July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Glad you enjoyed it moltal!

I picked up the ingredients to make it tonight as well. LOVE that soup. It's my favourite!

Congrats on all the lovely scans.
I am getting addicted to my Doppler. Trying not to use it every day but its so hard!

Congrats on all the lovely scans.
I am getting addicted to my Doppler. Trying not to use it every day but its so hard!

Me too!!! I have used it everyday since I got it. I decided I need a break and will not use it for three days. I am so happy I spent the money on it.

Hi guys,

How is everyone going? 10 weeks today! So exciting! By the way, can someone add me to the front page, seems the switching of forums left me off the new list - due July 10.

Is anyone else announcing on christmas? How are you planning on doing it? Been thinking up ideas x

Ooh, you're due the same day as me! We are going to tell our parents on Christmas Day by giving them a scan photo each. Not sure yet whether to put in their Christmas card or whether to get a little photo frame and frame it.

Frustrated yay for being July 10 buddies. Your plan to announce is so how I wish I could announce :D R u using your dating scan or are you able to get an NT scan before xmas? Here in Australia I had a dating scan at 7 weeks but next one not till 12.5 weeks (The NT one) and the 7 week scan was not really baby like in appearance lol

I haven't had a dating scan yet. I think in the UK that is done at 12 weeks. That is usually when the first scan is done in the UK unless they suspect something might be wrong. However, as ours was an IVF baby we had a scan at 6+1 weeks to look for a heartbeat and check it wasn't ectopic and a further one at 9+1 weeks to check it was developing normally. I've now been signed off by my clinic for the usual antenatal care so my next scan will be the NT scan/ dating scan. I really wanted it before Christmas so that I could have a revised photo to do the big reveal. However, due to being away recently I've not been able to arrange to see the midwife until tomorrow. She has called me today to say I can have my NT scan on 30 Dec when I'll be 12+4 as that's the first slot they have available. I'm going to ask them to call me if they get any cancellations for 23rd or 24th though. You never know your luck! My photo from 9 weeks isn't too bad as you can see the head, arms and legs. The one from 6 weeks is terrible. It just looks like a smudge!

Are you able to get a private scan in order to get a better picture?

Hey Frustrated,
Yeah my 7week scan prob looks like your 6 week scan - not very baby like. More like a jelly bean! I tried to get another scan before xmas but they are a bit stricter with ultrasounds here. My next one (the NT scan) is also on the 30th. I wish I could have a scan before then. Its been 3 weeks now and 2.5 more to go. Would be nice to be reassured everything all still ok. I guess I am a worry wart :p

So sharing the soup recipe made me crave the soup. I made it. Sooooo yummy!

Also, last week, I dry heaved at work and peed myself. Just now, I sneezed and peed myself. And I still have another 31 weeks of this???!!!

Also, last week, I dry heaved at work and peed myself. Just now, I sneezed and peed myself. And I still have another 31 weeks of this???!!!

Welcome to my world Brandi! All this nasal congestion has given me wicked post nasal drip and my throat is sore and raw. I am coughing constantly and trickling all the time. Fml...

Welcome to all the newbies :flower:

Awesome scans too everyone! I need some good excuses to finagle a 12 week scan! There is no way I can hold out till 20 weeks! :( anybody have any ideas on how I can trick them into ordering me one?? :happydance:

Welcome to all the newbies :flower:

Awesome scans too everyone! I need some good excuses to finagle a 12 week scan! There is no way I can hold out till 20 weeks! :( anybody have any ideas on how I can trick them into ordering me one?? :happydance:
Say uve been spottin?? Or had bad cramps ? But then again lying isnt the best u don't want to jinx urself ..

I usually just beg them lol, like today I'm going to ask if it's possible to get more monitoring scans. Worse they can say is no lol.

Argh I am feeling so moody today,
everything and everyone is bothering me.....
All I want to do is go home, but then I think of my mother in law and her kids at my place, and then I rather want to run away!!!! Argh.....

Worst diet for me already bmi 17 so I can't imagine losing more which I am .. Haha .. Ladies may I ask cos I'm kinda stuck .. When should u start a new born on a bottle?? I wud b breast feedin but only for six weeks because of work .. N has anyone had a water labour? .. It bit early to ask but good to know .. Ps that chicken soup sounds lovely .. I wud need it as I work with toddlers :)

I didn't read through all the posts, so this may have been answered already. You can get a good pump and continue your milk supply if you pump on breaks. Some managers will even give you extra time on your breaks if they know it's pump related. Otherwise, you can continue a morning feeding and evening feedings ( or what're nursing/work schedule ) and have the care provider bottle feed while you're at work. Just make sure you keep using infant nipples on the bottles. If they get milk easier from the bottle than they'll ween themselves from the nipple. As Long as you feed the baby at the same times every day, you will continue to have milk available at those times everyday.

If you have to miss a day, make sure you pump at that time to maintain your milk supply.

As for water birth, I did that! It was a really amazing experience, but you can prolong your labor a little since it slows down contractions.

Good luck with everything!

Omg this is happening to me too!! I've started wearing panty liners because I have a left over cough from a cold a few weeks ago. Every time I cough I gush. It's so embarrassing even if no one else knows! Glad I'm not the only one :hugs:

I'm slightly confused little .. I realt appreciate your reply I really want a water birth as it causes no problem if its done properly but only prob my medicl aid won't cover it .. But why I am confused how can I pump milk at work wen I won't even be with the baby. ? Or is it just so I have milk for home? sorry stupid question but I am confused lol :shy:

Brandi
I tell my wifey all the time I am going to need some Depends real soon! I squeeze my muscles so tight when I sneeze cuz I just know I will pee on myself. Yea I think the same thing, like seriously it's gonna be a long pg with this starting so soon. LOL

Went to see the midwife today and got all my notes and things :)

Me too! She was lovely although seemed so young to me. I must be getting old! She's made sure we're booked in for a consultant appointment and more detailed anomaly scan at 20 weeks given the genetic condition my eldest step-son has, which is a relief. At least that way we will be properly prepared if anything is wrong with the little one. Now I just have to wait for my next scan on 30th. Looking forward to telling our parents on Christmas Day and everyone else on New Year's day :happydance:

My midwife is much older than me but I don't mind, they all seem nice enough, I'm seeing the consultant on the 16th Jan too

Boy have I missed a lot! Wonderful scans ladies. Hope everyone is doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->