July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

I have a mini-cooler sized water bottle that holds 8 glasses of water. I had been filling it every morning before work, and then finishing it by the time I go to bed, but I can't handle even half a glass of water without gagging and fighting to keep it down. It sucks!

I'm giving the bottle a shot again today and I've had a few sips from it three times now, and every time, almost immediately, I feel the water come right back up and I fight to keep it down.

can you try seltzer or sparkling water? the flavor and fizziness may help. It may get expensive but it would be better than not drinking anything!

Where is everyone planning on getting maternity wear in the UK? I've had a look online and am swaying to Mothercare for 1 pair of work trousers then maybe new look for the rest.

Where is everyone planning on getting maternity wear in the UK? I've had a look online and am swaying to Mothercare for 1 pair of work trousers then maybe new look for the rest.

Try Gap. They had quite a good selection in the US for casual stuff so I hope they will here too. I had a look at the next website the other day as I need long leg trousers and they are one of the few places to do them, but I was disappointed with their selection.

If you want something really nice, try Seraphine or Isabella Oliver. I bought some of their things in the sale before (wrap dresses) and they are lovely.

I don't wear dresses and I'm definitely not going to be getting into skinny jeans. I'm more of a very baggy jeans kind of girl. I'm hoping I can stay in my baggy jeans with a belly band but I suppose I'll have to see. I'll have no choice but to buy some new black work trousers though

I had a pair of Isabella Oliver maternity jeans last time and lived in them! I love her stuff x

I've got my maternity clothes out of storage but not wearing them yet. The joy of being a SAHM and not able to out much cos every time I do anything I bleed, means I get to stay in tracksuit bottoms most days. Yeah I look like a bit of a chav but they fit over the semi bump no problems.

I think by this stage in my previous pregnancies when I was working I was wearing a bump band over work trousers as I couldn't get the button done up.

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/MATERNITY-PREGNANCY-BELLY-BELT-BUMP-BAND-UNISIZE-GIFT-/00/s/NTYxWDY1MA==/$%28KGrHqR,!hIE8itnQtNcBP%28bwMCuJQ~~60_35.JPG

^^ A bump band. Vital wear for the too fat for normal clothes, not enough of a bump for maternity wear weeks. And also quite good throughout pregnancy with some clothes and make a good tummy cover for breastfeeding.

Grrr I think after all my efforts to not get it I have caught the cold going around the office.
Luckly me right???!!!!! The one that cant take over the counter meds to help.
Looks like it will be a early evening for me. Any of you ladies found anything soothing to help with a cold?

Last time I was pregnant I got all my Maternity clothes from Next and Dorothy Perkins but it looks like DP have stopped doing any and Next don't really seem to have much. New Look have some pretty dresses and ASOS have a lot of choice too.

X

I am due to start a new job on 6th Jan when I will be 13 weeks pregnant. Feel really guilty about starting and having to tell them I will be off in a few months to have a baby.
Thinking I should just come out with it on day one and tell them? They probably thought I was a safe bet cos I am still on maternity leave since having my last baby 4 1/2 months ago! Ha ha!

My job will be ending in Feb and I've contemplated getting another one before this one is done, contract work. But I am sure with having twins I will not be returning to the work force 8wks after having them. The wifey and I really want me to be sahm for awhile but I am nervous about it financially..... I dont stress about it tho. I'm sure I"ll sahm til they are at least a yr or so old maybe longer but time will I supoose.

Brandi you can already feel freckle move?

This is pregnancy #6, Baby #4. I felt my oldest at 14 weeks, my second at 11 weeks, and my youngest at 9 weeks, so I was quite shocked when I started feeling the shifts and pokes once or twice a day for a few minutes at 7.5 weeks. It's very low to the right, but unmistakeable. Feels great to know Freckle's growing well.

Grrr I think after all my efforts to not get it I have caught the cold going around the office.
Luckly me right???!!!!! The one that cant take over the counter meds to help.
Looks like it will be a early evening for me. Any of you ladies found anything soothing to help with a cold?

5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 cartons of Campbell's chicken broth
3 1/2 cups of broad egg noodles
40 baby carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
An entire bulb of garlic, minced (IMPORTANT)
1tsp pepper

Cook chicken and garlic in oil. Meanwhile, bring broth, pepper, and vegetables to a boil. Once cooked, add chicken and garlic to soup broth. DO NOT DRAIN CHICKEN BEFORE ADDING TO BROTH. Add noodles, and bring to a boil. Boil rapidly on high for 20 minutes, and serve.

This is seriously the miracle soup. Everytime I, or one of my kids, or my friends is sick, I make this and everyone feels better within 12 hours no matter the sickness. Give it a shot. It's yummy too.

Hi! I don't think I've posted here before. I was redirected from another forum. I guess everyone has moved here :thumbup:

I'm due July 14, according to my latest scan.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hi littlelotus

How you getting on? Hope your feeling well x

Thank you! I'm actually feeling much better. The nausea seems to have subsided and my food aversions aren't as strong. Still can't stand the idea of eating chicken though :wacko:

July 12th here :) It's my first and this is all VERY new to me!

I thought you meant playing hockey too haha.

Loads of luck for your 2nd interview Amalee. Sounds promising!

Astraloree - sorry you were disappointed in your experience. Glad your little bean is looking nice and healthy. I had my scan a similar gestation, didn't get a pic but from what I saw on the screen it was similar to what yours looks like. When will you next be scanned?

Sadly, not til 18-20 weeks... :(

Best diet ever. Lost 6lbs so far ha ha. I'm kidding of course, but I did need to lose it ha ha x

Worst diet for me already bmi 17 so I can't imagine losing more which I am .. Haha .. Ladies may I ask cos I'm kinda stuck .. When should u start a new born on a bottle?? I wud b breast feedin but only for six weeks because of work .. N has anyone had a water labour? .. It bit early to ask but good to know .. Ps that chicken soup sounds lovely .. I wud need it as I work with toddlers :)

I just worked out how baby was measuring for the CRL because the hospital are never clear cut and they've gone from 2 days behind to 1 day ahead, I'm so proud.
1 week until my proper dating scan then heading into the second trimester in the New Year. I must remember to do my midwife paperwork tonight though as booking in is Friday.

Hm. British ladies I notice you talking about midwife paperwork. I have my booking appt next week but I didn't know there was paperwork??? Should I have recieved something to that effect? They sent the letter for the appt to the wrong address originally and so I'm wondering if anything else has been lost. Thanks in advance for any info!

Charlie - great news that bean has grown! Apparently it does happen in spurts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->