July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Baking Soda gender test...your pee and baking soda. If it fizzes, it's a boy, if it does nothing, it's a girl.

Intelligender...which mixes crystals and your urine to predict the gender, and I found out about Gender Maker, which is 98.2% accurate from 6 weeks at predicting the gender of your baby

So I just found out my 17 year old great-niece is in labour. Yes, GREAT-niece. I'm about to be a great-great-aunt at 27

Baking Soda gender test...your pee and baking soda. If it fizzes, it's a boy, if it does nothing, it's a girl.

Intelligender...which mixes crystals and your urine to predict the gender, and I found out about Gender Maker, which is 98.2% accurate from 6 weeks at predicting the gender of your baby

After a quick google, all I can gather is both are not reliable. Sonogram is the only way to know x

Intelligender was right for me with my youngest, but it's super expensive so I won't do that one again. I am curious about this Gender Maker one though, and it's on sale right now so I might order it and give it a shot.

I have only got baking powder so I won't bother trying. Thanks for the info though never heard it before.

Cute bump babydoll!!!

So a few days ago I posted on here feeling super sorry for myself that ms finally found me--I had the flu! It's been down right miserable had it since Sunday now the dh and one son has it the next won't be far behind. :( we are an anti flu shot family but didn't think that being preggo I should have maybe got it. Anyone had the flu or any other bad virus's? What did you find work for relief?

Flu shot is absoloutly safe in pregnancy. I work in a hospital so it is mandatory i get one every year. And if i don't i get to wear a mask at work ALL THE TIME till spring. Yeah, that is not happening.

I had my flu jab last week.

Off topic - just dropped my son off at nursery for his last taster session before his first full day and he was breaking his heart when I left. I can't stop crying :-(

I just booked an appointment with my manager to discuss my leaving date and taking holiday to leave even earlier. Little worried that she had no idea that there was paperwork to do so I printed my pregnancy leave pack. If I can take the holiday I want I'll ve leaving the end of May.

Hello Ladies
Sorry I was MIA, I dont get on much once I leave work. I took yesterday off as I thought my daughter was getting braces but turned out to only be having impressions made of her teeth. I also had my 1st OB appt since being released from the RE. We like the Dr we picked out! He is totally on board with vaginal delivery of twins and even do breech delivery, such a relief as I want to avoid c-section if at all possible! He also is not a fan of induction either which is fine with me. Baby A looked/measured wonderfully and we heard the heartbeat at 167, Baby B however we were not able to get good measurement of nor hear the heart beat, so he wants me back next week. Baby B is on bottom and you can see that we didnt have a clear view of it's entire lil body. Since I am expecing twins I will be seen every 2 wks, such a relief and spoiling us on seeing our lil gummy bears so often.

All the scans that have been posted this week look wonderful, I love seeing them. Hope you ladies are doing well today.

Attachments

• 9w5dtwins.jpg
    9w5dtwins.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 12
Hi guys,

How is everyone going? 10 weeks today! So exciting! By the way, can someone add me to the front page, seems the switching of forums left me off the new list - due July 10.

Is anyone else announcing on christmas? How are you planning on doing it? Been thinking up ideas x

Ooh, you're due the same day as me! We are going to tell our parents on Christmas Day by giving them a scan photo each. Not sure yet whether to put in their Christmas card or whether to get a little photo frame and frame it.

Frustrated yay for being July 10 buddies. Your plan to announce is so how I wish I could announce :D R u using your dating scan or are you able to get an NT scan before xmas? Here in Australia I had a dating scan at 7 weeks but next one not till 12.5 weeks (The NT one) and the 7 week scan was not really baby like in appearance lol

I haven't had a dating scan yet. I think in the UK that is done at 12 weeks. That is usually when the first scan is done in the UK unless they suspect something might be wrong. However, as ours was an IVF baby we had a scan at 6+1 weeks to look for a heartbeat and check it wasn't ectopic and a further one at 9+1 weeks to check it was developing normally. I've now been signed off by my clinic for the usual antenatal care so my next scan will be the NT scan/ dating scan. I really wanted it before Christmas so that I could have a revised photo to do the big reveal. However, due to being away recently I've not been able to arrange to see the midwife until tomorrow. She has called me today to say I can have my NT scan on 30 Dec when I'll be 12+4 as that's the first slot they have available. I'm going to ask them to call me if they get any cancellations for 23rd or 24th though. You never know your luck! My photo from 9 weeks isn't too bad as you can see the head, arms and legs. The one from 6 weeks is terrible. It just looks like a smudge!

Are you able to get a private scan in order to get a better picture?

Ah, lovely picture SassyGee! You must be thrilled. How great to get a scan every two weeks! I'd love that. Another 18 days to go until my next one, which is the NT scan. That will probably be the scariest one of all.

Thanks Frustrated. Eww to the long wait til nex scan. Hopefully you can keep busy so as to not drive yourself crazy til then,

If you have to wait til the 30th Frustrated you could wait and do a new years reveal "New Year, new baby" kind of thing. That's what I was going to if I had to wait.

If you have to wait til the 30th Frustrated you could wait and do a new years reveal "New Year, new baby" kind of thing. That's what I was going to if I had to wait.

Unfortunately, my mum won't be with us then and my step children will be with us (who will just put a downer on the whole thing)

Ooh lots of lovely scan pics ladies, it is so exciting to see them all!

I have my private scan on Saturday morning and I will be 8w4d, I cannot wait but am also a bit nervous too. Partly nervous because I just hope LO is still there and growing ok and also nervous because twins run in my family (mum, aunt and my sister have all had them) and I don't know if we could afford two more babies lol!

X

Doctors office just called to tell me they scheduled my NT scan for Jan 2.
I will be 13W 6D. She even told me if I wanted they could "check" for sex but no promises.
Would be so nice if they could tell, even though very early. We leave for my dads the next day and he doesn't know yet.

:dance: I made the soup ok with difficuktky cos chicken is one thing I struggle to know if its done or not but tasted find . The soup was smzin now I scare all the vampires away with my lovely garlic breath .. ::

I had my scan today it was absolutely amazing!!! We are so happy s/he is all healthy :D I'll post a pic a little later xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->