July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Welcome Bell23! :flower:

And I also have my booking appointment early next week and would love to know if I need to prepare myself in anyway. DH isn't coming with me as I told him it will mainly be a lot of boring filling out forms and midwife said it will take an hour. Is there any info I should make sure I have from him before going? The only one I'm aware of is any potential for hereditary abnormalities(?!)

I haven't told my Mum about the pregnancy yet, so I haven't been able to ask her anything. Is there anything I would need to know from her?

Sorry for all the questions! :wacko:

I'm in the UK and I didn't have anything to fill in before, this time or last time round, we filled it all in then.

I had a water birth, it was AMAZING. My daughter weighed 10lb 7oz and I swear the water was magic because I had a little bit of gas and air and then nothing for when I was pushing her out. It was so relaxing and comfortable and warm and lovely. If I could have a water birth every time I'd give birth every year! Lol. I can't have one this time though because I had a large PPH due to her size and my uterus not contracting back down straight again xx

I would love to try a water birth and have a home birth this time around, but my son stopped breathing 3 hours after he was born and we almost lost him. It took the nurses 10 minutes to get him breathing again, so because of that, I opt to have a hospital birth and leave a few hours after birth if everything is okay. With my youngest, I went home when she was just under 3 hours old and we were out at a playgroup the next morning.

I Would also love a water birth, but being that it is my first and I dont know what to expect and my medical aid wont pay for it, I have to go for normal birth or ceasar in hospital.

Im hoping to give normal birth, since all 3 of my sisters had a ceasar, and I really dont want one.

Today i have bad cramps and toothache :-(

I've been given paperwork about my family history, if anyone on either side has had any medical conditions or pregnancy complications. They also want details of previous pregnancies. I have to take a urine sample with me too.

I'm tempted with a water birth as I love baths but I also want normal pain relief if I need it so will wait and see.

Here's an off-topic picture. Snow! My bulldog is a little on the short side; if it keeps up like they said it's supposed to i'll have to tie a flag on his butt to find him!

Attachments

• snow.JPG
    snow.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 4
Here's an off-topic picture. Snow! My bulldog is a little on the short side; if it keeps up like they said it's supposed to i'll have to tie a flag on his butt to find him!
:rofl: Too funny!

I'm so glad most of the snow ended up turning to rain for us, driving in snow is the worst!

I didn't fill anything out before I went to see the MW, we did it all at the booking in app!

In other news, I got my letter for my 12 week scan today :happydance:

X

Yey for scan dates. Mines Wednesday then I'm going to tell people at work Thursday or Friday bit terrified of how to tell them and what they'll think.

Welcome Bell23! :flower:

And I also have my booking appointment early next week and would love to know if I need to prepare myself in anyway. DH isn't coming with me as I told him it will mainly be a lot of boring filling out forms and midwife said it will take an hour. Is there any info I should make sure I have from him before going? The only one I'm aware of is any potential for hereditary abnormalities(?!)

I haven't told my Mum about the pregnancy yet, so I haven't been able to ask her anything. Is there anything I would need to know from her?

Sorry for all the questions! :wacko:

I was wondering about that too. When I was on the phone making the appointment, they said I could bring home paperwork for DH if he can't make it, so hopefully I'll be able to do the same, and just bring it back when I get all the info needed from my parents!

Hi all. Re uk booking in appt. Last time with my mmc we filled it in at the appt but this time under a diff health authority I got the forms with the appt letter to bring with. Just hereditary stuff and prev preg/chn and stuff about smoking/drinking etc.
As for colds the soup sounds amazing. I have honey sugar and lemon in hot water which helps me.

Yey for scan dates. Mines Wednesday then I'm going to tell people at work Thursday or Friday bit terrified of how to tell them and what they'll think.

Yes I feel the same. A couple of my close work mates already know but when I tell the rest, I think they will be shocked. I also expect some of them will assume I won't be returning after Mat Leave so they will set their sights on my job lol!

Will you tell them individually or just tell everyone at once?

X

I'm thinking I'll tell them all at once either on Thursday at the Christmas dinner or on Friday afterwards. Or I'll wait until after the holidays. I've no idea, I'm completely lost :(

Re booking in - there prob isn't anything you won't be able to fill in and if there happens to be something you could always come back to it.

Hi guys,

How is everyone going? 10 weeks today! So exciting! By the way, can someone add me to the front page, seems the switching of forums left me off the new list - due July 10.

Is anyone else announcing on christmas? How are you planning on doing it? Been thinking up ideas x

Is anyone else announcing on christmas? How are you planning on doing it? Been thinking up ideas x

I was going to announce on Christmas until I slipped and told my mom. :haha: But the way I was going to do it was to give her a nana's rules picture frame with a picture of the scan.

Hey Krissie,

Cute idea, yes it is so hard not telling anyone. My partner has been telling all the shop assistants just bursting to tell someone lol

What do you think of the idea writing I'm pregnant on a christmas tree decoration and giving it as a present? I wanted to use the scan but my current one looks like a jelly bean and the next more human looking scan isn't till after xmas

Hi ladies, it's been a while since I've posted and thought I'd update with a picture. Thought I was just bloated but starting to think twice with this photo..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 11
Hi ladies, it's been a while since I've posted and thought I'd update with a picture. Thought I was just bloated but starting to think twice with this photo..

Cute bump! Babydoll! :thumbup:

Sorry UK gals that I can't help with paperwork questions... :nope:

I would absolutely love to have a water birth... But with my current insurance plan, not possible :growlmad:

I totally am gonna try that soup, Brandi! Looks amazing!

I had my glucose tolerance test today. Has anyone else had to have one of those? I had to drink a little bottle of sugary syrup and have blood drawn an hour after.. I felt so sicky today :( completed knackered and grouchy! Come on second trimester!!!

Cute bump babydoll!!!

So a few days ago I posted on here feeling super sorry for myself that ms finally found me--I had the flu! It's been down right miserable had it since Sunday now the dh and one son has it the next won't be far behind. :( we are an anti flu shot family but didn't think that being preggo I should have maybe got it. Anyone had the flu or any other bad virus's? What did you find work for relief?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->