday and I had a massive bleed after. I did not have any cramping and it stopped after a couple hours. I think it may have been caused by a rough session. But of course it has me freaking out. I am hoping my Doppler comes today to ease my mind. For now I am forcing myself to rest except to go to class tonight.

Have any of you experienced flu like symptoms. I don't know If this is severe ms or if I'm coming down with the flu :( I have cold chills but am burning up my neck is sore and I just keep dry heaving. This is horrible and on top of that my manager just asked me if I was pregnant!!!!!!! Ugh

Ironic the topic of o has come up. Hubby and I dtd yesterday and I had a massive bleed after. I did not have any cramping and it stopped after a couple hours. I think it may have been caused by a rough session. But of course it has me freaking out. I am hoping my Doppler comes today to ease my mind. For now I am forcing myself to rest except to go to class tonight.

If you can't find the heartbeat with the doppler then please don't let that worry you. I tried my doppler the other night and couldn't find anything and it made me panic something was wrong. When I went for a scan the next day I was convinced i would be told we'd lost the baby, but everything was fine. I still can't find the heartbeat with the doppler, but am not worrying about it now. My consultant was horrified I was trying to use a doppler when I mentioned it. He said in his experience many women can't find anything and then panic like mad something is wrong when everything is fine (just like I'd done). Whilst I hope you have better luck with yours than I've had with mine, don't worry if you can't find anything with it. I spent over an hour moving it slowly around my belly again last night and still found naught.

i jumped on here just to complain about MS! Mine gets worse as the day goes on and my body tells me to eat to make it better (but nothing is appetizing...). Glad to see I'm not the only one! I wish I had kept better notes throughout my first pregnancy to see when my MS went away, but I want to say it was around 10 weeks...one more week to go!

Hi Ladies.
This thread moves so quickly. Dont get on much an when I do takes about an hour to catch up :)
AFM I had "all day" sickness from 6-10 weeks. This weekend I think it finally went away. **** Fingers crossed****
I am 10 weeks 3 days today and the past couple of days I have felt great.
Seem to be just as tired and occasional BB's sore but other than that much better. I'll take it.
Next appointment Dec 30.
Take care everyone.

Oh I almost forgot.. and to add to my good news of less sickness. Just found out this morning that Mister is getting to come home a month early. Instead of July he gets to come home in June. Might be a close one but we're praying he's here in time.
Due July 4th but both my kids have came 2 weeks early :)

Aww lovely news JackJack that's great.

Frustrated I still can't find a heartbeat either all the books say don't bother trying until 16 weeks because even if you think your hearing your baby's heart beat you are most likely just hearing an artery.

I still try every week and always hear the placenta swishing away. X

The reason I raised the method of conception is because i've been told that there is a higher rate of miscarriage with IVF pregnancies than with natural pregnancies. I don't know if that's correct or not, but those with IVF pregnancies may wish to take extra care if it is, especially if it has taken them three plus years to achieve their first pregnancy (the usual wait time for IVF treatment in the UK). Thus, for example, after egg transfer many IVF patients, especially those in the US, are recommended to have three days bed rest according to what I've read on the forums. That is not something that you would do after a natural conception. I guess this is just one of the ways things differ. Being told not to have a bath for a number of weeks after treatment (i.e. during the two week wait) is another. Sorry, I should have been clearer for my reasons for raising it in my first post.

Oh Frustrated you are correct about 3 days of bed rest and no bath for weeks after transfer of embies back into ones body. Those were my dr orders. The wifey had me on best rest for 5 days and since then I do not do a whole lot of anything, lol. I understand precautions and all I"m just curious as to why, thats all....

You will find the heartbeat. Its there. one of my biggest markers is finding my own heartbeat mid, low abdomen, then the fetal heartbeat is usually right next to it. The smallest tilt of the wand and i find it. Though, remember that is just me, and i'm sure its different in everyone. But keep trying :)
You could also try to watch some you tube videos of people finding it around the same weeks you are. (i did and it helped me).
Good luck!

I conceived via IVF and we've DTD twice, first time before my last scan and then yesterday morning. I've got another scan tomorrow to hopefully confirm all is well. My doctor never put me on bed rest although complications in egg collection had me resting for a few days after.
Scan tomorrow is 8:45 am so at least we're in early, I'm terrified but also reasonably confident all will be okay as we were told it should be at 8 weeks :/ glad hubby's going to be with me

https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/varah89/null_zps9dd6d7a3.jpg
Hi girls, had my scan. All good. Babies both measure 10+3 and both very active! So strange to see two babies on the ultrasound! They are non identical! X

I was able to find baby's heartbeat. It was pretty unmistakable and still reminds me of a train. :cloud9: When I was counting it sounded like it was just over 2 hb per second. My doppler said 150 so that is about right. I am so very relieved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->